• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Specification differences between Auto and Manual

Fuzzy, it seemed like you were issuing a challenge, but then you put up a picture of a scooter... and not even a real scooter, but one built by a company that can't correctly count to two!!! LOL. ROFLOL.
It is a challenge.:cool: My Kiloboy picture was part of their highlights last week, so I'm ready. It brings me great joy when people make fun of my ride then choke on my dust when they can't keep up with me. Your DL650 would just be one more notch on my exhaust, even with twice the cylinders and horsepower. :)

The MP3 is a fun ride and Italian math made it so. It is high maintenance though and with 65,000 miles its days are probably numbered. My next ride will be an NC700, hopefully soon.

Shame I couldn't make the ride last week, that would have been fun! I would have even shared the beer I won with you! :)

It is a challenge.:cool: My Kiloboy picture was part of their highlights last week, so I'm ready. It brings me great joy when people make fun of my ride then choke on my dust when they can't keep up with me. Your DL650 would just be one more notch on my exhaust, even with twice the cylinders and horsepower. :)

The MP3 is a fun ride and Italian math made it so. It is high maintenance though and with 65,000 miles its days are probably numbered. My next ride will be an NC700, hopefully soon.
I'd take that challenge. The key is being able to ride Deals Gap often enough to learn the road. There are several places you can hit 75 mph but not on the first or tenth pass.

Yes, that is bare aluminum on the underside of the valve cover.

My ST had barely 10,000 miles on it this July morning seven years ago.

Deals Gap ST1300 - YouTube

Yes Lee, I think it was a Reynolds. I bought it off the old Boxerworks site. Normally it was hanging on the garage wall and only used on tour.

Nathan (owner of Boxerworks) is a good bud of mine. Nathan lost the Boxerworks web site address when an ungrateful ex-employee (Matt) stole it from him. Nathan is now at >>> Boxerworks: The Source for Vintage Motorcycle Sales, Service and Parts. If you do any current Airhead work or parts buying, make sure you are not dealing inadvertently with Matt (who has no integrity) thinking it is Nathan.

Oh, and I think that AZ-Ed had the right answer. I have owned both and I think he remembers it correctly as Rack Factory.

Nathan (owner of Boxerworks) is a good bud of mine. Nathan lost the Boxerworks web site address when an ungrateful ex-employee (Matt) stole it from him. Nathan is now at >>> Boxerworks: The Source for Vintage Motorcycle Sales, Service and Parts. If you do any current Airhead work or parts buying, make sure you are not dealing inadvertently with Matt (who has no integrity) thinking it is Nathan.

Oh, and I think that AZ-Ed had the right answer. I have owned both and I think he remembers it correctly as Rack Factory.
Nathan did the heads on that bike and helped me often when it was apart for this or that. I was at the old shop in Watkinsville many times.

Nathan did the heads on that bike and helped me often when it was apart for this or that. I was at the old shop in Watkinsville many times.

He is still doing it. He sold his interest in NPR Ducati and is back to wrenching on old bikes and appears to be as happy as a duck.

dduelin nice pics. I think I would enjoy riding with you no matter what either of us was riding. If it costs me a case it would probably be money well spent.

The feeling is likewise. There are no bad road roads anywhere a motorcycle is involved. Those are really fun though.

I'd take that challenge. The key is being able to ride Deals Gap often enough to learn the road. There are several places you can hit 75 mph but not on the first or tenth pass.

I might know that road. ;) You coming back up this way anytime soon? I have been riding the Versys more than the VFR this year and I thought you would like to try a V if you haven't already. You could try the Tiger 800 as well.

I might know that road. ;) You coming back up this way anytime soon? I have been riding the Versys more than the VFR this year and I thought you would like to try a V if you haven't already. You could try the Tiger 800 as well.
I'd say you know it quite well. I might be up there the first weekend in June. Other than that no other plans this year. I traded the usual three trips between May and October to the Smokies for one long trip in July to South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana.

I might be up there the first weekend in June. Other than that no other plans this year.

Where do you stay when you go up there? My first outing since "the surgeries" may well be about the same time. I usually avoid the Gap in favor of safer, better roads, but one obligatory trip past Killboy might be in order. I'll most likely base camp out of the Blue Ridge Cycle Campground in Cruso. Haven't decided or sure yet whether the first week or the second.

Where do you stay when you go up there? My first outing since "the surgeries" may well be about the same time. I usually avoid the Gap in favor of safer, better roads, but one obligatory trip past Killboy might be in order. I'll most likely base camp out of the Blue Ridge Cycle Campground in Cruso. Haven't decided or sure yet whether the first week or the second.
TWO is about to reopen under new ownership.
941532_166402940188873_1634479249_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/TwoWheelsofSuches?fref=ts

TWO is about to reopen under new ownership.

That's good to hear, but a long way from The Dragon. I hope the new owners are as good at making cheeseburgers as the old owners were. TWO is close enough to me that I can ride there for lunch and a quick run of Hwy 180 and back. Hopefully it won't become a Harley hangout like everything else has become. Takes me about two seconds to get enough of pirates.​

That's good to hear, but a long way from The Dragon. I hope the new owners are as good at making cheeseburgers as the old owners were. TWO is close enough to me that I can ride there for lunch and a quick run of Hwy 180 and back. Hopefully it won't become a Harley hangout like everything else has become. Takes me about two seconds to get enough of pirates.

It still has a gravel. Parking lot. ;)

Back