• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you modified or seen a need to modify the side and center stands as a result of lowering the bike? How about the front end; has it been lowered, too? I'm just wondering what all would be involved with this change.

I always wondered if the S model had a different side stand and maybe it would work with a lowered X.

Greg

Ha! Webike Japan sent me the wrong center stand. The model S. didn't notice until people pointed it out. Stand works great with the lowering links. I need to shorten the side stand now, the bike does not lean enough on it for a stabil parking. Might just order the S version side stand.

As for lowering the front. Nope, I like how it changed the angle of the seat. Much more comfy, not being shoved forward. This did change the geometry of the bike a bit. I noticed you have to press on the bars more to get the bike to lean hard.

Ha! Webike Japan sent me the wrong center stand. The model S. didn't notice until people pointed it out. Stand works great with the lowering links. I need to shorten the side stand now, the bike does not lean enough on it for a stabil parking. Might just order the S version side stand.

As for lowering the front. Nope, I like how it changed the angle of the seat. Much more comfy, not being shoved forward. This did change the geometry of the bike a bit. I noticed you have to press on the bars more to get the bike to lean hard.

For future reference, should anyone want the "S" center stand, could you post the part number? Thanks.

Greg

Sorry to revive the argument, but I don't want anyone to mistake my genuine confusion with outrage. Honestly, I just don't understand the connection between what Cutter and I did (rode bikes and ate dinner) with being Bavarian, drinking beer, or mouth-kissing. If it was some kind of implication about being gay that may be more Bob's problem than anyone else's, and getting offended at the suggestion is kind of insulting to gay people; that kind of reaction seems to me to be a holdover from a time when people thought homosexuals were necessarily effeminate, wispy, or child molesters or whatever.

Anyway, I can't speak for Cutter, but there's no need to get offended on my behalf. In real life, it doesn't pay to get into arguments about a lot of things, and on the internet it doesn't pay to argue about anything ever. Jokes made with the most harmless intentions can seem horrible or offensive because little things like subtext, sarcasm, delivery, and tone don't really translate from the person to the screen very well, or at all. And you don't have the context of the whole of the person's behavior to judge whether a joke about being gay, for example, is made in good fun (I had a gay friend in school that made more gay jokes than anyone else I've known since), or poor taste.

Last edited:
Installed the MRA Vario screen. Installation was pretty easy for me and it would be super easy for most folks. I'm not wild about the smoke color and not sure why I didn't wait to find a clear one. The color really doesn't matter b/c the screen is barely higher than the stock screen and I'm not looking thru it. But it's a big psychological negative that I can't see thru it very well and at night it might as well be painted black. Actually, I wanted to return it, but Twisted Throttle won't take it back once it's out of the package. And that's not at all clear if you read their return policy ahead of time like I did. The guy I talked to at TT said there would be a note on the package saying you can't return if opened, but there was no such notice that I can find.

But besides that, I think I might like it. It looks good on the bike, fits well and doesn't interfere with anything. I just rode around town with it, nothing fast. Haven't had a chance to experiment with the variable spoiler, but it seems pretty good. Thinner gauge plastic than the original screen. I think it's an improvement over the stock one, but not sure it was worth the price paid. We'll see...

Very bad weather today here, so I invested my free time doing some DIY wiring as pre work to fit FIAMM dual horns and a pair of power sockets

40 degrees outside, kinda windy... went for about a 30 minute ride. realized that my balaclava and sunglasses don't work together so well. might have to put the tinted shield on next time. i stayed pretty warm other than my hands. wore a t-shirt, regular hoody, with an icon hooligan 2 with the liner in, icon insulated denim pants, and joe rocket nitrogen leather gloves. i don't like these gloves. at all... don't buy em.

yesterday i mounted a little keychain type garage door opener on my bike. works pretty good. not nearly as expensive as the 80-100 dollar alternatives.

garage door remote.jpg

Who are "people", and what made them notice and not you? I would imagine the stand works better with lowering links, that's pretty good luck that Webike sent the S by mistake! :D

I finally got around to putting my Honda heated grips on yesterday, they work awesome!

Thank god for heat guns, is all I have to say. I never in a million years would have been able to remove the bar end weight screws, without nuking them with heat. (I wrapped some tinfoil into a cone shape and safety wired it onto the tip of the gun, for a small, focused, pencil sized aperture. I didn't want to liquify the paint on the bar ends or melt the existing rubber grips!)

I balls'd up the re-install though. For the life of me, I could not manage to get the upper front/left side cowl to click all the tabs into all of the slots. Damn, did I expend a lot of cursing and remove, install, remove, install, remove, install...

Two of the tabs I cannot get to click in to the slots right next to the headlight section. Now there is a gap along the headlight on the left side. :mad: I already broke a small piece of plastic from one of them, and gave up at that point, not wanting to make it worse. I looked online, and those front side panels are over $300.00 bucks! oof.

Guess I'll have to wait until spring to take it apart again and see if I can do it correctly. Trying to do this work outside in the rain and dark @ near freezing makes for not a very fun time. Plastic gets so brittle in the cold! :(

Wow, LBS, that sounds frustrating. I'd rather remodel my basement than get involved with that. Oh well, you're gonna love those grips and you can pat yourself on the back with warm hands now.

Do the heated grips come with a electronic adjustable controller or is it just a on/off or maybe even a low/med/high switch?
Thanks, Tony

They are low/med/high which I think has been entirely adequate. Finer control does not seem necessary to me.

Diving In...

Yesterday morning, I rode into the country side of town for breakfast with a Yamaha and Triumph buddy. It was sub 50-deg C kinda morning and at 60-70mph (on the interstate), I was close to pushing my limit on the finger chill factor. Never before did "left turn in 26 miles" seem so far as it did that morning! Regardless, it was a fine dining facility, and the bikers welcome was evident by upfront (near the entrance) boxes marked "BIKE PARKING". Once inside, we enjoyed a breakfast of champions! A couple of hours later, all warmed-up and defrosted, we saddled-up and headed back home.

In conversing with another biker buddy later in the day, it was suggested I consider a pair of 3mm diving gloves. I rode my horse on over to the Dive Center and purchased a air of these Divers Comfo grips. I am able to wear these inside my biking gloves with the knuckle guards, and the diving gloves hold their form so well on the inside, it feels like I'm only wearing one pair of gloves! Looking forward to testing them tomorrow evening (since I have to be home early today and won't get to experience the lower temps)...

Last edited:
I ordered the light bar so I can add some driving lights, the high beam is fine but the low beam almost left me with a close encounter of the black calf kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back