• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seats - CarbonFX or DTX Cover?

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have decided to order a Sargent Seat for my NX700X and now I need to decide to go with the regular or plus model.

I've talked to Sargent and they explained that the seat is the same just a different material is used for the cover.

The regular seat comes with a CarbonFX cover that looks like the stock seat on newer NC's, the plus seat comes with a DTX cover that is 'gripper' and looks more like a fabric than vinyl.

The question is the DTX worth $30?

Thanks

belrix

I've had several Sargent seats including one on my departed 2012 model. I'm awaiting build and delivery of a World Sport Performance seat in CarbonFX for the 2015. CarbonFX is a very near match to the original 2012 seat cover which was great because in the beginning Sargent did not make a passenger seat cover unless it was custom. Getting the front seat in Carbon so it matched the passenger seat was cheaper and it matched OEM.

DTX is a grippier material. I had DTX inserts on the Triumph seat and prefer the CarbonFX material after having both. CarbonFX is bulletproof for wear, standing up to rain and sunlight UV. The 9 year old seat still looks brand new on my ST1300.

I don't know how the DTX cover is, but the Carbon one is slippery. I tried their seat when it first came out (had to return it, though). The forward slope is still there to some degree. Depending on the pants you wear, when you hit the brakes you may be up on the frunk. At least I was. The DTX might be the way to go.

I don't know how the DTX cover is, but the Carbon one is slippery. I tried their seat when it first came out (had to return it, though). The forward slope is still there to some degree. Depending on the pants you wear, when you hit the brakes you may be up on the frunk. At least I was. The DTX might be the way to go.
I did raise the front of the Sargent about 3/8" to flatten the seating area. People are different and I like the slippery feel. It makes it easy to move around on the seat without having to lift up that little bit that lets you slide to shift weight. The Tiger seat is designed with Carbon in the seating area and DTX for grip panels - knees and thighs.

Thanks for the replies!

I think I will go with the DTX material, would like my rearend to stay at the back of the seat!

Plus Sargent said I could return it within 30 days if I don't like it.

Just need to start the magically farkle fund generating machine.

belrux

I can answer a part of this question.

I own a Sargent DTX seat. I went with DTX due to it being much more "grippy" than the carbonFX. I hated sliding on the OEM Seat. You don't move on the DTX. Paired with my motorcycle armored riding pants it is a perfect match for me. Helps me maintain poster and easier on my back. I tend to slouch if I slide.

i have the standard Sargent seat and don't find it slippery. If i want to sit further back on the seat, I just shift weight and i don't slide forward. I'm wearing Rev'It pants and that could contribute to the "grippiness" of the seat.

Back