• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Strange thing with fuel economy....

Ironically the way aerodynamics work, the longer the aerodynamic component is relative to frontal surface area the lower the drag coefficient, . So in a perfect mpg test of pure highway mpg with no acceleration, the bike with two passengers is actually more fuel efficient.

Drag coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a look at the long cylinder and short cylinder. Even though both are the same size the longer cylinder has significantly less drag than the short.

Curiously enough though, the full sphere has a higher drag number than the half sphere. I'm afraid I don't get that one...

I mean the full sphere is both "longer" than the half, and surely even a partial curve towards the back, approaching a streamline shape versus a 90* straight cut off, seems like it should do better?

Black Magic I says...

Oh, and looking down further in the article, the rough surface sphere versus smooth surface, (ie: Golf ball) reminds me of a (BMW I think?) helmet way back that had golf ball dimples using this theory. I guess it didn't catch on, lol

Last edited:
I like how there's very little love for California in that website's map you linked. :p
maybe its abit like Brighton UK a gay capital of UK...
getmecoat.gif

Back