• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SGT at the dragon

That would be great. Let me know when they get back with ya. Thanks.

This place sucks at emailing people back, but I don't see why there would be a problem.

What is everyone looking at as far as rout to get down there? I'm thinking about going I81s till I hit Roanoke then hitting the Blue Ridge Parkway the rest of the way down... Or at least until I get tired or need to make up some time. Going home I plan on taking 81n till Roanoke then taking the Blue Ridge/skyline drive the rest of the way home. I was thinking about taking the blue ridge all the way down but that would be some 14 Hrs. I'll save that for middle of summer when I can leave at 6am.

we are less than two weeks away, is everyone ready?

if anyone has any final suggestions now is the time to speak up.

looking for a suggestion of a diner to meet up for breakfast, like to keep it somewhere between the dam and the Dragon for those who are staying there. I figure we can meet there early enough to eat them hit the Dragon to the other side of the mountain top the pull off spot top meet with anyone who stayed on that side at 10. hit the Dragon again back into nc stop at the hotel on the other end where the tree of shame is, snap some pics then head out to wherever from there.

I know there is a local or two that was talking about meeting us so these is your chance to sine.

I would just like to see some video of the nc in the turns.and a report on how it does.have fun.

I plan on leaving my home at about 6 a.m. (EST) on Friday, 5-10. I think I can make it there at a reasonable time in the evening. If
something happens/slows me down and I won't roll in until the late hours, i will find a place to sleep and look to meet up with the
group on Saturday morning.

Frozenpoet, Has the campground given you a site number yet or anything to go on?

Last edited:
I plan on leaving my home at about 6 a.m. (EST) on Friday, 5-10. I think I can make it there at a reasonable time in the evening. If
something happens/slows me down and I won't roll in until the late hours, i will find a place to sleep and look to meet up with the
group on Saturday morning.

Frozenpoet, Has the campground given you a site number yet or anything to go on?

no, but if you want you can pm me a cell number and I can text the site number when I get there.

PM sent. Everything is falling into place for me. Just got my new PR3 rear tire mounted today, and my
CO2 tire plug kit came in the mail today. Just need to shop for a sleeping bag now.

Finalized my travel plans. Leaving Arkansas Thursday morning via hwy64 through Memphis to Lawrenceburg , TN where I’ll overnight at David Crocket State Park. Friday it’s on to Fayetteville, then hwy55 to Lynchburg (may stop in at JD), Spencer, and then on over. Should arrive at Fontana Dam late afternoon if all goes well. From looking at the map the ride from Spencer to Fontana should be fun. Bags are already packed, chain is freshly lubed, tires aired up, UPS is delivering new gloves today, now I just have to struggle through a couple more days of work before freedom begins!

Looking around online the best places to eat breakfast for us campers is either at the campground itself or at "Huddle House" that is about 40 miles south. The restaurant at the campground looks decent enough.

Do we have a final head count yet?

frozenpoet
bamamate
670cc
mpgandfun

more?

50-50 chance I will be there. I live in Asheville and would be coming that morning. I am the one that has the red angry bird on windscreen. Anybody else passing though Asheville Saturday morning for the meet up?

Finalized my travel plans. Leaving Arkansas Thursday morning via hwy64 through Memphis to Lawrenceburg , TN where I’ll overnight at David Crocket State Park. Friday it’s on to Fayetteville, then hwy55 to Lynchburg (may stop in at JD), Spencer, and then on over. Should arrive at Fontana Dam late afternoon if all goes well. From looking at the map the ride from Spencer to Fontana should be fun. Bags are already packed, chain is freshly lubed, tires aired up, UPS is delivering new gloves today, now I just have to struggle through a couple more days of work before freedom begins!

HWY 30 from Spencer thru fall creek falls state park to pikeville is a great road. Its as curvy as the dragon in places.

Do we have a final head count yet?

frozenpoet
bamamate
670cc
mpgandfun

more?

That's all that I know of as of now, but that's cool after it's all said and done we have to make sure to brag about how much fun we had so next year will be bigger.

And is anyone camera junkies? I just ordered a compact digital with next day, so I'll be looking to take some decent pictures. Better than my cell phone camera anyways.

And is anyone camera junkies? I just ordered a compact digital with next day, so I'll be looking to take some decent pictures. Better than my cell phone camera anyways.

I'll have a real camera with me.

Greg

Back