• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to post this change.

Rubber tyre valves removed and aluminum valves take their place.

1zo9ifc.jpg

Safety first!

Last edited:
Santa brought some toys, so I installed the ones that weren't too time consuming...

First up, Triumph fork protectors:

2012-12-25_14-49-37_789 by treybrad, on Flickr

2012-12-25_14-49-18_48 by treybrad, on Flickr

Easy fit, look good. Hopefully they'll do the job and save me any dings in the fork tubes.

Next up, Cal Sci Medium screen:

2012-12-25_14-50-31_161 by treybrad, on Flickr

2012-12-25_15-32-40_476 by treybrad, on Flickr

Like others have said... I'm a little underwhelmed by the final finish of it given the price tag. Sharp edges with pretty rough cuts on the angles, and the overall curve wasn't exactly right, though it did seem to form into shape when bolted in. Tough to say how the protection is yet -- we had 30 mph winds today when I went for a test ride, but I think it'll be a big improvement.

Also recently installed was the centerstand my wife ordered for my birthday mid-November. It finally came in, so I installed it last week. So nice to finally have it on. No pics, you'll just have to trust me :)

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone ;)

trey

Finally got my centerstand and rear rack installed from the dealer. Only took 2 months, but I like the look and easier maintenance to be done. Still haven't had a tank under 70mpg. Sylvia rolls well but still looking at windscreen options for the future.

It's 2 degrees below zero here and plenty of ice on the streets. Sadly, I hooked up a new battery tender and left her in the garage. Tomorrow I need to get some StaBil. It's back to my gas guzzler for a while. I'd really try to deal with the air temperature on the bike if I wasn't afraid of falling.

I did my 6000km service today (oil and (2) filters), i also did my programmed oil chain lubrication ( every 1000km ).

Rode my bike to work today. 88 miles in the 30's. Love my heated gear. only saw one other bike and it was a nicely accessorized 650 vstrom.

6000 km service??? The owner's manual say the services interval is 12,000 km

It's also says:

NOTES:
2. Service more frequently when riding in unusually wet or dusty areas.
3. Service more frequently when riding in rain or at full throttle.

I went for a ride today. Pretty chilly here, started out was 37 F. High was about 58 F. Glendale to Apache Junction to Globe to Winkelman to Superior and back to Glendale. 280 miles. Once you are past Apache Junction and get into the Superstion Mountains you get lots of scenery, curves and a couple of 10% grades. Pretty fun! I think the highest elevation was 6200 feet going thru the Tonto National Forest.

I did not get to go looking for the "Lost Dutchman" today, not enough time. ed

Should really have posted this yesterday. I awoke my NC from it's Christmas slumber and rode it for the 1st time in almost a week. it was great to get back on the road even if it was only the daily commute in the dark and rain. I really get withdrawl symptoms if I don't ride for a few days. This is why apart from the odd long weekend in winter or our breaks and holidays are on the bikes

Rode it to work for the first time in a few weeks. Felt great to be back on the saddle again! Then wired up the heat troller for my new warm 'n' safe heated jacket liner. Gonna need it for the ride home, will be in the low to mid 30'sF. Looking forward to having some heat!

Put in about 325 miles yesterday meeting some friends for lunch. Heated gear is the best thing ever ;)

Also treated myself to a new lid:

8330469220_97e3fc1545_z.jpg

It's a Shoei Qwest in the most obnoxious color available. My old RF-1000 was pushing 6 years old and was starting to show it's age. I had some gift cards to Cycle Gear burning a hole in my pocket that helped offset the sticker shock... next up will be trying to install the Sena SMH10 I ordered into it.

trey

Rode my bike to work today. 88 miles in the 30's. Love my heated gear. only saw one other bike and it was a nicely accessorized 650 vstrom.

thats our summer...'T' shirt time and girls skimpy top's.
well you folks certainly aren't made of the tuff stuff!!
Smug%20Git.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back