• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my tires over to the Continentals I got a while back. I apparently chose absolutely perfectly on the timing for the rear. Upon close inspection I could make out cord/belt in a couple spots _through_ the remaining, very-thin rubber. A couple of the tread grooves were worn completely down to zero, too, so I think I got maximum life out of it. :) Just a couple ticks short of 15,000 miles.

I replaced the front tire, too, although in terms of rubber depth it still has noticeable life left in it.

Changed my tires over to the Continentals I got a while back. I apparently chose absolutely perfectly on the timing for the rear. Upon close inspection I could make out cord/belt in a couple spots _through_ the remaining, very-thin rubber. A couple of the tread grooves were worn completely down to zero, too, so I think I got maximum life out of it. :) Just a couple ticks short of 15,000 miles.

I replaced the front tire, too, although in terms of rubber depth it still has noticeable life left in it.

Sounds like you got some pretty decent miles on them! :eek:

Which Contis did you get?

The Conti-Motions someone here found on a _great_ sale last fall. I bought them back then, but just waited until I'd extracted max miles out of the Metzelers before changing. :)

All I've done with them thus far is basically ride a 15-mile loop to try to help 'scrub them in.' I did a bunch of I-shoulda-been-a-MotoGP-racer :p weaving back and forth, which got me most of the way to the edge of the tread on the front, and within ~1/2" on the rear. They feel nice, and more planted than the Metzies, but then the Metzies were worn out so I hesitate to compare directly.

After my weekend away, got home and the Loobman I ordered was in the mailbox, so got it installed last night. Mounted the reservoir to the OEM saddlebag bracket. Will see how it works on keeping the chain lubed and clean.

20140309_190346.jpg

I bought a pair of these from China and did not want to remove my stock NC interior bar end weights/mounts. So I have secured a pair of longer bar end weight screws to fit through these hand guards and the stock (OEM) bar end weights. They mount well and do not interfere with my windshield or hand controls of my bike. I also had to fab some spacers and grommets to make up for slack using M6 screws instead of M8 screws. I like the additional wind blockers that mount to the hand guards. These are mainly weather/bug/rock protectors, not crash protectors!:rolleyes:
The shipping from China was almost as much as the guards!:(

I installed some Barkbuster Storms today. After screwing around trying to get the bar ends out for about 45 minutes i tried the vice grip and hammer route and had them out within 5 minutes. so thankful for that thread!

Barkbuster Setup.jpg

I installed some Barkbuster Storms today. After screwing around trying to get the bar ends out for about 45 minutes i tried the vice grip and hammer route and had them out within 5 minutes. so thankful for that thread!

View attachment 13032
I hate to tell you now, but when I installed them on my bike I used the OEM bar end interior weights/mounts to mount the BarkBusters. I just went to the hardware store and bought some longer machine screws to extend through the BarkBuster bracket and the OEM exterior, black bar end weights, into the OEM interior mounts.
Fit and mounted great.

I hate to tell you now, but when I installed them on my bike I used the OEM bar end interior weights/mounts to mount the BarkBusters. I just went to the hardware store and bought some longer machine screws to extend through the BarkBuster bracket and the OEM exterior, black bar end weights, into the OEM interior mounts.
Fit and mounted great.

i read the other thread where others said they used the stock bar ends as well so i tried that and didnt like how it looked so i just went ahead and installed them per the instructions. not sure how the new bar ends will compare to the stock ones but i went for a short ride with crazy wind and about 40 degrees and the handguards really blocked the wind and they look good...IMO.

Got my 2 PIAA horns wired up this evening. Now the NCX sounds like a car rather than a juvenile roadrunner when I hit the horn button! :p

I did it! oil and oil filter change. Honda garage owner helped me untighten the Herculea drainplug.
Took me 30 mins. Will do again soon coz it is so easy...
:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Added a poor man's top box.

No, really, I just bought this and was transporting it home. I use them (5 gal. bucket and screw off lid) for a "dry box" on my canoe. Although I did give it a thought that in a pinch this would be a very cheap alternative.

IMG_20140320_165637_271.jpg

Trying some heavier bar ends

I was rummaging around the garage and found a pair of HVMP Heavy bar ends. I have used them on various bikes in the past. (Such as a KLR650 and Versys 650)
So I decided to mount them on my NC700X just as an experiment.
I know a lot of the members on this Forum have complained about vibrations coming through the handle bars. I never noticed, or was never bothered by any vibrations.
The HVMP Heavy bar ends weigh 14.2 oz (402.5 gm) each. They are really quite a bit heavier than the stock units.
And they really quell any vibrations that reach the handle bars.
I'm posting a couple of photos, in case any "sensitive hands" members are interested.
IMG_0193.JPGIMG_0194.JPGIMG_0195.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back