• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For larger decals, wet installation is the only way to go.

Greg

At Caterpillar we refer to that as "Floating". And it is the only way to do it. I have only known two people over the years that could even attempt to do a large Film (Decal) without water. Small decals are much simpler but using water helps you fine tune the postion.

Added a Givi rack and made some saddlebag supports for my motocentric touring bags. Also wired up my heat-troller and brake light for my top case.
vanavebe.jpg

ze3eqy7y.jpg

Gave her a good looooong bath yesterday... didn't expect she can be THAT dirty! :cool:

Bigger job coming soon... :rolleyes:

If you have some time and are willing to take the saddlebags off (BTW, what model/# are they? They look good!), would you post some pictures of the support(s)? TIA.

I posted pics in the homemade saddle bag bracket thread. The bags are Motocentric Touring model. They are around $160 on ebay. They include rain covers, neoprene pads for the contact areas and have an expandable top that will carry 26 liters per side. Best soft bags I have personally seen.

I tried to plug a nail hole in my front tire. I used the Stop and Go kit with the mushroom type of plug. Followed the instructions but it still leaks. I think the nail went into the tire at an angle and the plug can only go in at a fairly straight angle to the tire itself. So it leaks a tad at one corner of the plug. I'm screwed riding this week end I guess. I'll check reviews on here and decide what tires to replace the originals with.

I tried to plug a nail hole in my front tire. I used the Stop and Go kit with the mushroom type of plug. Followed the instructions but it still leaks. I think the nail went into the tire at an angle and the plug can only go in at a fairly straight angle to the tire itself. So it leaks a tad at one corner of the plug. I'm screwed riding this week end I guess. I'll check reviews on here and decide what tires to replace the originals with.

Sorry to hear about that. Here is a recent thread on tire choice. I have the BT-023. No issues but based off lots of positive comments I may be going to the PR3's.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/3889-brand-tire.html

added givi side case rack and give e21 side case.
EASY to install.
E21 are small and thin profile. Good for splitting lanes in california.

Ken

Thanks to all for the tire selection ideas. Much appreciated. I'll research the brands and models and most likely order them tomorrow through the local Honda dealer where I purchased my NC700X. They try hard to give me a break on most anything I purchase in the way of options and supplies. Max
Pr3 or storm ultra.seem to be the choice of most.check out the tire thread.

sent from my nc700x

I rode from Columbia, SC to the Blue ridge motorcycle campground near canton, nc. The last 20miles in the dark, in the mountains, I was going pretty slow which is a good thing or would have hit a black bear.

Gigs

I stated it earlier but had not used them yet. Left the dealer around 6PM. It had already dropped down on the mid 50s. I wore my light gloves on purpose. I was very happy with the heat from the grips on the lowest setting. This isn't a surprise to most of you but I have never installed heated grips. I'm sure some sport bike riders do but I never did. Can't for the life of me figure out why I have not done this in the past. Very happy I had this done and I really like the OEM switch location and operation.

It wasn't today , but a few days ago I installed these fork protectors. Went on in 5 minutes. They were about $26 including shipping.

This is a great alternative to gaiters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382235270748.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382235270748.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 273
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382235297438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382235297438.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 328
It wasn't today , but a few days ago I installed these fork protectors. Went on in 5 minutes. They were about $26 including shipping.

This is a great alternative to gaiters

Someone posted something about these the other day but can't find it. Where did you get yours and what was the part number? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back