• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Continental Tyres

oldwisedude

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of us are interested in tyres discussions, including me. We are fortunate that motorcycle tyre technology has progressed to its present high level with so many good tyres to chose from. We also appreciate that 'stock' rubber is built to a price and often sacrifices grip and feel. Personally I prefer grip and progressive feedback from the tyres above all other considerations.

For instance, my 2018 Kawasaki Z900 was shod with Dunlop D214 tyres, or "Ditchfinders" as I called them. They were lethal in cold or damp conditions but reasonable in really hot summer. I never felt properly connected to the road and abandoned them for Continental Road Attack 3, which were a revelation.

My KTM 790 Duke had Maxxis tyres from stock but again I could not develop confidence that they would save me when things got tricky. So I fitted Continental Trail Attack 3. These are similar to Road Attack 3 but with more tread depth and bigger grooves, all of which I need when riding nadgery back lanes in a UK winter, when tarmac is covered in mud, leaves and loose chippings, not to mention the pot-holes! The Conti's are like a suspension upgrade. It is as if I was wearing my favourite cushy carpet slippers. Comfort is noticeably better and less harsh but the tyres still grip in all conditions. When the limit of grip is getting close, the tyres will gently creep and drift, thus avoiding the "now you see me/now you don't" break-away that some super-grippy tyres can exhibit.

Check out technical stuff for yourself:-

Note that Continental don't use release agents in the moulds, so the tyres don't feel slippery straight out of the box.

The hard/soft rubber banding is seamlessly achieved by heat curing, rather than using different rubber compounds.

The tread depth is above average

The Trail Attack is 90% road 10% off-road

Very rapid warm-up (within the first mile or so)

Easy, natural, predictable 'feel' when cornering in dry or wet conditions

A pair of Continental Trail Attack 3's cost me £294 in the UK. They are not the cheapest tyres but they are outstandingly good. I will report more with photos in due course.

I have no business or financial connections with Continental.

Last edited:
Moved to Tire Tech Talk forum.

Back