• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle crash - speeding, driving in bus lane

mrbios

Reaction score
Visit site
As usual people will rush to say the car was at fault for turning in front of a motorcycle ignoring the fact that he was going maybe 2x or more the speed limit in the bus lane. Time to slow down especially when approaching intersections. I can remember only 1 car that tried to make a left in front of me in the late 90's where they froze at the last minute - would not have been a problem either way because I was going slow enough to stop - they waved noting their error because I was shaking my head and I waved back.

“He was right, as right as right can be. He knew he was right but he’s just as dead as if he was wrong”. That’s a badly paraphrased poem about riding but one I always think of when considering how I will ride that day.

As usual people will rush to say the car was at fault for turning in front of a motorcycle ignoring the fact that he was going maybe 2x or more the speed limit in the bus lane. Time to slow down especially when approaching intersections. I can remember only 1 car that tried to make a left in front of me in the late 90's where they froze at the last minute - would not have been a problem either way because I was going slow enough to stop - they waved noting their error because I was shaking my head and I waved back.

Gentlemanly way to handle a stressful situation with your experience in the 90s.

Let's put it this way. You must do some mistakes to learn. You are going to fall or crash eventually. The point is only to live enough so you can learn from the mistakes. Crash at low speeds if you must. Speed does not kill you, not really, what really kills you is the difference in speed with other vehicles around you. So, if you go at that speed in the city, you have elected to have the ultimate speed pleasure. He will not learn from it, but we can.

Back