• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Speedmetal led conversion kit from cyclegear

Samurai

Reaction score
Visit site
00ac1e2e209499e56012348addc6163e.jpg
da631a14a50dd457adc6e19a6cf6b9a0.jpg
02cae97c5c00442db01e45c82fbb5c1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job!!! :eek: What's the light temperature in degrees of Kelvin (e.g. 5000 or 6000)?

I did this to NaNCy back in May. H4 LED Bulb Installation.

My nephew wanted to put a H4 LED Bulb in his Honda CB1000R, so I bought one for him. When I went to install it into the bike, the heat-sink diameter was too big for the limited space behind the headlight assembly on this bike. I took the one off of NaNCy, which had a smaller heat-sink diameter and it all work out. I then installed the unit that I ordered for him and installed it into NaNCy instead. All workout in the end. Both bikes have a Brighter LED Headlight now... :cool:

IMG_3805.jpg

Does that point straight at the ground or is that an effect of the camera angle? It looks really bright, but it also looks like it's aimed hard at 2-' in front of you. Please tell me I'm missing something.

5000 kelvin

That's the temperature that I am using too. :eek:

Does that point straight at the ground or is that an effect of the camera angle? It looks really bright, but it also looks like it's aimed hard at 2-' in front of you. Please tell me I'm missing something.

From my prospective, the ground looks like the gound is sloped. I also I had to adjusted the headlight aim after the installation in NaNCy. That might also need to be done it this case too...

Looks like a sloppy upper cut off to the beam. That's what's holding me back on the LED bulbs... they seem to just kind of toss light out everywhere like a cheap HID kit. They certainly are bright, but I don't want to be blinding oncoming traffic.

Anyone have pictures of them shining onto a wall at ~25' or so? Don't think I've seen one from the NC yet.

trey

Looks like a sloppy upper cut off to the beam. That's what's holding me back on the LED bulbs... they seem to just kind of toss light out everywhere like a cheap HID kit. They certainly are bright, but I don't want to be blinding oncoming traffic.

Anyone have pictures of them shining onto a wall at ~25' or so? Don't think I've seen one from the NC yet.

trey

Well then you have not been paying attention then. I have been using one on NaNCy since last May, check out the images below.

They do use 2 different LED Arrays to accomplish both Low Beam (Top Only) and High Beam (Both). The unit only draws a little over 2 Amps in either beam.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,056
  • IMG_2868.jpg
    IMG_2868.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,723
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,140
Well then you have not been paying attention then. I have been using one on NaNCy since last May, check out the images below.

They do use 2 different LED Arrays to accomplish both Low Beam (Top Only) and High Beam (Both). The unit only draws a little over 2 Amps in either beam.

No, I've been paying attention, I'm aware of the power savings, and I've seen that picture in your garage a dozen times. But... it doesn't show me anything about the beam pattern. You posted up a short review here - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5289-led-headlight-coming-soon-maybe-3.html#post97582, but no mention of how the light was thrown around.

There are a few reviews online, of the H4 conversions in particular that concern me (like this one - [Product Review]Independent Cyclops H4 LED Bulb Review - ADVrider )

I'd definitely appreciate it if one of you LED guys would post up a wall shot of the beam. I like the idea of LED lighting, I'm just not so sure it's a good fit in standard reflector housing. I've got an old H4 HID kit sitting on the shelf for the same reasons.

trey

No, I've been paying attention, I'm aware of the power savings, and I've seen that picture in your garage a dozen times. But... it doesn't show me anything about the beam pattern. You posted up a short review here - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/5289-led-headlight-coming-soon-maybe-3.html#post97582, but no mention of how the light was thrown around.

There are a few reviews online, of the H4 conversions in particular that concern me (like this one - [Product Review]Independent Cyclops H4 LED Bulb Review - ADVrider )

I'd definitely appreciate it if one of you LED guys would post up a wall shot of the beam. I like the idea of LED lighting, I'm just not so sure it's a good fit in standard reflector housing. I've got an old H4 HID kit sitting on the shelf for the same reasons.

trey

Well, I works will for me. When I'm riding at night, I do not have time to snap photos of the light patterns on the roadway. Besides they would not be likely to come out the way your eyes see them.

All that matters is that you can see in front of the you. For me the light patterns are not that much different from the Halogen bulb. Yes, they differ slightly, but not enough to make a significant differentiation.

If you want photos of the light patterns, then I will see if I can shot a couple against the garage door after dark in the near future. Would that be enough to satisfy you then?

Speaking from my background, I would not recommend the HID Kit for several reasons:

• Uneven Light Patterns and Intesities.
  • EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) issues these units might pose.
  • Xeon Light Tubes have UV (Ultraviolet) emissions that could cause degradation and "Yellowing" of the plastic lens deep inside the material itself.

trey

Well, did this myself earlier this evening to picture the beam pattern that concerns you so, see the image below.

H4LEDBeamPattern.jpg

I projected the headlight on the garage door at approximately 30 feet away. The left image is the "Low Beam", the center image is the "High Beam", the right image is the "Low Beam" with my Vision X LED Driving Lights turned on

The image below is the H4 LED Unit that I used on NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,222
Looks pretty good to me. I'd agree that the cutoff didn't look that good in other pictures I've seen, but that wall shot looks pretty crisp. The beam seem s much more even as well. maybe the slighty larger and more diffuse source smoothes out the artifacts in the reflector.

I might pick one of these up,

Would that be enough to satisfy you then?

Well, did this myself earlier this evening to picture the beam pattern that concerns you so, see the image below.

View attachment 21244

Settle down, I wasn't attacking you, just voicing concerns about dazzling grandma with light sensitivity while she's hurdling towards me in her Buick in the oncoming lane. That matters to me (and the police I'm sure).

Yours does look good, much, much better than the pictures from my link in a CB500, which surprises me. I assumed they'd use very similar type reflectors, but the NC's certainly does a better job with the LED 'bulb'.

Thanks for the pictures, I'll probably replace the halogen with an LED when it quits on me.

trey

Settle down, I wasn't attacking you, just voicing concerns about dazzling grandma with light sensitivity while she's hurdling towards me in her Buick in the oncoming lane. That matters to me (and the police I'm sure).

Thanks for the pictures, I'll probably replace the halogen with an LED when it quits on me.

trey

THANKS!!! :eek:

I am passionate about what I do and what I believe in. That's one of my flaws.

I created a post on the ST-Owners forum regarding the LED Blinker Conversion that I did. It seemed that I must awoke a bunch of grump old trolls, most likely retired Aerospace Engineers. The came at me with at full force with all their crooked teeth thirsty for blood over the subject. The LED Bulbs that I used were marketed by the distributor as 80W Cree, because each bulb has 16 X 5 Watt Cree LEDs. The unit would only draw 1W (Low) and 7W (High). They tore me to shreds. ST1300 LED Blinker Conversion, my post starts at post #36. It was a natural reflex for me to become defensive.

most likely retired Aerospace Engineers...their crooked teeth thirsty for blood...They tore me to shreds.[/QUOTE said:
Wait, so Aerospace Engineers are vampires? Well, that actually explains why I prefer to work nightshift. And why birdstrikes don't bother me.

photo.jpg

Yummy!!

Back