• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speedmetal led conversion kit from cyclegear

I got mine from Daryl at Cyclops in Kent WA. Great guy, knowledgable. The lights work well. I've also added Denali D2's and love the combination. Easy headlight conversion.

Well I picked one up when they went back on sale at cyclegear. Quite happy with it, brighter and more even light, better color temp. I think my headlight beam adjustment screw is stripped though.

Thanks for the detailed order info and advice... ordered one last night. Any thing to watch out for or do you have a report elsewhere?

Thanks
Boz

Happy New Year to you all. :)

Just follow my instructions from my other post. Mounting the ballast will require removal of the left mid and front body panels. You will also require many cable ties to mount ballast and to secure all the cabling. It's that easy.

Happy New Year to you all. :)

Just follow my instructions from my other post. Mounting the ballast will require removal of the left mid and front body panels. You will also require many cable ties to mount ballast and to secure all the cabling. It's that easy.

Sorry, I meant to say the "Right" mid and left body panels. I was not near the bike when I responded, the bike was at home while I was out of town. :eek:

Can it be mounted just inside the fairing where the forks are with double side velcro ? Is it waterproof? That is the ballast. Speedmetal kit.

Can it be mounted just inside the fairing where the forks are with double side velcro ? Is it waterproof? That is the ballast. Speedmetal kit.

Yes, the ballast is waterproof. However the unit may get warm during use and soften the adhesive of the double-sided sticky tape or velcrow strips. I'd recommend using long cable ties like I did attached to the headlight support tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2873.jpg
    IMG_2873.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 513
Loved the detail pic and instructions. Im getting ready to tackle it after waiting for 3 broken ribs to heal from tripping over dog and trying to take out a 500# dresser. I have a light bar and motech engine guards and afraid I'll need to remove both to tackle the job of removing right side plastic. Any one know if delicate and patience may allow not taking off all the plastic, and guards etc. I know if you going to do the job you need to do it right but just in case anyone has done it without removing all the plastic I'd like to hear....

Thanks Boz

Put the Cycle Gear LED headlight kit in mine and it really made a big difference. Did not have to adjust headlight. Lights up the world at night.

Back