• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear NC Shock Measurements please?

If I recall correctly it drops the back end maybe a little over 1/2", so a little less than a half an inch at the seat. Maybe Bill took better notes.

Were you able to figure out how much wheel travel you lost with the F4 shock?

Did a little research on the Touno shock, it lacks compression damping adjustment and reviews of the bike mentioned that the shock was a weak link in the suspension.

Well, the stroke is 12% less, so not taking into account any effect of the linkage not being linear, about .7" (18mm) out of 5.9" (150mm)

I feel like i'm using more travel though, As the compression damping is way better. Never felt either shock bottom out.

Has anyone with a F4 shock rode tested it off-road? I have not done any dual sport rides on my NC but I would be interested in this ride report before making the swap.

I swapped out the shock and rode about 270 miles yesterday. Much better than stock and I haven't messed with the settings yet. Did about 10 miles of dirt/gravel road and it performed well. Wish I would have made the swap before riding to Cabo San Lucas last month, 3600 mile round trip. Very worth while cost/benefit swap.

Hi,
Need some advice on Rear Shocks for NCX.

Was wondering if we can use the YSS NC700S shocks on an NC700X. Specs are as follows:-

MZ506-300TRL-33 - Length 300-310(Adjustable) 10x28(Top) - 10x39( Bottom) 60-150-150( Standard spring).

Was trying to order one for X but they only have "S' in their Catalog.
Anything i should be concerned about for having a slightly shorter length of 2mm? or i should be more concerned about the stroke which i have not been able to find out.

Appreciate it and thanks in advance for any advise or help rendered..

The S has roughly one inch, or about 25mm, less suspension travel than the X. All of the suspension components including the swing arm have the same part number, only the shock number is different. If you put a shock that is specked to fit an S on an X, you will probably have less wheel travel and the back of the bike will sit lower.

Hey peeps thanks for all the awesome info!

Quick question: if I were to use a longer shock, what would be the first issue I would run into if it were too long? Would it be the the shock spring touching the mounting point on the swingarm at full extension? Theoretically, how long should I have to go to reach that point?

I'm trying to do the math but am missing a few angles that are super hard to measure to really do this accurately :p Mostly around the shock mount & linkage...

A simpler way to ask this is basically: what's the longest possible shock that the NC700x could support, when fully extended...?

Thanks!

Back