• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Repaint silver plastics to matte black

So, tell us, now that you are done, was it worth the time and expense? Would you do it again? I'm sure it looks pretty freaking cool.

WGW

So, tell us, now that you are done, was it worth the time and expense? Would you do it again? I'm sure it looks pretty freaking cool.

WGW

YES! It was a lot of effort but it was absolutely worth it!!! I just really didnt like the silver. Here are two quick snapshots of the finished product:

image_zpsd5f9ec9b.jpg

E8FBEDBA-BB1F-4003-86EF-B0A212ACE75D-8681-0000031184B2526D_zps6c74a8a2.jpg

:D

That looks fantastic. Not matte black, but that's OK. I think the contrast between the gloss and the factory matte black looks really damned good. I'd be interested to see how well the paint holds up.

Well done!

I just ordered some matte black vinyl wrap. I've watched a few videos and believe I have the required patience for that task...let's just hope I have the talent. I seriously contemplated army green before deciding.

Does that go on by heat shrinking? what to google to find that stuff?

Pressure sensitive adhesive. There several videos of guys that did the whole bike or cars or what ever. Google 3m vinyl wrap........ See below should get you started:

3Mâ„¢ Scotchprint® Wrap Film Series 1080:Â*3M Graphic Solutions Products US

3M Vehicle Wrap Vinyl

Matte White Wrap - BMW M3 - 3M Vinyl - YouTube

After you once get to YouTube the videos are endless with wrapping projects.

Last edited:
I guess we will have to dub this the Disastrous mod, By the way Disastrous, I have a home in Pleasant Garden, just south of Greensboro, where you at? I'll be out there in april for spring cleanup. I have a BMW R1150R out there. I hope its warm enough to ride it in april. I have to take it for that dumb inspection before june so I can renew the reg.

I guess we will have to dub this the Disastrous mod, By the way Disastrous, I have a home in Pleasant Garden, just south of Greensboro, where you at? I'll be out there in april for spring cleanup. I have a BMW R1150R out there. I hope its warm enough to ride it in april. I have to take it for that dumb inspection before june so I can renew the reg.

I am in Moyock, NC...south of Norfolk, VA & just west of the Outer Banks.

OK so I looked at the 3M Gloss Vinyl in bright yellow and the smallest piece is 150 sq ft. That's a bit much for a motorcycle. How do you buy smaller pieces?

Greg

Back