• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

rim polish

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
What is everyone using on the rims and tires?i had crome before and not sure what to use on these to get clean.something that really shines them up?

I don't think tire shine, of any type, is a good idea for a motorcycle.

Something about slippery and falling down comes to mind. ; )

I think our original rims are powder-coated (paint), so beware of any harsh chemicals.
Best to use a dedicated bike-wash (eg:S100) or just simple soapy water (eg: dishwashing liquid heavily diluted) to wash those.
:D

I use Pledge furniture polish. I just take care to keep it off the seat, brakes and tires. Works great, and smells lemony-fresh!

It works similarly to Honda's spray polish, but costs MUCH less.

I have had great success with Simple Green. I spray it pretty much full strength on the rims and dilute it for the rest of the bike. A quick hit with a brush and the rims are clean. It seems to rinse pretty clean.

I have had great success with Simple Green.

Agree Simple Green works well in certain cases but be very very careful it can mark aluminum.

Be careful with "Simple Green" and similar products "Purple Power" they contain sodium base that can harm and mark or discolor aluminum. Normal "Simple Green" is banned from army aircraft because of this reaction to aluminum. They make aircraft Simple Green to solve this problem.

Frequently Asked Questions

Extreme Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision Cleaner

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...imple-green-its-simple-dont-use-aluminum.html

I use this one. Works beautifully every time and gives a perfect result. Easy!

http://www.motul.com/se/sv/products/417?f[application]=142&f[range]=21

76350-0.400L.png

Last edited:
I have had great success with Simple Green. I spray it pretty much full strength on the rims and dilute it for the rest of the bike. A quick hit with a brush and the rims are clean. It seems to rinse pretty clean.

be very carefull with simple green it is very corrosive, it will damage bolts, cases a other parts even when diluted, removes grease, make bolts stick, and brake off.
honda brite, witch is s100 is made for bikes. we see allot of damage on dirt bikes that get cleaner with simple green. dale

My rear wheel gets a dose of Chain-Saver every few hundred miles. My front gets a car wash once in a while. I do like the college sorority fund raiser washes though.
Yep I like that one!

I've probably tried every recommendation mentioned here on every bike I've ever owned. But the very best thing I've ever used on rims, any rims, chrome, powder coated, composite or aluminum, is Gojo hand cleaner. Removes brake dust and chain lube easily without scratching and leaves a nice sheen.

Back