• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire pump - 7.5 amp max

2soon2old

Reaction score
Visit site
Could not find on the forum with search.

Is there a tire pump with 7.5 amp max draw for use with the power outlet, which has a 7.5 amp fuse?

Thanks

Bought my Slime 8 minute pump at Wal-Mart. (Do not get the 14 minute smaller pump, gets too hot) Fits prefect in the frunk. I use it on everything. When you go from asphalt to dirt you will take your air pressure down to 25 psi (some skinny folks take the pressure down to 20 psi), otherwise you will bounce around like a beach ball in the sand. When you go back to asphalt change back to the tire pressure your tire manufacture recommends, which is usually around 40 psi.

Many thanks to both of you. I looked at Slime pumps at a local parts store, but the smallest was 8 amps. I will check at Walmart. I missed the Dynaplug on Amazon. I guess a bad search term.

Also, thanks, Old Can Ride, for the advice on pressure. Every day something appears on this forum that I have not thought about.

Last edited:
The Dynaplug is great, I use mine all the time on the bike and the car although I plug it into a battery tender connection rather than the frunk's 12v (I'd added the tender connection before I got the pump and it's in a more convenient location).
The slime works but it's nowhere near the quality, the pressure gauge was crappy even before it broke completely. The dynaplug's gauge is lit, the thing itself has a light where the hose comes out and the gauge doesn't waver around while pumping air.
Definitely pricey but I'm very happy with it, I even bought one for my dad for Christmas last year to keep in the car.

Back