• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

someone demo the ctx700 and report back :)

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, they got to hit the dealers soon and when they do someone go do a demo ride and report back to the motthership how it compares to our nc700x bikes.

I understand what honda is trying to hit in the market place with that model just not certain it can do it as nicely as our nc700x already does. course the 'normal' gas tank and lower seat some would prefer I figure. still, save for that...and the fairing model, not sure how much more that new model offers. well guess one could say it looks like a 'normal' motorcycle and ours a dirt ready model even though ours is not.

still those forward pegs just did not feel right when I sat on one at daytona. on my 93 electric glide with floor boards yes, and they are at just the right location and pitch.

I am 6'0" tall 180-Lbs

I am going to test ride one when they appear at the dealer.

I am not sure yet, but, One of my Goldwings may go on the action block.

A Red fully faired model, saddle bags, maybe a trunk, not sure yet, or the Pearl White paint will also be nice.

A dealer in Athens, TN, USA told me just yesterday that Honda has told them that a CTX700ND in black will be shipped to them May 28. They've had it ordered ever since Honda let them pre-order them, so I assume its among the first to be shipped out. This same dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that the dealer website was giving them no information at that point about when the CTX700 (fairing model) would be available. I don't know if that has changed, but it looks like that the "Ns" will be available before the non "Ns". I'm going to go check this bike out when it arrives if it don't get gone first.

I've also read that the dual-clutch/ABS combination will be available only in black (like the Ford Model T) in the N model and only in red in the non N model, and that the white non N model will not be available right away; only red at first; either D or non D.

Last edited:
Saw a red one, naked CTX700, today at Shenandoah Honda in Winchester, VA. They had just finished setting it up. If I was in the market for a crusier one of the CTX bikes would be at the top of my list. I'm 6'2 34" inseam and sitting on it flat footed my knees were 45 degree bend. If you can reach the foot pegs you can reach the ground.

Took a test ride on an NC700X. It was a great ride and confirms for me it is the bike I want. Just waiting for one with ABS to show up. VERY windy in this part of VA today and I was blown around much less than I would have expected. Bike handles great and more than enough power and acceleration for me. Only 10 miles so not long enough for the seat to cause pain. The narrow diameter grips made my hands hurt though and the windscreen is worthless. Had to hang on above 50 mph with the wind trying to push me off the back of the bike. I'll be putting a deposit down for an NC700XD in the morning. Should have it sometime in June.

Saw a red one, naked CTX700, today at Shenandoah Honda in Winchester, VA. They had just finished setting it up. If I was in the market for a crusier one of the CTX bikes would be at the top of my list. I'm 6'2 34" inseam and sitting on it flat footed my knees were 45 degree bend. If you can reach the foot pegs you can reach the ground.

Took a test ride on an NC700X. It was a great ride and confirms for me it is the bike I want. Just waiting for one with ABS to show up. VERY windy in this part of VA today and I was blown around much less than I would have expected. Bike handles great and more than enough power and acceleration for me. Only 10 miles so not long enough for the seat to cause pain. The narrow diameter grips made my hands hurt though and the windscreen is worthless. Had to hang on above 50 mph with the wind trying to push me off the back of the bike. I'll be putting a deposit down for an NC700XD in the morning. Should have it sometime in June.

The oem windscreen is worthless.. The upright seating position (one major reason i bought the bike) definitely hurts in terms of wind resistance. It may be better to remove the windshield and leave it off altogether. I now have the Madstad and can say it has made a big difference. I took advice from here and fitted the Grip Puppies, and so far really prefer the thicker grip and cushioning. I'm now experimenting with a Crampbuster.

Last edited:

hey, that's where I bought my bike.

My dealer has a black one on the floor. It hasn't been serviced and I doubt that it will be until someone buys it, so i don't see a demo or test ride happening in the near future. Just sitting on it, I was surprised at how light it felt. I've always thought the NC felt a lot lighter than it really is, but IMHO the CTX Feels like a 250. Seat is really comfortable, but If I were to spend a lot of time on one I think I'd be looking for a rider backrest pretty soon. The CTX can also give us some new terms to consider. After looking at the tiny storage area in front of the fuel filler I doubt it will take the NC crowd long to start calling it a not-a-frunk. :)

At any rate, it made a more positive impression on me than I thought it would. I do think if I were shopping I'd wait for the CTX700 (with fairing) instead of the 700N. Having said that, my personal preference is still the NC.

Bob

I had the pleasure of checking this one out 5/24/13 in Woodbridge, Va.

This one has the standard transmission, however I definitely want the DCT/ABS model; I was just checking out the overall fit and comfort.

Attachments

• DSCN0011.jpg
    DSCN0011.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,278
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 503
  • DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 790
  • DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,602
  • DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 421
They actually managed to make it uglier than the NC-X. That must have taken some doing....

+1 The horizontal chrome exhaust looks worse than the chrome exhaust on the NC from the factory. My stock exhaust made it from the dealer to my house before being replaced.

Aren't some other people riding harder and only getting 60mpg as well? I wouldn't want to depend on best case. Yes, it's far better mpg than the HD guys and GW guys but still, would it have been that tough to give a 4 gallon tank so worst case ever you'd have 200 miles with 30-40 reserve and usually 230-250 with 30-40 reserve?

Back