• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the light bar so I can add some driving lights, the high beam is fine but the low beam almost left me with a close encounter of the black calf kind.

Have you checked the aim on your lights? Mine were pretty low from the factory on my last couple of bikes, NC included. Now that they're adjusted properly, I think they're pretty good. They're certainly better than my Bandit's.

trey

I bought a pair of the Klim Inversion gloves. They are windproof and I'm impressed so far. Price was good and performance is awesome.

Inversion Glove

Yesterday morning, I rode into the country side of town for breakfast with a Yamaha and Triumph buddy. It was sub 50-deg C kinda morning and at 60-70mph (on the interstate), I was close to pushing my limit on the finger chill factor. Never before did "left turn in 26 miles" seem so far as it did that morning! Regardless, it was a fine dining facility, and the bikers welcome was evident by upfront (near the entrance) boxes marked "BIKE PARKING". Once inside, we enjoyed a breakfast of champions! A couple of hours later, all warmed-up and defrosted, we saddled-up and headed back home.

In conversing with another biker buddy later in the day, it was suggested I consider a pair of 3mm diving gloves. I rode my horse on over to the Dive Center and purchased a air of these Divers Comfo grips. I am able to wear these inside my biking gloves with the knuckle guards, and the diving gloves hold their form so well on the inside, it feels like I'm only wearing one pair of gloves! Looking forward to testing them tomorrow evening (since I have to be home early today and won't get to experience the lower temps)...

Broke my heated grips. :( And they were soooo nice.

The dealer installed my left grip rotated in slightly the wrong position. The power cord was in the way of my index finger. I thought that would be an easy enough fix - a flathead screwdriver and some delicate prying of the glue and I'd be able to reposition it. But either my prying wasn't as delicate as I thought or the heating elements are more delicate than I thought. Whichever one it was, my hands were cold (and wet) on my ride in to work today.

Broke my heated grips. :( And they were soooo nice.

The dealer installed my left grip rotated in slightly the wrong position. The power cord was in the way of my index finger. I thought that would be an easy enough fix - a flathead screwdriver and some delicate prying of the glue and I'd be able to reposition it. But either my prying wasn't as delicate as I thought or the heating elements are more delicate than I thought. Whichever one it was, my hands were cold (and wet) on my ride in to work today.

Well, hell! That just sucks. Sorry for ya buddy :(

Ouch! They are fragile. I ended up with mine rotated a bit too far the other direction, but I decided to let it be. Now I am sure I will let it be.

Finally ordered a Shop Manual from Helm. :)

They are now showing on their website, so ordering was simple and easy. yaaay!

It would have been a pain to try and order one over the phone for me, as I have no home phone, only a work cell phone. Personal long distance calls aren't looked upon favourably, and who knows nowadays with bizarre extra fees and costs tacked on in every possible circumstance between US and Canada. Eating up limited cell minutes (200/month plan) and different country long distance charges= frowns and unwanted attention from nosey higher ups, yuck. Didn't want the stupid manual to end up costing me even more than just money!

I got a free bike wash!!

I got a free bike wash!! The 10% precip that was forecasted for the entire day finally came true last night. After my group meeting, I stepped outside and discovered it was still raining. I went back inside, donned my ski-pants, mounted the bike without worry of a wet tush, and rode 30 miles home. While on the interstate, I found that when I turn my head slightly to the side, the raindrops just slide off as if I used the finger squeegee!

End result once home: the gloves, jacket and ski-pants did their job, I was dry, and could still feel my fingers :). I gave the bike a wipe-down, and it looks like new. wgwgoldwing would be proud of the sheen :)

Last edited:
First ride in to work. Nothing special, but a first. The heated grips sure are nice! :)

This bike is so _very_ different to ride than the CBR. I really quite like it, but I think it'll take just a bit to really acclimate well. When I pulled away from the dealership, as soon as I started to move, I started leaning forward to assume the same posture I'd have had on a sportbike. It was kinda comical. I also find myself wanting to 'kiss the mirror' when going around corners at speed. Not that I need(ed) to, but it was a body posture/weight shifting habit. That feels awkward and out of place on Wiley. :)

I just looked at her... cause it will be too freaking cold for the next 4-5 months to ride it... At least I have plenty of time for a complete teardown :)

First ride in to work. Nothing special, but a first. The heated grips sure are nice! :)

This bike is so _very_ different to ride than the CBR. I really quite like it, but I think it'll take just a bit to really acclimate well. When I pulled away from the dealership, as soon as I started to move, I started leaning forward to assume the same posture I'd have had on a sportbike. It was kinda comical. I also find myself wanting to 'kiss the mirror' when going around corners at speed. Not that I need(ed) to, but it was a body posture/weight shifting habit. That feels awkward and out of place on Wiley. :)

I was the same way for about a month.

I'll be riding to work again. It's been in the low 30's at midnight for the ride home, but a pair of long john tops and bottoms, wool socks, First Gear Thermo suit, balaclava, neoprene glove liners, gloves (need new gloves I'm finding) and the perseverance of the sideways glances from my co-workers, keeps me taking the bike instead of the car.

Hit 700 miles so did an oil change.
Short story: the original oil filter was almost impossible to remove
Long story: Before leaving work a friend called to go riding for about 2 hours on Blueridge Parkway. Meet him and talked about going for a long ride Saturday. I then figured out I should change my oil before tomorrow since I am already past the 600 miles first oil change. Went to Walmart and got a 5 gallon container of oil and two different oil filters, long one and short one. All that plus a few other things barely fit in the not a tank storage. The filter model was in another post somebody did on this site. Got home around 4:30 and started removing the bottom plastic thingy. Got the oil plug out with little problems, oil hit the exhaust. Next, the oil filter which is where things started going bad. Since I change the oil in my cars, I had all the stuff I thought I needed but my oil wrench was way too big to grab the filter and could not move it with my hands. I had one of those rubber strap wrench thingy that I got at sears long time ago and that would not move it. So I need to go to the store to get a small filter wrench. Problem is my wife had one car at work and my daughter had the other car at work. This left me with no car and a motorcycle with no oil in it. Called wife and asked to come home ASAP. She arrived almost an hour later. Ran to auto parts store to get wrench. Hit every red light on way there, less on way back. Now it was almost dark with no lights on driveway so I figure just use the car headlights. Took about 10 mins to get oil filter off. It was incredible tight and yes I always turned it counter clockwise during all my tries. The whole bike was moving and the kickstand even slid a little. I almost gave up out it finally moved. Decided to use long filter. Filled it up with oil and read manual stating to check it standing up with dipstick just seated but not screwed in. Kept adding oil slightly past what was required according to manual but nothing showing. Did not want to over fill it and it was dark so I figure I just could not see it correctly. Gave up on that, put plastic back on after running engine a minute. The plastic was a pain to get on plus burnt hand on exhaust. Got all tools away. Moved bike to porch. Then tried to start the car and the battery was dead. Found out no jumper cables. They were in the van my daughter had which use to be my van. Called several friends and finally found one that was home and had cables. Got car jumped off and found negative post corroded, fix that another day. Two hours later I just thought since the oil filter is longer, it would use more oil. Well I will check it before I leave Saturday in the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back