• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thanks for Running Me Off the HOV

I was about to say the same thing as MZ5 said - in modern motorcycles, rear disc brakes are powerful enough to lock up the rear tire, without the assistance of engine brake. That might not hold true a few decades back where rear drum brakes were still the norm. Having additional braking power from the engine might help you in panic braking situations. Now days, the rear braking power limit isn't the brake itself, the "breaking point" is the rear tire traction.

In respond to all you Toyota owners out there. I think the statement of "Toyota drivers are bad drivers" would not hold true here. The fact that all of you ride a motorcycle, I would go out on a limb and say that you have more amplitude for motor vehicles and you tend to push the boundary. I'd say motorcycle riders' driving skill tend to be, at the very least, above the average Joe/Jane.

I wouldn't have said the same if this site were a crafting or quilting forum. :D

In respond to all you Toyota owners out there. I think the statement of "Toyota drivers are bad drivers" would not hold true here. The fact that all of you ride a motorcycle, I would go out on a limb and say that you have more amplitude for motor vehicles and you tend to push the boundary. I'd say motorcycle riders' driving skill tend to be, at the very least, above the average Joe/Jane.

I wouldn't have said the same if this site were a crafting or quilting forum. :D

You are halfway correct Mr naked duc. ALL Washington state licensed drivers are horrible drivers. I couldn't stand your driving after an hour in your state. Pulled over and let the girlfriend drive the rest of the way. Does Washington drivers ever have a destination they have to be at in a certain time frame?

As an MSF RiderCoach, I can say that we certainly do teach to downshift for all stops, especially quick stops in an emergency. The rationale is that you may be able to stop quickly to avoid a hazard in your path, but the vehicle behind you may not. It's better to be in first in case you need to make an emergency evasive move after stopping.

As for the theory that braking without squeezing the clutch until the last second will slow you more quickly because of engine braking, I disagree completely. Engine braking is engaged when downshifting and easing out the clutch. The engine slows (and therefore the power to the rear wheel) as a result of the higher engine speed slowing down to "catch up" to the lower gear. (not a scientific explanation, but hopefully it makes sense). In the theory of braking without squeezing the clutch, there is no engine braking. The slower speed of the bike as a result of the braking means that the engine is no longer running at a higher speed than the gear calls for. In fact, at some point in the process it will be running at a lower speed than appropriate for the gear; and as pointed out by several others on this thread could result in stalling the bike.

You are halfway correct Mr naked duc. ALL Washington state licensed drivers are horrible drivers. I couldn't stand your driving after an hour in your state. Pulled over and let the girlfriend drive the rest of the way. Does Washington drivers ever have a destination they have to be at in a certain time frame?

I agree completely. LOL You should see the parking lots that is the I-5 and I-405 on a rainy day after a period of dry days. It's as if people completely forgot how to drive in the rain. IT'S SEATTLE, PEOPLE! IT RAINS HERE LIKE 250 DAYS A YEAR!

In Los Angeles, it doesn't matter what car they drive, they are inattentive. I have almost been hit so many times. I was splitting lanes and I saw the mini van next to me turn into me. To this day, I still don't know how she didn't hit me. I must not have been my time to go down.

Another time on the 110 in downtown LA I was splitting lanes and I guy cut right in front of me, I hit the brakes locked it up, started sliding dropped my foot to keep it upright. I passed him and he did not even notice. He kept on driving, completely clueless!

Columbia Basin natives don't seem to share quite the same driving limitations as west-siders. They (we) have their (our) own limitations, but they're distinctly not the same as those of west-siders...
:p

I bought a new 2012 Prius got the top of the line every option, after having it for 3 months it was the worst designed car I had EVER had, I traded it in on a new Tundra truck

Problems with the Prius are Many
1. Way to many blind spots, see out of this car on a day to day basis is very awkward
2. getting in and out of this car is BAD!!! C- pillar is forward of the seat back meaning that you have to navagate around the C-pillar frame then sit back it on the seat, same thing getting out you have to move forward and get around the c-pillar to get out STUPID!!!
3. Poor seats
4. the faults go on and on!!!!

Back