• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

replace brake light bulb

I haven't been able to take off the tail light assembly either. I did managed to get that black JIS screw to come off with a large standard philips but it was a beast. Once the other two silver bolts are off there's that one last one in the middle where you see the nut but is just spins the bolt. In other posts it seems that does not need to be removed, but I can't budge the tail assembly ... maybe I'm not yanking the assembly hard enough?

I haven't been able to take off the tail light assembly either. I did managed to get that black JIS screw to come off with a large standard philips but it was a beast. Once the other two silver bolts are off there's that one last one in the middle where you see the nut but is just spins the bolt. In other posts it seems that does not need to be removed, but I can't budge the tail assembly ... maybe I'm not yanking the assembly hard enough?

There are no nuts on the bolts that hold the assembly on. I think you are fishing for the wrong fasteners. If you have the JIS (Phillips) that is inside the wheelwell at a 45 degree angle, then the other two (hex button head) are pointing up from below. I am pretty sure that all three are threaded into a metal frame for the assembly and not into nuts. If it is spinning, I think it is the wrong fastener.

There are no nuts on the bolts that hold the assembly on. I think you are fishing for the wrong fasteners. If you have the JIS (Phillips) that is inside the wheelwell at a 45 degree angle, then the other two (hex button head) are pointing up from below. I am pretty sure that all three are threaded into a metal frame for the assembly and not into nuts. If it is spinning, I think it is the wrong fastener.

You are correct. I made this error thinking I could see what held the tail light on - the nuts. Nope!

Back