• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

For what it's worth I am not super impressed with Shad's shipping department. I pre-ordered the seat a couple weeks ago, so I didn't expect it immediately. But on March 6 I got email notifying me the seat had shipped, with a UPS tracking number. And the charge arrived on my credit card. But when I go to the tracking number today, it still says that a tracking number has been created but the package is not yet in UPS's hands, so they can't tell me when it will be delivered. Who creates tracking numbers and then waits more than a week to actually give the package to the UPS guy?

A day maybe. Not a week.

For what it's worth I am not super impressed with Shad's shipping department. I pre-ordered the seat a couple weeks ago, so I didn't expect it immediately. But on March 6 I got email notifying me the seat had shipped, with a UPS tracking number. And the charge arrived on my credit card. But when I go to the tracking number today, it still says that a tracking number has been created but the package is not yet in UPS's hands, so they can't tell me when it will be delivered. Who creates tracking numbers and then waits more than a week to actually give the package to the UPS guy?
Must just be a tradition or custom for that country or culture. Pay now and deliver later, sometime?
Good luck.

After extensive research I ordered a shad seat back in late February. I as well received a tracking number from shad on march 6th and still have not received the seat. After numerous calls and emails I was able to get a straight answer from Michael Schuiten at shad. He apologized and stated three reasons for the delay. 1st he said the majority of the employees were at Daytona bike week for 11 days earlier this month which cause a back log of orders. 2nd he said since they came out with the no embroidery design they have been extremely busy trying to fill the numerous orders they received. 3rd he said he was told an order of the seats with no embroidery was supposed to have come in from overseas earlier this month which it did not. He said he had received a confirmed date of the first week of April for the shipment of seats to come in. In fairness to him and shad he did offer me a refund of the shipping cost. My response to him was that I was really upset and frustrated about the lack of communication on their part. He again apologized and said he was as frustrated about this ordeal as I was. I stated I didn't think free shipping was a fair offer for all the delays and non communication I received. Instead of free shipping he is giving me a free waterproof handle bar clamp cellphone holder that shad makes. I thought that was a better gesture and offer. So the short of it I hopefully will receive my shad seat by the middle of April.

Last edited:
I had ordered the Shad seat when the embroidery free model came out, too. When Sargent announced their rollout date, and seeing that Sargent had a money back guarantee, I cancelled the yet to be shipped Shad order. Well it took four phone calls and several emails to get the order cancelled. Shad USA's customer service is a bit odd.

Last edited:
Must just be a tradition or custom for that country or culture. Pay now and deliver later, sometime?
Good luck.

What country? Florida? Cause that's where Shad USA is. I'm sitting with a UPS tracking number from almost 3 weeks ago and the package still hasn't started shipping.

I'm thinking about canceling and maybe going with the Sergeant seat. Or maybe not at all if the Rox risers make enough of a difference in my posture on the bike (installing them today).

The parent company is in Spain. That is where the seats for the nc700x are made. I totally agree with the frustration about the delay in the orders.

How about SPAIN?

Not meaning to sound pissed off at you guys. But it wasn't the Spanish parent company that created the UPS ship orders. It was Shad USA which as I understand it is not a Shad owned company but is instead the official importer of Shad products (i.e. like Honda USA versus Honda the parent company). Shad USA probably created the UPS ship order to perhaps keep people waiting for the seats and maybe prevent defection to other options. Creating a shipping order and charging the credit cards this far in advance of actually shipping is getting close to shady operations. I think a month is against credit policies and in a number of countries actually illegal (though not the US). Honestly, I would have been happier waiting without the pre-emptive ship orders.

I've got the Rox risers on now and it definitely makes a difference in sitting posture. Whether it's enough to obviate the need for a replacement seat I don't know yet since the rain is coming down pretty heavy right now. I should find out by Monday and may end up canceling my Shad seat order.

I came back from my trip to Scotland yesterday and still no seat and no action on the UPS tracking site. And still no response to the messages I sent to them before I left. Came over here to see if anyone knew what's going on and I see it's not just me. I agree it is a shady way of doing business.

I was perfectly willing to wait for the seat. But now that they've charged me, I worry that I'll get no seat, and it will be too late to contest the charges. I think the wisest course is to cancel the order while I still have time to contest the charges through Visa, just in case. Need to go check on how long that is, because I can't recall whether it's 30 days or 90 days or what.

I have had prior experiences with companies who behaved like this and then eventually delivered a top quality product (re: Vanson Leathers, grrrr) but just because other companies do it, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Last edited:
I sent them another email on Monday and still no reply. Their website doesn't list anything but email on the Contact Us page.

I looked it up. We get 60 days to dispute the charge. That's federal law so it's true for all of us in the USA. My bank may be more generous but I'm not going to count on it. The charge was made on March 6. I'd rather have a seat than the money, and all that dispute stuff will be a nuisance, so I'll wait another two to three weeks before filing the dispute. But the clock is definitely ticking for these yahoos.

Try (305) 652-6366 or 888-9SHADUS for ShadUSA. I called them three times about the order I cancelled. The same woman answered every time. Their hours might be 9-6 EDT M-F.

Last edited:
Just for curiosity, maybe you would like to see how Shad manufactures.

Interesting, but in Spanish (Shad is a Spanish company):

[video=youtube;lh4KiyxDjBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4KiyxDjBU#t=87[/video]

All this talk about late/non delivery sure makes me glad I bought the Seat Concepts seat kit!!.Arrived in less than a week,fit perfect,cost around $150( group buy ) and after 12,000 miles I still enjoy every minute I sit on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hozabah, the big question for me would be whether the comfort comes at the expense of a higher seating position. Anything taller than stock for me would be a no-no.

seat height is not taller than stock

sucks people are having a hard time ordering one. The first batch took a long time to come through, some weren't happy with the colors...

but I have no regrets and am quite happy with mine

I got the following email from Shad USA this morning.

Good morning Hyperborea,

I hope this email finds you doing well.

I wanted to update you on your order for a non embroidered NC700 SHAD comfort seat. The factory in Spain has just confirmed the seats are coming off he production line Thursday April 10th, and have a shipping date to our offices of Friday April 11th. We will receive these seats on Tuesday or Wednesday via Fedex Intl Express Air from Spain and, orders will ship same day via 2 day priority.

Our most sincere apologies for the prolonged delay with your order, we have been pushing the factory as hard as possible to get these seats delivered to us. It is a product that was requested specifically by us in the US, although we have pushed hard and were informed of an initial early March ready date, this has extended until today.

As mentioned, this morning confirmation was received that the seats finish production tomorrow and are on way to us Friday for delivery to you next week.

Please let me know if you have any questions, once again our sincere apologies for the delay with you order!

All the best,

Michael Schuiten

Back