• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

'Round the USA trip imminent, rough planning done.

Just remember that every county really wants you into their country so as to aquire your money. The job of the border folks is to aquire your money. Once they have your money, you are allowed into the county, so other folks in the county can aquire your money. They just do not want the thief who is out to aquire their money!

Bad thinking I guess. If I work in a country I spend there the money I earned in that country, usually. But maybe I'm a special case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear I'm not (yet) Canadian and the only thing I like at Tim Horton's is the Timbits and the donuts. I honestly think their coffee sucks... I prefer Starbucks for coffee. Closer to the expresso we have in France - I don't usually drink drip coffee besides the one I brew.

Regarding parks I won't judge people. I'm visiting them for the landscapes not for people anyway. But I agree if people can't put their trash in the cans it sucks...

I'm sorry about your bad experience at the Canadian customs. Thing is, for me both Canadian AND American customs can be a PITA since I'm a foreigner in both cases. Just a bit less possibly in Canada because I'm a permanent resident... This said I'm fine if they want to unpack all my stuff as long as they let me start my damn trip! [emoji1]

If I was there in 2008 it was probably right after 911 come to think of it... guess you can't fault them for being careful... I probably look a little suspicious anyway ... LOL

If I was there in 2008 it was probably right after 911 come to think of it... guess you can't fault them for being careful... I probably look a little suspicious anyway ... LOL

2007/2008 was the crisis. 9/11 was in 2001 ;) but I think it's irrelevant and most of the bother comes with little details that trigger the doubts... like a bad morning coffee, or a fight with the partner the previous night, or just wanting to show power... You just have to be there at the wrong moment, and then, bad luck. We're only human, our judgement is never totally objective.

So I'm in the states. Close to Seattle. Target of the day is Portland. Should be fairly easy just a few more hours ride I guess. Going highways. I'll do the scenic ride another day. I'll probably keep a RR on advrider and more details on my blog possibly.

So I'm in the states. Close to Seattle. Target of the day is Portland. Should be fairly easy just a few more hours ride I guess. Going highways. I'll do the scenic ride another day. I'll probably keep a RR on advrider and more details on my blog possibly.

Have mega fun and be safe!!! :D :D :D

I haven't updated this thread for quite some time, but I'm currently in Jacksonville, FL and will head tomorrow to Miami following the coast, and I'll probably camp downtown (there's a camp south of the zoo). If anyone in the area - or on the way - want a quick meet and greet, let me know. I noticed there are many NC member in Florida, but many haven't been on for ages... Then Key West for the next day, and then I'll start the trip back, through West Florida, Louisiana, maybe Alabama (made new friends from Ozark, AL last night), Texas, New Mexico, California, Oregon and Washington in the next 2-3 weeks.

you missed monsoon season in my part of montana, it came after the snow fled! but interspersed here and there, there's been some brisk 35 to 50 degree riding days with the sun out in full force. florida is no substitute for this!

Last edited by a moderator:
you missed monsoon season in my part of montana, it came after the snow fled! but intersprerse here and there, there's been some brisk 35 to 50 degree riding days with the sun out in full force. florida is no substitute for this!

I know. I wanted to go your direction but everyone was so good (mostly on advrider) at convincing me that staying south was a better idea that I desisted of the original north prt of my circuit...

But yes I'm liking the temp here [emoji6]

Daytona Beach currently pausing for a coffee then on the road again. Should be in Miami around 3'ish

Already have the TKC-80s in my garage... not worth sending them back and getting different ones :D
Now I was about to change the tires myself, but it seems to be such a pain to find a 18mm hex bit for that stupid front axle... why not using an external bolt as everyone else, Honda?
I thought it was a 17 mm. I will go check. Curious now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So, just to keep the thread updated, I didn't make it to Miami. Time was flying, my butt was starting to feel a bit sore, and I realized that I'd be in Miami after sunset, and that it's high season down here in Florida for anything apparently so campgrounds are full so maybe I'd be stuck with having to go to a motel in Miami, and it's also much more expensive (spent $100 in Vegas for a crappy motel, don't want to do it again)...

So I decided to try the Koa here in Palm Beach, which unfortunately had no tent site available, except the last Luxury tent site - which comes with a huge tent that I didn't really need for... almost 70 bucks... :( So that's still a screw up... I usually try to keep it below $30 for camping - already a lot if you ask for a shared washroom and a piece of dirt/grass - and below $50 for a motel... Motel6 have done a good job so far, and Koa's usually are without surprises, although more like $34...

Anyway, I also revised my idea to sleep in Key West when I saw the prices there... so tomorrow I will visit Palm Beach and Miami, then stop in Homestead, last city before the keys, in a reasonably priced motel ($50), then the next day I'll ride to key west (2h40 apparently for 120 miles, speed limit must be 35mph all way long...), spend the day there, then come back to homestead for a second night, and the next day ride up the west coast of Florida to stop... somewhere to be defined...

Wow. Vancouver to Miami, and he finally says, mildly, "my butt was starting to feel a bit sore". I never would have made it that far without complaining of significant butt pain. Whatever seat is on that bike, I gotta try it out!

Wow. Vancouver to Miami, and he finally says, mildly, "my butt was starting to feel a bit sore". I never would have made it that far without complaining of significant butt pain. Whatever seat is on that bike, I gotta try it out!

Seat concepts [emoji6] but I may be a case of Iron Butt too...

Camping on Pine Island tonight, west of Fort Myers. Been a long day riding through the Everglades. Made a stop at Naples. Nice city center. Beaches not bad either.

But today I'm feeling tired and lonely. Swallowing tons of kilometers and too tired to even share by night. I wish someone was riding along...

borrow some of my ridin' pards!

[video=youtube;z4qkGf3q7gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4qkGf3q7gA[/video]

Camping on Pine Island tonight, west of Fort Myers. Been a long day riding through the Everglades. Made a stop at Naples. Nice city center. Beaches not bad either.

But today I'm feeling tired and lonely. Swallowing tons of kilometers and too tired to even share by night. I wish someone was riding along...

Riding alone has its advantages; stopping, starting, making all those decisions without having to compare notes with a fellow rider, but at the end of the day there's no one to recap with. Agree with you that that's the downside. If it's any consolation, we like seeing the photos and hearing of your trip. It might be the closest many of us ever get to making the trip ourselves. Spend a little extra downtime off the bike somewhere and just hang with the locals. Visit a dealer or two and just chat. Might recharge your internal battery a little. Ride safe! We're with ya:)

I know what you mean... Some people like the loneliness, but others like to share the moment with others. One way to get around that problem might be to join some other motorcyclists on the road?

Don't let the loneliness bug you down on your trip. We're there with you, only from a distance. :D

Be careful Peergum when heading north. The Midwest and Northeast is going to be hit with a cold front Friday night/Saturday morning. They are predicting a high of 80'F on Friday in Louisville and SNOW during the day on Saturday with highs in the low 40's (F)

Back