• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The 14 Minute Air Pump

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
2.jpgAs I was out and about today, running my wife's errands that she is nice enough to make me do every day, I went to Lowe's Hardware. While in Lowes, by accident, if found myself on the aisle with the portable auto 12 Volt air compressors. Being my air compressor takes up about 1/3 of a bag, I stopped to look. I didn't see anything any thing smaller than my black and decker air station. Don't get we wrong the B&D air station works great, it's just big. A young fellow who works at Lowes asked me if he could help, that was different. I told him my problem with space on the motorcycle. He reached down to the bottom counter, which I couldn't see because my belly was in the way, and in one hand he come up with the Slime 14 minute tire pump. It only cost $12.99. I figured there was no way that little thing could blow up a motorcycle tire in 14 minutes, but at that price I just had to try it. Can't believe it, it actually works. Comes with a 1 year warranty, Led built in light, and adapter for inflating air bags.
It does warm up after 14 minutes, but it does turn itself off. Also has a built in fuse, so you can't over do it. My air station is staying home for the Alaska trip, and this small about 4" X 4"X 1 1/2", 14 minute pump goes with me.

Slime 50.jpg

Slime.jpg

smileyGlass.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to need a new Air compressor soon..... I just my try this. Thanks for posting... and update this thread after you have had it a while :D

I looked at getting this pump for my MC too. Not trying to make ya feel bad about your purchase, but this pump
has VERY unfavorable reviews on Amazon. Out of 31 reviews, 17 have given it 1 star out of 5. http://www.amazon.com/Slime-40020-T...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
It would suck to be depending on it, and then have it let ya down when you're on the side of the road with a flat.

I have a pump I bought at the local dollar store, so I'm thinking it may let me down when I need it. The very reason I have
the CO2 refill kit, along with a small, quality bicycle hand pump. The bicycle pump would give me a workout for sure, but it
beats having to get on the phone and call for help. 3 ways to inflate my tire, hopefully i'm covered!

Last edited:
that's a first thing i bought and put in my frunk. tire repair set,this compressor($10 at walmart),small flash light and multi tool thingy. a must for every rider.

There was a long post about fixing a flat on the road, HERE, and I learned how to from that post.

I ended up buying three different Slime compressor units just because I wasn't paying attention. I ordered the "top off" unit got a low rating because it overheats, and is really meant to "top off" a low tire not inflate a flat one from nothing. Slime makes an even bigger unit which I also got, but that one won't hide in the side panel of the frunk.

The last one I bought was..sadly, more expensive, but it fits in the phantom frunk space and it is meant to inflate completely... THIS ONE.

So now, under the left side panel of the frunk, I carry that last slime inflator, and THIS kit. I like the tool that doubles as the reemer and the string insert device.
I have battery tender cable and the cigarette lighter adapter, so I can plug in the Slime Inflator.
I confess I haven't had to use it, yet, and I hope I never do.

Might be interesting to go out in the back yard, take a nail, puncture the rear tire, and then try to fix it with just the stuff on the bike.
hmmm....

This is one of the highest rated small portable air pumps out there:
Mini-Air Compressor - for Motorcycles, Scooters, & ATV's only - Stop & Go International Inc Store
The small Slime units have terrible reviews everywhere, so I would not rely on one in an emergency.
The StopNGo unit works very well and has a battery tender lead accessory. Very convenient since most people have one already on their bikes for battery maintenance. This pump with a Nealy tire repair kit is all you need for emergencies.

There was a long post about fixing a flat on the road

I read that other thread also and then the reviews on Amazon. I then saw this pump and I am considering getting it but it's not next on my wish list.

Yes it costs a few bucks but what accessory for this bike doesn't? Haven't we all have spent quite a bit just making it rideable?

CyclePump

Thanks for the advise. I took the 14 minute pump back and traded for the 8 minute pump. 8 minute cost $16.88 and it got good reviews. I tired the 8 minute pump, and it has a lot better gauge, more power, goes to 100psi, not 50psi like the 14 minute, and has a better light. The 8 minute pump is 3 inches bigger, and it still goes in the funk, and is a lot better pump. Thanks again!3.jpg

smileysmug.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
... hide in the side panel of the frunk.... fits in the phantom frunk space ... the left side panel of the frunk, ...

