• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saddle Sore 1000: 2nd attempt (part 2 of 2)

Agreed. The certificate isn't the reason we do it, but with all the documentation they make you do it's nice to have something tangible. I'll be sure to give you a shout out for the motivation when I do my ride this summer!

They sent the license plate frame, but the promised certificates detailing the brave deed never came.
It's one of those things where I could write them and complain, but...whot needs that? The license plate frame (backing) is what I really wanted anyway.
When I submitted the documentation for my last IBA ride in March I expected it to take several months but I had the packet back in less than two weeks.

When I submitted the documentation for my last IBA ride in March I expected it to take several months but I had the packet back in less than two weeks.
the packet did come back in about as much time. It's just didn't have the certificates in it. The license plate frame was there...

the packet did come back in about as much time. It's just didn't have the certificates in it. The license plate frame was there...

Heck, Strat, I wouldn't view it as "complaining" so much as just sending off a letter to politely inform them of the missing bits, and enquire as to any info they may have regarding it.

You earned it all buddy

Besides the certificate and a copy was there a jacket pin and some stickers in the envelope? My last packet had an envelope with the certificates and an envelope with the license plate backer and pins. Maybe they just forgot the other envelope. I'd write them.

Besides the certificate and a copy was there a jacket pin and some stickers in the envelope? My last packet had an envelope with the certificates and an envelope with the license plate backer and pins. Maybe they just forgot the other envelope. I'd write them.

+1. I got my certificate (two copies actually), plate back, quite a few stickers, and a pin in my packet. All packed in envelopes within envelopes... Bet they accidentally left one out. Worth a quick email I'd bet.

trey

I know I'm late with this, but I wasn't here yet!
Congrats on a hard won achievement!
Where's the picture?
Uhhhm.... did I miss something? Picture of what?

edit: OK...got it... I had said I'd post pictures of the IBA stuff when it arrived!
Well, there isn't much to show since the certificates never came. I do have the plate backing, and I show that proudly... looks like this.
ledbrakea.jpg

Last edited:
At the begining of this thread you mention listening to music,, I would recommend Led Zepppelin, BBC sessions (two disc set) particularly disc 2 Whole lotra love (Medley),,I road tested the other night,,its enough to keep the dead awake!!!

At the begining of this thread you mention listening to music,, I would recommend Led Zepppelin, BBC sessions (two disc set) particularly disc 2 Whole lotra love (Medley),,I road tested the other night,,its enough to keep the dead awake!!!

Anything that "lights your candle" as they say! I usually ride with ear plugs in to protect what's left of my hearing.... but that means riding in near silence .... and when you do that at night, on a straight interstate, on mile 850 of 1000, you're asking for that hypnotic, sleepy time, effect. Anything that helps you avoid that is a good thing.

I too ride at night,,,arriving home around 1.30am,,yes it works for me,,,,but also the empty roads,,I have been know to set off at 1.30am and ride though the night and into the morning just for the hell of it!!!

Back