• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 10,000 miles on my rear PR4 and I swear the lower the tread gets on the center strip the slower it wears. I thought I would be done by now and I'm still not at the wear bar. You may have more miles left than you think.

I bet you're right. I got over 10k on the PR3 on the NC, I'd expect the same or better out of the PR4.

one thing I would never gamble on is tyres or brake pads.
tyres are the only thing that grip the road.if it rains you might as well have slicks.
not worth it mate stick new tyres and be safe.

It's not an old old tire, less than a year old tops. I mounted it when new a while back and put 7500 miles on it. I only took it off because I had a 4000 mile trip planned and wasn't sure if it would make it. There's still plenty of life left in it, no harm in remounting and running what's left of it.

trey

It's not an old old tire, less than a year old tops. I mounted it when new a while back and put 7500 miles on it. I only took it off because I had a 4000 mile trip planned and wasn't sure if it would make it. There's still plenty of life left in it, no harm in remounting and running what's left of it.

trey

Sounds like a good strategy. I would do the same.

Installed fog lights

IMG_2501_zpsaa96a0a2.jpg

Changed the oil and filter, gave her a bath, cleaned and lubed the chain, followed by a soft towel and some polish, and of course a ride around town to get the juices flowing. I think she really needed the love, that ride around town felt smooooooth. I've never cared for the NC700x 's looks but working on your ride will really develop a bond with your machine. I think Iv'e developed an eye for this bikes style. Looks pretty good from here.
IMG_1700.jpg

I wanted to be able to use the fog lights independently of high/low beams, so I installed a TrailTech handlebar switch.

IMG_2512_zps97d176b3.jpg

Also, finally got around to ordering a center stand. Installed it as well.

IMG_2513_zpse5b43a6b.jpg

Removed the original Bridgestone BT-23 at 12680 miles and installed a Michelin PR-4. I also adjusted and oiled the chain while I was there. I had a old horn off of a early 70's GMC truck floating around the shop that I installed in the place of the original horn. I'm going to try it and see how it works. If I like it I'll buy a new one and see if I can tuck it in a little better.

Removed the original Bridgestone BT-23 at 12680 miles and installed a Michelin PR-4. I also adjusted and oiled the chain while I was there. I had a old horn off of a early 70's GMC truck floating around the shop that I installed in the place of the original horn. I'm going to try it and see how it works. If I like it I'll buy a new one and see if I can tuck it in a little better.
It is my understanding that the NC does not use a horn relay. I don't have a service manual so I could be wrong in what I am about to say. It is possible your old horn could put too much load on the horn switch causing it to fail. Will someone with a service manual please verify the load rating of the horn switch?

Went to the SoCal Norton Owners Club Hansen Dam Ride. Met a fellow NC700X owner and a forum member while I was there, TechFrog. Nice guy, too bad he did not ride his NC to the rally.

The weather was "Great", it started off a little "Chilly" and it warmed up enough to go on the ride after 10 am.

A sea of motorcycles as far as the eye could see.

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

My group and I did the 76 mile loop designated for this rally ride, see image the below of the ride route.

HansenDamRideLoop.JPG

A buddy of mine let me ride around his Honda GROM in the parking lot. The image below is not of me, NaNCy can be seen in the background of that image...

IMG_3788.jpg

We can across a motorcyclist that wrecked on the way back. His bike was nearly "Totaled". He was standing on is own two feet on the side of the road. We stopped to check if he was alright and if someone already called for help for him. He had signs of blood on this pants, one of the his knees was all torn up and covered in blood. I offered him some water to flush the wound. A few moments later, emergency service vehicles arrived. The officer immediately came over to us all. We pointed on the injured rider and explained that we stopped to check on him. The Officer told us this was the 5th accident they responded to that day. We then left the rider with the emergency personnel.

We made it back to the start point, just in time to see the organizers breaking down there setups. It was a great day to be on a motorcycle ride. :eek:

It was a bummer though to see someone have a "BAD DAY" while out on a ride. :(

IMG_3791.jpg

It is my understanding that the NC does not use a horn relay. I don't have a service manual so I could be wrong in what I am about to say. It is possible your old horn could put too much load on the horn switch causing it to fail. Will someone with a service manual please verify the load rating of the horn switch?

No, it does not.

Be careful not to overload the wiring and the button contacts. Someone did that on my ST1300 before I bought it. I had to replace the entire left switch pod assembly. I installed a horn relay harness on "NaNCy" when I installed the PIAA Sport Horn to prevent that from happening.

Ordered highway pegs last weekend. Finally had a chance to install them today. I wanted black hardware and pegs, but I could not find black clamps in frame size of 1.35". So I ordered some chrome clamps and applied Plasti-Dip before installing.

Also mounted a new rear tire -- Avon Storm 3D X-M. OEM rear tire (Dunlop TrailTurd) lasted 1,900 miles. :mad:

IMG_2565_zps33a6420f.jpg

IMG_2564_zps318d909a.jpg

IMG_2576_zps3e352729.jpg

IMG_2578_zps18469049.jpg

I cleaned the bike thoroughly for winter hibernation and installed a front fenda extanda and a rear hugger - both by Pyramid.

Now the NC sits in the garage corner covered with old bed sheets :) waiting for the spring.

/T

Attachments

• cleaning.jpg
    cleaning.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 530
  • fenda extenda.jpg
    fenda extenda.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 529
  • hugger.jpg
    hugger.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 486
Swapped out the battery this morning, then a quick 30 miles thru Saguaro Nat Park. First time I've had to turn a maint wrench since purchase last Spring.

Nice day of riding it in some north Alabama twisties.
Scrubbed new rear tire almost to the edge.
Got home and removed front wheel and forks.
Prepping for fork surgery (Cogent implant) this week. :)

3a652cad4487d064a4aa55e0982d99d8.jpg

Took off the rear Pirelli Scorpion Rally and spooned a Kenda Big Block. The Kenda is stiff! Took a break from trying to get it on and decided to try the zip tie method. That did the trick. Amazing how well it works.

Ordered highway pegs last weekend. Finally had a chance to install them today. I wanted black hardware and pegs, but I could not find black clamps in frame size of 1.35". So I ordered some chrome clamps and applied Plasti-Dip before installing.

Also mounted a new rear tire -- Avon Storm 3D X-M. OEM rear tire (Dunlop TrailTurd) lasted 1,900 miles. :mad:

IMG_2565_zps33a6420f.jpg

IMG_2564_zps318d909a.jpg

IMG_2576_zps3e352729.jpg

IMG_2578_zps18469049.jpg
What kind are these?I like how long they are,may keep feet from sliding off without a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back