• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacement grab bars

quirken

Reaction score
Visit site
When I purchased my NC700X from the dealership ~2 years ago, I ordered the saddlebags and top case and had the dealer install them (before I ever saw my bike).

When I had an accident last September, riding season was pretty much over by the time I was healed up. My saddlebag cracked during the accident.

So I figured, what the hell. Insurance was paying for the dollar amount of the replacement, let's go aftermarket. All seemed good.

Until I went to install them myself. Apparently when the dealer installed the accessories, they neglected to tell me (or give me) the two grab bar/rail pieces, which get replaced with similar but not identical pieces for the saddlebags/top case. And it turns out the new accessories mount onto the original only.

It looks like ordering a replacement part through the dealership is absurdly expensive, especially since they kept what should have been mine in the first place. Based on their website, that's $267 to replace them.

I already have the new saddlebags and top case, so this puts me in a shitty situation. Either I sink in even more money to get what should have been free to begin with (it's been ~2 yr since I got the bike), or I sink in more money and just get replacement saddlebags, and attempt to resell the givi saddlebags/top cases I bought.

There are some available on ebay for a much more reasonable price (seem to sell for ~$60-$75 plus shipping, but rather limited supply).

I have a 2015 NC700X. Will the various years of the part all fit? 2013/2014/2016/2017? They need to be pretty much exactly the same shape or the accessories won't attach.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a pair I can sell you cheap. Will pm you when I have a sec.

I had the same exact problem when I went with givi. I found a set on eBay for like $25

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a long shot, being two years ago, but the original grab bars that came on the bike when you bought it belong to you. The dealer literally stole them from you (assuming they didn't offer them to you and you accidentally said 'No, throw them out'). I would see if there would be any way to talk to them and try and leverage a free set. Very unlikely where it's two years gone by, but for the minimal time/hassle might be worth a shot.

Do you still have the top case? If so, damaged and for sale?
I think so, but I forget. I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks and have a chance to work on the bike, as it's in a different state at the moment. I believe the top was scratched but intact, the left saddlebag was busted, and the right saddlebag was okay.

It's a long shot, being two years ago, but the original grab bars that came on the bike when you bought it belong to you. The dealer literally stole them from you (assuming they didn't offer them to you and you accidentally said 'No, throw them out'). I would see if there would be any way to talk to them and try and leverage a free set. Very unlikely where it's two years gone by, but for the minimal time/hassle might be worth a shot.

Yeah, I tried calling them about 6 months ago but I'm not the kind of person to be really aggressive on the phone, so they said no and I didn't really fight it. They've probably forgotten by now, and 2 years later makes it pretty hard to prove, especially if they make a habit of doing that.

At the moment, I really just want to get them ASAP. If I can work on the bike in a few weeks and install everything, I'm going to ride it home. If I don't have everything, then I'm going to take a bus 300 miles home, and that will be sad.

I figured that might be the case, but you never know until you try.
You could also try and find someone who wanted to install OEM cases and would need to get the modified parts and do a straight swap.
I think your quickest course of action is unfortunately shelling out the cash for parts, though.
Near as I can tell, part numbers are similar but not identical for all model/years. Might just be a colour code that's different, but I cannot confirm 100% that parts from any model/year will fit any other model/year. Based on photographs, the parts look the same, but without both parts in hand to compare, you'll likely never know for sure.

I have this pair I can sell. They have just a few minor scuffs but look pretty good. I think they're from a 2012 model, but I'm not sure. How about $40 plus shipping (from Illinois)?

IMG_0132.jpg

Last edited:
I have this pair I can sell. They have just a few minor scuffs but look pretty good. I think they're from a 2012 model, but I'm not sure. How about $40 plus shipping (from Illinois)?

View attachment 33772

That looks like the right parts, and that sounds like a good deal, but I want to double check since the years are different. The Givi part is supposed to work 2012-2015, and the honda installation says 2013 for the part.

I don't care a ton about the minor scuffs.

Can you verify from different angles they look like the ones in this installation manual (page 3, upper left)? I have what's on page 4, upper right. I don't need photos or anything, just a "yeah, looks like it"
https://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MJJ-A30.pdf

And page 3 here:
https://www.revzilla.com/assets/000...se_support_brackets_honda_nc700_x20122015.pdf

Last edited:
There is a color change from 2012 to 2015, but the grabs rails are physically the same. The 2012 (which I have) grab rails are NH389M Mat Bullet Silver, and the 2015's are NH303M Mat Axis Gray.

It is still in good shape. It's in a different state at the moment, but I can get a photo of it if you'd like.

That would be great - I live in Portland if you are looking to sell it cheap... I have a soft bag on the shelf now but it would be fun to paint up a OEM top bag if it is salvageable.

Attachments

• DSCN1964.jpg
    DSCN1964.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 94
Back