• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Specification differences between Auto and Manual

Sorry for the thread hijack Black Knight.

..........The guy running Blue Ridge in Cruso is an asshat. I'll stay there again when he sells out to someone else. If I am camping I'll stay at Moonshine Creek Campground in Sylva or Willville in Meadows of Dan and we have friends with a cabin 8 miles up 28 from Franklin. Sometimes I stay in Suches, at TWO when it was open and after it closed I met a fellow that has a small bungalow right off of 60 at the 60/19 stone pile.

I agree about Deals Gap. I don't always go over there and if I do it's usually during the week early in the morning. If I have just a weekend I'm usually somewhere else.

The weekend of June 8th there is an RTE to Hawg Wild BBQ in Pisgah Forest. That would be the attraction if I go that weekend.

Last edited:
That's funny. We have a friend whose husband is a pirate. Once she said "We'll have to ride the bike over to see ya'll one day. Then she said "Oh, I forgot, you have a gravel driveway."

For those of us who live in lands with few pirates and very few gravel driveways, would you let us in on the joke? Do Harleys and gravel not play well together?

Same here... couple of HD's but absolutely no gravel driveways... I can only assume what's this about, but rather be assured. ;)

Typical (not all) Harley rider is a fair weather rider who stays on pavement. New owner of TWo actually paved steep drop from road to parking lot, but not parking area. There has been some discussion on TWO's Yahoo blog that if they pave parking area to many Harleys will stop in.

The area has some great twisty mountain roads and is worth a visit. I have camped at TWO numerous times. 3000' elevation is cooler than most of Georgia in summer for camping.

To stay with the topic the steep turn into parking lot with transition to gravel is probably easier with DCT.

Last edited:
If too many pirates start to frequent T.W.O. the outfall is that Highway 60 and 180 leading to T.W.O. will become clogged with slow-moving Harleys and less fun to ride. The last couple of years there has been a lot of "enforcement" in the area as well which, to me, is the only thing less welcome than the pirates. As far as gravel roads, I don't know if it pops their rubber drive belts or if they are just scared of gravel. But they go together like cats and water.

Now back to the spec differences between manuals and DCT's as if we haven't already come to the end of that gravel road.

Ok you guy's, have any of you lot fitted an Adjustable-Dyno Boost Performance Chip to your NC's (supplied by Magnum Tuning USA)?

It's claimed to give a 15%+ increase in performance and can be bought on e..y for around $170.

Does this actually work?

Ok you guy's, have any of you lot fitted an Adjustable-Dyno Boost Performance Chip to your NC's (supplied by Magnum Tuning USA)?

It's claimed to give a 15%+ increase in performance and can be bought on e..y for around $170.

Does this actually work?

Aaaaaaaaahhhh!

(heavy sarcasm)
Hey, I'm smarter than the engineer who designed and implemented my NC700x's motor and fuel system! I can do this!

(heavy sarcasm)
Hey, I'm smarter than the engineer who designed and implemented my NC700x's motor and fuel system! I can do this!

I'm not saying this would work, I just want to know if anyone out there has actually fitted one and if so, what were the results?

You don't have to be smarter than the engineer to increase your engines performance, look what you could do............Racing can, k&n filter, just for starters.

Plenty of NC owners have already done this, and are probably quite happy with the results!

So you would say the same applies with management chips and re-maps then?

tell you what you go and buy this wonder chip/ test it and let us all know if it work or not.
if it does we'll all buy one.
on a car forum one guy on there bought one of these go faster/better economy chip only to find it did the opposite.

Honda designed the NC for economy in mind,low revving engine and torque at lower rev's.
so by adding so called wonder chip is going to bugger some thing whether mpg or what.
re-maping may improve performance like a power commander but it will not work on it own,you'll need to re-jet the injectors etc etc for it to do any good.
so after all money spent on so called imrovement costing nearly a grand ,your not going to get a gixer performance.
if that is what you want then you've bought the wrong bike bud
sure there is room for improvement and I'm sure Honda could improve more but at what cost to you and me.
every thing is down to a price.would you have bought the NC if it cost you nearly £7000 thought not.
so be happy for what it is a good economy,high torque at low rev's and basically cheap do it all bike.

Does this actually work?

You might find this thread started by the tech guy for fuel controller company of interest. Second thread has a little more discussion.
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1772-fuel-controller.html
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2215-fuel-controller-vibration-eliminator-mpg-loss.html

tell you what you go and buy this wonder chip/ test it and let us all know if it work or not.
if it does we'll all buy one.
on a car forum one guy on there bought one of these go faster/better economy chip only to find it did the opposite.

Honda designed the NC for economy in mind,low revving engine and torque at lower rev's.
so by adding so called wonder chip is going to bugger some thing whether mpg or what.
re-maping may improve performance like a power commander but it will not work on it own,you'll need to re-jet the injectors etc etc for it to do any good.
so after all money spent on so called imrovement costing nearly a grand ,your not going to get a gixer performance.
if that is what you want then you've bought the wrong bike bud
sure there is room for improvement and I'm sure Honda could improve more but at what cost to you and me.
every thing is down to a price.would you have bought the NC if it cost you nearly £7000 thought not.
so be happy for what it is a good economy,high torque at low rev's and basically cheap do it all bike.

IT seems to me that you are pretty rattled about this, and ill informed. Let me just say that I could afford a Bimota if I so wished, so please do not assume that you know all about me and my finances pal.

Back