• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire Size and Load Charts

The lower pressure makes a very noticeable difference when off pavement, and you tend to vary the pressure depending on the composition of where you are riding. Pinch flats can be a problem with the lower pressures for inner tubes, so you really have to be prepared and carry supplies to patch a tube out in the boonies as well as carrying spare tubes in case hole is too big to patch. With tubeless tires like on the NC700 I'd be concerned about breaking the bead and loosing pressure. I've seen pics of horribly dented rims that could still be ridden back to camp with a tube which would have been a real show stopper for a tubeless tire.

Didn't realize how low the pressure is for off road tires.

4.jpgIf you think off road air pressures are low on a off road bike, a ATV tire pressures range as low as 2.7 PSI and as high as 10 PSI. 4 PSI seems to be the value recommended the most. If the pressure in the tire is too high you will get pounced off the unit, and flip the ATV.

Smileynoevil.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
We do the same thing when off roading jeeps. Lowering the pressure allows the tire to conform more to the ground and gives you a better grip. Especially on rock. The only difference is we have bead locks (wheels) and don't have to worry about breaking a seal and loosing air.

I have never done any serious off road motorcycle riding but the low psi doesn't surprise me.

Back