• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Repaint silver plastics to matte black

FrankQC,

It's been awhile and I am back to farkling mode.

Is it correct to assume that the shunt resistor is to be installed immediately next to (-) pole of the battery BEFORE all the other connections?
I have gadgets wired directly to the (-) of the battery like, FUZE BLOCK, heated jackets. How do you take into account of OEM power harness?

Thanks

The top meter is a coolant temp, exactly as the one originally installed by duk2n here : http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/927-coolant-temp-meter.html

The one above the frunk is a voltmeter / ammeter combo. I got it here : DC 4.5-30V 50A Red&Blue Led Dual Panel Volt Amp Combo Meter + 50A/75mV Shunt | eBay

You need to be technically inclined to install this one because you need to 1- waterproof the display unit and 2- install a shunt resistor on the (-) pole of the battery to get the ammeter readout.

I don't want to change the orientation of the thread so PM me if you need more infos about this.

Yes, the shunt goes directly on the (-) pole of the battery. You need to disconnect everything from the (-) of the battery (including the OEM wire) and connect them to one side of the shunt. The other side of the shunt returns to the (-) side of the battery with a thick wire (6ga). The unit will take into account everything connected to the battery, including accessories grounded to the frame.

Connected this way, the ammeter will give you a positive reading when the battery is being charged and a negative reading when the battery is being discharged (like engine not running)

Thanks Frank.

What about (+) side? I assume it will be a additional connection just like any other gadgets?

For waterproofing the unit, how do you do that and what did you use to cut the hole?
Where do you strategically placed the shunt?

Wow, every time I click into this thread I think we'd be talking about paint.

Wow, every time I click into this thread I think we'd be talking about paint.

Sorry Super Moderator... things got carried away. How can I quote FrankQC's response and put it on a new thread? Can you help to move the topic to appropriate thread?

Thanks.

Sorry Super Moderator... things got carried away. How can I quote FrankQC's response and put it on a new thread? Can you help to move the topic to appropriate thread?

Thanks.

I can't split threads without a lot of work, but you can always use basic copy/paste functions to grab some conversation and use it in a new thread.

Back