• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What speed is slow way down?
State highway speed around 55mph or slow back road 40mph speed?
83.6mpg is fantastic. Well done.
You didn't draft the back of a semi or have a 30mph tailwind, did ya? ;)

I think 55 mph was my top speed on the 75 mile ride. Speed was mostly 45-50 mph. There was too many stop signs that didn't help my mileage though.
About 20 miles was gravel roads and the rest was two lane.

Installed the sub-harness, wired in dual USB socket and a 12v socket to the handle bars, and a batter tender lead. Moved the tall Honda screen to the top position to see how I like that. Roughed up the Rox risers to see if that will keep them from slipping. Surprisingly I didn’t have left over fasteners.

Installed SW Motech side carriers and fitted my 40 liter ammo cans.....that's right, ammo cans! They will get painted satin black tomorrow. Yes, pics will follow. I feel like a KLR owner again :)
Mike

I am slowly but surely repairing the damage I did in the first couple of days of owning my NCX and I've mostly healed. My knee doesn't hurt and the road rash on it is just a bright pink disk. My foot only hurts a little and my shoulder only twinges a little when I move it a certain way. On the bike, I've replaced the busted up bottom plastics with HONDABIKEPRO's skid plate, replaced the front fender that was all scraped up, replaced the broken foot pegs and bar weights, straightened the twisted shift pedal, added covers to the side cowls to cover the road rash, smoothed road rash and painted areas of the side cowls I couldn't cover and polished the silver covers and cowls that could have the scratches polished out. Tomorrow, since the forecast is rain and more rain, I'll replace the busted up silver side cover and might finally get around to installing the rear trunk and center stand. Maybe next weekend, I'll fix the scrapes on the frame and install the heated grips and 12v socket. For all of that, I love this bike, maybe more because of it. It definitely mine now.

Gave my NC a room mate,I just finished building this bike for my wife yesterday,it took 6 months but she loves it and it should get her to Deadhores and back.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365349771.970376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365349798.199480.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365349815.459141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, center stand installed. I didn't get the top box installed like I wanted but progress is progress. The next big tool buy I make might be a bike lift though....

IMAG0388.jpg

...The next big tool buy I make might be a bike lift though....

Harbor Freight has theirs on sale. I think there is also a coupon in Motorcyclist magazine that brings it down to $59.95. Add in the 20% off coupon and it's a real deal.

image_14601.jpg

Motorcycle Jack / ATV Lift - 1500 Lb. Capacity

Harbor Freight has theirs on sale. I think there is also a coupon in Motorcyclist magazine that brings it down to $59.95. Add in the 20% off coupon and it's a real deal.

I was thinking more like this one, also from Harbor freight, so I can get the bike up to hip height to work on it. I hate crawling around on the floor. Its not an immediate priority however.

image_21230.jpg

Fitted the Fenda Extenda

Bypassed the self tappers, went straight to S/S rivets..

image.jpg

Fitted my Ram Mount Universal X-Grip to the bars (no power there as yet though),

image.jpg

And found a new home for my 'Stanley 14 in 1 toolkit'.. Fits great tucked into the tail section in a rugged zip lock bag along with a metric Allen key set.

image.jpg

Indeed, easy to get at, snug enough not to rattle around (although there is room in the ziplock for another small tool or two), and it doesn't take up valuable space in the NAT (Not-A-Trunk).

Indeed, easy to get at, snug enough not to rattle around (although there is room in the ziplock for another small tool or two), and it doesn't take up valuable space in the NAT (Not-A-Trunk).

I'm a positive pack rat when it comes to stuffing in bits 'n bobs everywhere I can on a bike lol.

In that spot, I've got a large cargo net and another package of flat repair CO2 cartidges. I put the rest of the flat repair kit and more CO2 cartidges in the little hidden manual compartment, under the trunk floor.

I was thinking more like this one, also from Harbor freight, so I can get the bike up to hip height to work on it. I hate crawling around on the floor. Its not an immediate priority however.

I had one of those. I found it took up too much space for the amount I used it.

I second the frunk, but we all know what we are talking about... I think?

I adjusted my chain, wasn't too bad I guess for it's first 3k miles.

I began the construction of a small dashboard, 3.5 inches by 7.5 to mount the GPS and all the goodies I'm thinking about. It mounts on the 4 bolts holding the handle bars on and can be easily removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back