• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-Motech/Givi Configurations

Spaceteach

Reaction score
Visit site
When I went to Daytona BikeWeek last month I ordered some luggage and thought I'd post a few pics of the different configurations on the bike.
The mounting hardware consists of an SW-Motech Alu-Rack, adapter for Givi Monokey Top Case, and EVO Quick Release Side mounts. The Top Case is a GIVI V46 and the side cases are GIVI E45. I had planned on going with the Trekker side cases, but after talking to the GIVI representative, I decided to go with the E45 cases. First and foremost the E45 bags were half the cost of the Trekker33 cases, and they are about half as heavy. I was also tempted by the E36 cases, but they were only about 1.5 inches narrower than the 45s and I wasn't too concerned about the width anyway. With the quick release carriers, it takes about two minutes to install or remove the side bags and mounts and I only plan on having them on the bike when needed. The V46 and E45 combination only gives me enough room to store 6 full face helmets, but I think it'll be enough.:) I think the Trekker series luggage looks better, and if I was planning on leaving the bags on the bike all the time I would have probably gone that route, but for my purposes the E45 work well. I'm also a big fan of the Givi V35 side cases, but SW-Motech does not have compatible mounts for those bags.
I've posted pictures in the Members section of the Forum Gallery under my user name of the mounts and different luggage configurations, but here are a few of the bags.
First is the top case only:
bike 009.jpg
then there are the side cases:
bike 022.jpg
And finally we have all cases mounted:
bike 013.jpg

Bob

Can you get a rear pic (the bike that is). I wanna see how far the sw motech mounts stand off the bike. And a top if you can. Thanks

Can you get a rear pic (the bike that is). I wanna see how far the sw motech mounts stand off the bike. And a top if you can. Thanks
I posted that view in the Gallery Section. Click on the Gallery button in the banner at the top of the Forum page then scroll down to World Scene. Below that click on Member Galleries and then go to Spaceteach.

Bob

I posted that view in the Gallery Section. Click on the Gallery button in the banner at the top of the Forum page then scroll down to World Scene. Below that click on Member Galleries and then go to Spaceteach.

Bob

Sorry my bad. I'm looking at the Trax luggage with the SW-Motech mounts right now.. Just gotta figure out where the $1200 I need is hiding at lol. I like the set up though the mounts don't look like they stand off the bike too far. I like the squared out bags better personally, plus the Trax luggage is super useful for carrying weird shaped things which I do often.

Do they get in the way of passenger leg room?
I don't really know the answer to that one. My wife is a nurse and any time I've asked her if she wants to go for a ride she reminds me that her resume includes a few years in the Trauma Center. She doesn't give me any grief about riding, but she refuses to even sit on the bike while its parked in the garage. Hopefully, someone with 2 up riding experience will post an answer.

Bob

When I went to Daytona BikeWeek last month I ordered some luggage and thought I'd post a few pics of the different configurations on the bike.
The mounting hardware consists of an SW-Motech Alu-Rack, adapter for Givi Monokey Top Case, and EVO Quick Release Side mounts. The Top Case is a GIVI V46 and the side cases are GIVI E45.
View attachment 3516

Bob

Hi!!

Is there a website where you can bundle everything together? I have been to some websites trying to match everything but most are a little difficult to navigate. Also for some reason in some websites our NC700X is not listed as a possible fit.

I really like your set up and how clean the bike looks when the bags and part of luggage frame is off.

Thanks

TonySilver,
I got the side cases and mounts from Twisted Throttle. They also stock the top case. If you go to shop by bike on their site you will find the rack and mounts. The Givi stuff is in the luggage,section of their site.

Bob

Twisted Throttle does stock most items, but other sites selling the various parts price the parts differently, some maybe cheaper, but few of them have all bits I wanted in one place.

In the end I basically gave up with all the price comparisons and just ordered all the stuff I wanted from Twisted Throttle as they sell the two main (ie big ticket) components I wanted, and I got free shipping on the lower price stuff, even if I paid a bit more for those than at other sites.

Back