• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sunlight, Heat and the LCD display

CaptDL

Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo, The bikes been sitting in the sun all day, its HOT, BRIGHT and the LCD is showing EVERY possible combo of lines/numbers/shapes it has. The key isn't even in it and the tach is maxed, the speedo reads 188, and there's stuff between the speedo and fuel gauge I've never seen before. A few minutes of riding settles everything to normal. Has anyone had thoughts on a flip down shade for the display?

I park in the shade- so I haven't seen this. If I didn't have shade, I would already have a Kwickover (sp?)

I use a small thick towel,and put over the display.tuck it in or I have a long hair band from wife.just wrap it around.anything to cover it will work.if out all day at home I put a cover over it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is pretty normal for LCD displays that are left in the hot sun. I second the recommendation for a cover. O have a cheap Walmart cover that I use. They seem to last about a season of parking in the sun.

Anyone looking for a cover,motorcycle superstore has one on sale today 11.99 water proof.just happen to see it on the July 4 the sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 year in az no shade everyday. No damage yet, but I'm not going to take any more chances. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back