• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox risers installed

The Rox Riser users still have the OEM plate. Now that you mention it I think it does get in the way sometimes.

I've never had the key wedgie problem, as it's one of those phobic things for me. I can't bring myself to have a great whack of keys jangling about and scratching the crap out of the top triple clamp/fork bridge area. I restrict my bike key to it and it alone, or at most, additionally a saddle bag key or a lock key-making sure neither of those hangs down far enough to touch anything.

...then I'll ride through a muddy, sloppy field, get covered head to toe in dirt and muck, and scratch the crap out of the paint job on the bike. Der :rolleyes: :eek: lol

Keys getting wedged, yup here too! I recently removed my Rox risers as they kept slipping on me. I do not have a Dremel tool to grove the slick risers. Is rough sandpaper really enough? If I get a Dremel tool, how deep and how far apart should the grooves be. I sure miss my risers! Details please!

Keys getting wedged, yup here too! I recently removed my Rox risers as they kept slipping on me. I do not have a Dremel tool to grove the slick risers. Is rough sandpaper really enough? If I get a Dremel tool, how deep and how far apart should the grooves be. I sure miss my risers! Details please!

I just use the sharp edge of a triangular file.

Regarding the key issue, I use something called a 'key silencer'. My M/C keyset has the house and rear trunk key on it; but I don't want those to jingle around and scratch up stuff. This is a piece of webbing-like material with velcro in it. It wraps around the unused keys thus protecting the immediate area. No jingling sound heard either.

P1030273.jpg

Last edited:

I just put a bit of silicone between the bar and clamp

I just installed my risers today. Thanks for the heads up on doing this. I had read about the bars slipping and took steps to prevent it. Simple fix, I grabbed the risers with a pair of channel lock pliers and hit the riser with a rubber mallet. This put some grooves in the risers where the teeth had bit in. I did this evenly all the way around. I knew it was going to work well when I put them in and with the bolts loose I could not turn the risers. When you want to drive a nail you don't need to get fancy, just hit it with a hammer.

I just installed my risers today. Thanks for the heads up on doing this. I had read about the bars slipping and took steps to prevent it. Simple fix, I grabbed the risers with a pair of channel lock pliers and hit the riser with a rubber mallet. This put some grooves in the risers where the teeth had bit in. I did this evenly all the way around. I knew it was going to work well when I put them in and with the bolts loose I could not turn the risers. When you want to drive a nail you don't need to get fancy, just hit it with a hammer.

I rode around with a 13mm wrench and a 6mm allen wrench for about two weeks. Just when I though they weren't going to move they would. I'd keep an eye on them for a bit just in case.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I rode around with a 13mm wrench and a 6mm allen wrench for about two weeks. Just when I though they weren't going to move they would. I'd keep an eye on them for a bit just in case.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I have all of the tools on board if they need attention(12mm by the way). I rode 243 today and the 2" rise made all of the difference in comfort to me. My shoulders would ache with the stock set up but that strain was removed with the risers. I should not be surprised since I have put risers on every bike I have ever owned. Now I just need to put the offroad grips on I prefer. They have a little more cushion and a lot better grip.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just installed on my DCT. Need to take out the clamp holding the brake hose bumper.

I set the bumber to contact the cable clamp and remains of the mount so that the hose is protected.
5ydere2a.jpg

Can even pivot the riser towards rider.
age5uru2.jpg

I was able to just slide the cables up in the stock clamp. It took very little effort. On the break line in just took the hose out of the clamp and wrapped a piece of rubber around it where it makes contact from being a bit higher.

I'll be using an electric engraver to ruff up the posts when the time comes. Should make a tighter fit akin to knurling a piston skirt. Can't see any sense in grinding off material from a part that could slip.
The perfect handlebar bend for me is an old clubman, flipped with the U pointing up. It's several inches lower than stock so will need the 3 1/2" risers. Just a touch narrower also. Might modify the top plate cause I'm a key jammer too .

Although the NCX's ergo is much better than what I was riding, I think it be improve upto. So I finally gave in and bought a set of Rox riser. Just to see what all the fuss is about.

The kit actually arrived awhile ago. But I kept putting it off. This past weekend, I finally got around to working on the bike. So I took the chance and installed a HID kit, along with the Rox Riser. Some has mentioned that the posts, used in the original Honda clamps, are too smooth. Some used sand paper to rough them up; some used chisels, hammers, or dremels. I did it a little differently. I cut up a piece of wide rubber band and put it underneath the post and then just clamped it down. The thickness of the rubber band flattens down and adds a lot of friction to the post/clamp. It seems to work really well. After a weekend of riding, I haven't seen any movement yet. I think it might work for the long run.

as for the ergo with Rox Risers, IT'S FANTASTIC!!! The 2" rise doesn't seem much, once it's installed. But the improvement on my reach and posture has been drastic. Now I know what has been causing the little kink in my shoulders/upper back. It would also improve offroad riding, if I ever get to ride offroad (compacted dirt/gravel). I can now stand up straight on the OEM pegs and keep both hands on the grips.

Very happy with this mod!

Last edited:
The improvements for me weren't so great. It did reduced the stretch, uprighted the back and removed cramps in the groin area. But now I get some slight cramps in the forearm from a higher handlebar position. Maybe my expectations were too high from all the hype :)

Last edited:
Ray, you may want to try tilting the riser back slightly and/or rotate the handlebar back toward you. I was also in your situation when I first installed the riser. The grip angle was a little awkward, after it got moved higher and closer to me. Rotating the handlebar solved that problem.

Another update: I didn't think it would matter that much. But it does. The riser moved the handlebar and handguards up and changed the aerodynamics of the front end. Now I get far less wind on my shoulders, which is great. On the flip side, I get a lot more wind blast in my midsection. I will see how that effect winter riding and how much colder I would get

The improvements for me weren't so great. It did reduced the stretch, uprighted the back and removed cramps in the groin area. But now I get some slight cramps in the forearm from a higher handlebar position. Maybe my expectations were too high from all the hype :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would trade groin cramps for forearm cramps any day of the week...:eek:

;)

You may want to experiment with the roll of the bars I the clamp. This will change the angle of your wrist. By working the position of the risers and the roll of the bars you may find a position that is better.

You may want to experiment with the roll of the bars I the clamp. This will change the angle of your wrist. By working the position of the risers and the roll of the bars you may find a position that is better.

Back