• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The wife and her new NCX take a tumble

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting night at the Silverhound house. Had just finished installing the OEM centerstand on my wife's week old NCX tonight. She came out to the garage to admire my work. Asked her to move the bike a couple feet into it's normal parking spot and in a split second wife was on the floor with the bike on top of her. Seems her foot slipped as she was pushing it and down they both went. Fortunately she was gracious enough to cushion the bike's fall with her body so there was no damage to it at all. Unfortunately she didn't fare so well herself. A trip to the ER and an X-Ray confirmed a fractured right ankle.

Soooo....someone's riding season is over for a while. She was more concerned about the bike when it fell. I was concerned with getting the bike off of her which as it turns out is pretty easy to lift when your loved one is pinned under it. I'm trying to consul her with the fact that it's getting a little too cold to ride here now anyhow and now that the bike has fallen over once the odds are far less it will happen again. Ironically the new riding jacket I bought her arrived today and I also had just ordered a bunch of farkles including a set of engine guards earlier today. :rolleyes:

I guess technically she has now had her first motorcycle accident and I think if you're going to have one that 0 MPH is about the best speed for it to happen. She's resting comfortably. It's a very minor fracture but she'll be in a cast and on crutches for a while. Looks like I'll be riding solo again for a while. :(

So sorry for what happened to your wife. Hopefully she will recover soon and will be joining you in your rides. As you mentioned, it was better that it was at zero miles and you were there for her :).

I am sorry to hear this. My wife suffered a similar non-displaced fracture and a really bad sprained ankle about 8 weeks ago. She tripped over Stella, our dachshund/lab mix. She is getting around fine now but was on crutches 7 weeks. I hope your wife bounces back quickly - look on the bright side. The bike wasn't damaged and this is your chance to do most of the housework and cooking for a month or so. :)

I am sorry to hear this. My wife suffered a similar non-displaced fracture and a really bad sprained ankle about 8 weeks ago. She tripped over Stella, our dachshund/lab mix. She is getting around fine now but was on crutches 7 weeks. I hope your wife bounces back quickly - look on the bright side. The bike wasn't damaged and this is your chance to do most of the housework and cooking for a month or so. :)

Hadn't considered that. :rolleyes: Perhaps I can get one of my teenage daughters off their cell phones long enough to help out a bit. ;)

Sorry to hear and I hope she recovers soon. I agree, a good story to tell about the first time she laid a bike down :)

Sorry to hear about your wife. It only takes a mila second and your wondering what the heck just happened. Ankles injuries suck. I hope she deals with it well and recovers fully. Give her our regards.

We all hope for a speedy recovery - I guess it's a good sign she was worried about the bike, sure she'll be wanting to get back onto it soon.
And good luck to you with your expanded household role!

Interesting night at the Silverhound house. Had just finished installing the OEM centerstand on my wife's week old NCX tonight. She came out to the garage to admire my work. Asked her to move the bike a couple feet into it's normal parking spot and in a split second wife was on the floor with the bike on top of her. Seems her foot slipped as she was pushing it and down they both went. Fortunately she was gracious enough to cushion the bike's fall with her body so there was no damage to it at all. Unfortunately she didn't fare so well herself. A trip to the ER and an X-Ray confirmed a fractured right ankle.

Soooo....someone's riding season is over for a while. She was more concerned about the bike when it fell. I was concerned with getting the bike off of her which as it turns out is pretty easy to lift when your loved one is pinned under it. I'm trying to consul her with the fact that it's getting a little too cold to ride here now anyhow and now that the bike has fallen over once the odds are far less it will happen again. Ironically the new riding jacket I bought her arrived today and I also had just ordered a bunch of farkles including a set of engine guards earlier today. :rolleyes:

I guess technically she has now had her first motorcycle accident and I think if you're going to have one that 0 MPH is about the best speed for it to happen. She's resting comfortably. It's a very minor fracture but she'll be in a cast and on crutches for a while. Looks like I'll be riding solo again for a while. :(

7.jpg

There are only two types of motorcycle riders.

1. Those who have dropped their motorcycle.

2. Those who will drop their motorcycles.

Welcome to the have's. Hope you get well soon so you can Ride!

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the injury. Speedy recovery, please!

When she goes to work all those folks will say look how dangerous those motorcycles are.

I understand when this stuff happens you don't get to choose to get injured or not. I'm past the point about worrying about the machine getting beat up in a fall. It is a shame, but it's just a bunch of replaceable parts. I would much rather get away with out an injury. I could take a scratch or two, but a broken bone... Which side do you want me to drop it on?

Sorry to hear this, man! That's wicked....
Hope your wife heals quick and you both write it off to future memories to smile about

There are only two types of motorcycle riders.

1. Those who have dropped their motorcycle.

2. Those who will drop their motorcycles.

OCR beat me to it.
We probably all have embarrassing stories about early drops in our biking careers, so she's joined the club :)

Glad her injury is minor, and she'll be up and riding in no time.

Awe, suckage! :(

Give her best wishes from me too!

Hey, it happens. Not much of a comfort when you have a brand new bike sitting there ready to ride and you can't, but things can always be worse, lol. I know this for a fact...:eek:

Back