• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Real performance mods (legal) for NC700X

The reason for the stripped ST1300 response is,

I dont think More H.P./torque will happen with our great mileage NC700's

The reason for the stripped ST1300 response is,

I dont think More H.P./torque will happen with our great mileage NC700's

Agreed, but I can't see any similar appreciable weight loss going on with an NC700, to the tune of stripping an ST1300 by hundreds of pounds, without either costing outrageous big bucks, and/or so morphing the 700, as to be unrecognisable.

Of course if I were a rich man, I would buy you a round of beer or beverage of choice for every pound you were able to shave off your NC700 compared to my attempts, in a good old fashioned, friendly bike modding rivalry, for bragging rights and admiration of cool custom fabricating. At that point, Super or Turbocharging would be high on my want to experiment with list too.

Maybe a Nitrous system will be the only "real" way to measurably up any performance numbers, with minimal cost and other non-reversable mods. Up until something goes kerblooie in the long stroke engine, of course.

Siiiiigh. Where is the winning Lotto ticket when you want it.

I replaced my engine, frame, wheels, seat and everything else with this, and ended up with a nearly 40% increase in horse power!! :p
feb2a458-000e-469b-af67-dab319ed67cd.jpg

I do miss the frunk and higher MPG, but 50mpg is nothing to sneeze at...and the roll on power at highway speeds is quite nice...

Last edited:
I wound the needle off my scale years ago, it just can not go that high. Don't have to worry about it this way.8.jpg

SmileyWeightLifter.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
A Obvious major weight reduction can be had with our NC700X!!

step one:
remove engine.

Step two:
mount pedals.

That should be good for about a 100-LBS loss

Actually, it wouldn't be hard to get 20% better performance (1/4 mile and top speed) out of an NC700 along with much better fuel milage. Just add a fairing like the one the people in the Vetter high milage contest use.

Vetter

Goose

How about an electric supercharger, it would obviously require some engineering to fit, but I'm sure it's possible one way or another. Would also likely do even better with an aftermarket exhaust, and may require tuning to keep from running lean under boost. I have no clue what kind of power you could expect from a mere 1 to 1.7psi.

eRacing :: Products

You are right, I assume the electrical system of our motorcycle could only sustain it in a short burst IF at all (it is intended to come on under wide open throttle only.) Then with the possibility of running lean while it's running, and all that would be in tailed in avoiding that. I really don't think there is a realistic worth while performance gain in this motor considering cost and effort against the benefit (I think money is better spent on suspension than engine in this case) , never the less I'm willing to keep an open mind. Anyone else?

Having looked at a few forced induction methods that might suit this bike, I think the easiest way to boost the power would be a tuner and a bottle of nitrous in the frunk. Aerocharger has a few nice, self contained turbos that might work, but that's still a lot of fabrication. Doable, I think, but costly and time consuming. If I ever hit the big money it will be on the top of my list to find out just what is possible though.

Back