• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The new VFR800X CROSSRUNNER 2015

The price it appears is around $10,500. Lot of competition of 800cc duel sports in that price range. No one has a shaft drive. Triumph does have cruise control.

To my knowledge the DCT is not fitted to the 800.

Why Not???

The 2014 model was available with the DCT, see... :eek:

2014VFR800X.JPG

Why give to use one year and take away the next. Even if it does not sell now, it will as the technology get more widely accepted in the motorcycling community.

The Highlander T DCT for me Please!!!

Why Not???

The 2014 model was available with the DCT, see... :eek:

View attachment 22859

Why give to use one year and take away the next. Even if it does not sell now, it will as the technology get more widely accepted in the motorcycling community.

The Highlander T DCT for me Please!!!
You're showing us the 1200cc Crosstourer descriptions. In this thread we're talking about the 800cc Crossrunner. They're two different motorcycles. The 800 never came with DCT.

Last edited:
Must've had a senior moment or the site sent me to the wrong the web-page. I will look into it and get back to you all.

OK, that was all me, "MY BAD!!!" These other Honda sites in other countries can be quite confusing at times. The US sites allow previous year model comparsions.

I found this web-page regarding the 2015 VFR800X CrossRunner. This bike has Honda’s Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) traction control system, which is apparently new. That's probably why they are not offering a DCT Model, as this system may not be compatible with DCT or there's not enough space to make it all fit nicely.

I thought the crosstour was the 800cc dct model.the crossrunner is not.i have one on my tablet wallpaper.just as a dream lol.

[..This bike has Honda’s Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) traction control system, which is apparently new. That's probably why they are not offering a DCT Model, as this system may not be compatible with DCT or there's not enough space to make it all fit nicely...]

The usual drill is to have engine power reduced via electronic means when traction control comes into play so it's not done at the clutch. My guess on DCT's omission on the VFR800 is related to final cost and perhaps space since it does make the engine wider by around 25 mm.

I just looked it up and the Crosstourer uses the V4 based on the big VFR so it has DCT. The Crossrunner uses a V4 based on the VFR800. Both engines are completely different from each other.

Last edited:
really like the bike. Wonder if honda will ever bring it over to the states ?
Seems like honda (state side) has a very limited amount of adventure style bikes (i think only 2 and one of those are dct option).
would love to upgrade, but only with dct.

The Turkish Motorcycle Police use the Crossrunner, nice looking bikes.

I test drove one before I purchased the NC750.

Beautiful engine, very responsive, great handling, but a little too heavy for me with too much of my weight pushed forward to my wrists.

If this bike has an automatic transmission, which I believe it does, I'll buy it. On the other hand, if Yamaha, Suzuki, or anyone else has an automatic, I'll buy that too. Bring them on!

If this bike has an automatic transmission, which I believe it does, I'll buy it. On the other hand, if Yamaha, Suzuki, or anyone else has an automatic, I'll buy that too. Bring them on!

But it doesn't have DCT... I'm gonna testride it too as soon as the dealer gets it in. Other dealer who has it, said that they will not allow test-ride, but I could sit on it and hear the engine. Loved it.

Back