• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The new VFR800X CROSSRUNNER 2015

Jonty03

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this imported into the States? I really,really like this bike - it's so new it hasn't even got a licence plate. Didn't stop me from blatting around Lancashire for the afternoon with a big grin on my face.....

IMG_20150218_125339244_HDR.jpgIMG_20150218_125310874_HDR.jpgIMG_20150218_125323122_HDR.jpg

Congrats, very nice looking machine :cool:

Did you trade your NCX in for it?

Alas, not imported to North America that I'm aware of yet. (if ever)

I don't know if it will be available in the states (I doublt it), but it's fancy smancy with its V4 and all the bells and whistles. It's a good bit heavier than the NC, and I bet it won't be cheap.

I was at North American Honda Headquarters in Torrance, CA on this past Saturday to doing a Research Study there. I only wished that Honda Corporate Representatives were there and I would have given them an ear full of what I have to say. The VFR800X and VFR1200X would be on my list of motorcycle that should be brought over to North America for us all to enjoy. Not fair that others get to have this bike... :(

IMG_4125.jpg

It is a lovely bike and a very good one, but for some reason it is not selling that well over here. They are an even rarer sight than the NC in Ireland. It is basically a VFR800 with longer legs. The Crosstourer is not selling either, and I believe Honda were nonplussed enough to send reps to a Varadero rally to enquire why Vara owners were not naturally progressing to the Crosstourer. I have no idea what they subsequently found out.

Very nice bike ! Lets hope they will import the next/new Africa Twin next year all over North America. I'm having a problem with the marketing of Japanese adventure bikes in America...They have them all in the old Continent and here we have nothing (almost) :(

[..I would have went with the DCT version without a doubt!]

I'm not positive but I've never heard of the DCT being fitted to the 800 cc V4 engine. They have DCT on the VFR1200, DN-01, and NC.

Alas, as pointed out, Honda don't offer a dct option with it - I was actually getting left hand fatigue because I'm so used to my dct. Standard equipment is high, but then so is the price....
Akro exhaust, top box (colour coded),heated grips, self cancelling indicators, tom tom sat nav all as standard.

The sound of that exhaust is just blissful - bouncing off the Preston houses...la la la.

In UK it has got to compete with the new Yamaha MT Tracer & the Triumph Tigers - all priced under £10K. The Yam (most highly favoured) is only just over £8K. This new Crossrunner is well over the £10K mark.

[It's the NM4 that has DCT , The DN-01 had the "Human Friendly Transmission"]

Thanks for the clarification. I'm forever confusing those two scooter-like vehicles.

I would love to have one of these. I spoken to my dealer about it several times and they want it too.

Don't get me wrong; that's a very lovely bike. But who designed that front fender? The Extenda needs to be a foot long!

View attachment 22831

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong; that's a very lovely bike. But who designed that front fender? The Extenda needs to be a foot long!

I'd have to agree with this statement. There are 2 radiators on this bike. The bottom one would be catching everything coming off the tire.

I only wish that the Research Study that I at American Honda in Torrance this past Saturday was for this bike. I'd clearly point this out as design thaw.

Back