While I found your post most informative, these bits sparked my interest - what extra dimensional zones are you referencing?

While I found your post most informative, these bits sparked my interest - what extra dimensional zones are you referencing?

Beneath the top two fake air ducts, which are super easy to remove and reinstall, there are empty hollows that you can fit a surprising amount of knick knacks in. Beware that they are open to the insides, and aren't exactly designed for doing storage, so waterproofing whatever you put in there is wise (ie ziploc bag/whatever), and it would be better to put your prized ball bearing collection in a box or bag, rather than just dumping them in, lol.

I took the owner's manual out of the trap door inner trunk storage compartment (look in there if you haven't, you will see it) photocopied any relevent info I thought most pertinent onto a couple sheets of paper to save space, and put in an entire flat repair kit, instead of just the space wasting OEM manual.

There are links to pictures 'n stuff in Strat's post.

There is storage space there... not official, not secure, not weather proof, but there.
Try this.
park your bike on the side stand.
turn the handle bars all the way to the left (as you would if you were going to lock them.)
kneel on the RIGHT side of the bike
reach in under the side of the frunk.
Let your finger tips follow the smooth plastic back toward the rear of the bike.

I keep a folded up pullover on the right side that I access just that way... no taking off the panel.
On the left, I keep all the gear needed to patch a flat and pump it up!
I learned that from Beemerphile.... I seem to learn a lot from that guy!

I'd been researching the cyclepump but balked at the price. I've also researched a few of the plastic jobs but balked at the perceived quality (think Pirsig). Having said this, I have several co2 canisters and an adapter for filling tires. Does anyone have experience with just how many of the canisters it takes to fill a completely flat tire?

I'd been researching the cyclepump but balked at the price. I've also researched a few of the plastic jobs but balked at the perceived quality (think Pirsig). Having said this, I have several co2 canisters and an adapter for filling tires. Does anyone have experience with just how many of the canisters it takes to fill a completely flat tire?

One of our Grand Farklers In Residence (can we have a badge for that?) - StartTuner, maybe or NorthWestRider, suggest that 6 would be required in a thread about fixing flats. He used 3 to get it about halfway started then finished with a minicompressor.

Thanks for the advise. I took the 14 minute pump back and traded for the 8 minute pump. 8 minute cost $16.88 and it got good reviews. I tired the 8 minute pump, and it has a lot better gauge, more power, goes to 100psi, not 50psi like the 14 minute, and has a better light. The 8 minute pump is 3 inches bigger, and it still goes in the funk, and is a lot better pump. Thanks again!

I recently bought a 56 dollar slime pump. Fills faster and holds a long charge. It wouldn't fit on a bike, but perfect for the garage.

D

out of curiosity i dropped the pressure in one tire and tried to fill fill it up with top off unit-1psi takes forever to fill and thing got very very hot.. then i tried regular,manual bell airstrike 300 for bicycle and it's filled tire faster :)
problem is-they both got s**ty reviews on amazon :)
i would give +1 to the bell pump cause i can carry it on my bicycle and NC

Last edited:
I could have used this pump this past Friday as I picked up an unwanted hitch hiker(looked to be a nail) while playing in the North Ga mountains....:(

out of curiosity i dropped the pressure in one tire and tried to fill fill it up with top off unit-1psi takes forever to fill and thing got very very hot.. then i tried regular,manual bell airstrike 300 for bicycle and it's filled tire faster :)
problem is-they both got s**ty reviews on amazon :)
i would give +1 to the bell pump cause i can carry it on my bicycle and NC

What the hell pumps are you guys using? :confused:

"1 psi takes forever to fill and it got very very hot" Ahroo!? :eek:

There's something strange going on here, with your guy's pumps...

My $9.00 Slime Top Off mini pump, is freaking awesome! It took less than 4 minutes to put in 22 PSI in my NCX rear tire during my flat repair thread post. I timed it. It didn't get hot to any noticeable point, let alone "very very" hot.

I've had this Mini Man air pump as long as I can remember but, dug it out of my box of cycle stuff today, plugged it in and it jumped to life as if it was expecting to do it's job. I can't report how long it takes to pump up a tire, but it surprisingly still works!

Air Man Mini.jpg

Back