• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Real performance mods (legal) for NC700X

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
....so far none I saw.

Can some of you post your findings?

Lets say it should be easily done at a home garage, with at least 10-20% performance improvement.

:eek:

You are wanting 10 - 20% increase out of less than 700cc? Your best bet is to trade for a cbr 600. You aren't going to get that kind of increase without serious reliability issues. You can't make this into something its not (Honda designed it to get great mileage).

Thanks for the replies.

I (capital I) am not looking for performance kits or screwing around the Honda fuel economy.

I just posted this question to see if anyone has found something for the NCX which is substantially boosting performance.

For me, a nice sounding and good looking pipe, and a freer-flowing air filter could be the only "mods" which will not uptune the bike too much to upset the balance.
For now, and a very long time, I am going with stock everything.
:rolleyes:

Looking forwwrd to the first CBR swap!

No no...if I want, I will buy a SECOND bike.
Maybe the Crossrunner? (wait wait for it...). I will not touch this one. :p
Or say the VFR1200 or something with 200PS.
I like the HP4 too.

But anything at 100PS do not interest me, it is neither here nor there.
I LOVE the NCX purely because it is cheap, quick and looks damm good. It is also 48PS but feels so strong at 62Nm.

All of the above is MY PERSONAL OPINION.
:D

Last edited:
Sorry but your pathetic attempt to get me to rise to this comment has been a complete waste of time
Well, you replied.
Yeah I know it could be difficult for you to rise up but didn't count on you admitting it (just a joke don't become angry ok?)... you've got so much experience (95 bikes) and age (65) and wisdom (millions) and knowledge (trillions)....would you not enlighten us on how real motorcycle moding works? Why not enlighten us? Go on, show us your knowledge and wisdom?
Can you discuss it?
:eek:

With your speed of trading to another bike, it will be quick when we see you switch to another forum. Correct?

Last edited:
You obviously misunderstood my expression I was just saying that your attempt to upset me by dragging the Crossrunner into the conversation yet again would not work.
I have no intention of telling others how to modify their bikes as I'm sure that there are those on here who are much better qualified than me do that plus the fact that different people want different things from their bikes so ergo they will modify them in different ways.
The NC as you know is my commuter bike and I tend to keep them for around 3 years so i guess I will not be changing it anytime soon

Last edited:
Let's be very clear, Mr Rocker. I am not here on this forum nor any other forum to upset YOU.
I sometimes add a jokey statement or harmless dig, to spice up a little.
It is not to spite you nor upset you per se.

However I also hope you extend the same courtesy to me, when you post replies regarding my posts. I get easily upset unlike you.
Thank you.

Honestly I am happy to read your last reply as cordial and fair toned.
I am not English so pardon my poor level of English writing. I also do not think twice cos I am not writing a thesis.

If you don't intend to upset me then why do you keep bringing both my age and my Crossrunner into topics to which they are completely unrelated?.
Please remember why you were twice removed from another NC forum

No not a warning obviously just a reminder. I have no intention of reporting you to anyone. I'm just saying that if you or anyone else posts comments that I disagree with then I reserve the right to reply to them. You I amd anyone else can not expect to post facts or ideas and not expect others to comment on them.
I have been on many motorcycle and football forums (I'm still on many) and in fact I run several Yahoo based forums. In all that time whilst I have obviously had differences of opinions with people I have never met anyone with your I post what I like and nobody is allowed to queery it attitude

No not a warning obviously just a reminder. I have no intention of reporting you to anyone. I'm just saying that if you or anyone else posts comments that I disagree with then I reserve the right to reply to them. You I amd anyone else can not expect to post facts or ideas and not expect others to comment on them.
I have been on many motorcycle and football forums (I'm still on many) and in fact I run several Yahoo based forums. In all that time whilst I have obviously had differences of opinions with people I have never met anyone with your I post what I like and nobody is allowed to queery it attitude

Look ......... I do not wish to comment any more.
This thread is not even about you nor me. It was an honest question about moding the NCX.

I just wish I have started differently with you. The poison is too deep.
You have successfully upset me. You win, I don't want to play any more games with you. I know you are writing very carefully now.
Good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly do NOT use my name on here. If I wanted my name used I would not have a user name
Secondly if really do not want to upset me then do not continue to constantly mention my age and my Crossrunner in topics that do not concern them

Yes your highness. Age and master of many forums.

Please contribute to the contents of the forum and pictures, technical bits etc. That is more important.

Cordial discussions are most welcome, but I have had enough with almost all disagreement posts from you on my posts. You pick on my sentences and nitpick on everything I write.
This was the same in the other forum. You only disagree and bring negativity to my posts and very stingy with praise or positivity. (Defintion of a troll)
It is like you are showing you are the boss and age matters, nothing else. You have so many other forums, why pick on me? I have stopped talking about you. What more do you want? I would think a man of your age would be more magnanimous and generous. But no. You have verified once more, what kind of person you are. You are mean to me.

Ignore me please. There is no need to feel sensitive when I mention AGE or Crossrunner. Most of the time, I am not talking about you, although you thought I was. You are not the center of my universe nor my "target".
I cannot say for sure about the reverse.
I am beginning to hate the Crossrunner for the wrong reason. Yes I also know you are planning to buy the Triumph.

And sorry but you are going back on my ignore list. This will help me. No offense intended to you. I just want to be Happy here, and reading your negative posts just make me puke (upset).

Bye bye.

And if I get banned for writing these, then good luck and happiness to you. You have a knack for making me upset and banned.
The world is a small world, what goes around comes around.

Last edited:
Firstly I am NOT buying a Triumph so thats another incorrect statement about me.
Secondly do you really need to resort to personal abuse? I find this unacceptable on any forum and would never lower myself to partake in this.
I have agreed with you in the past when I have thought that you are right and disagreed when I have thought you are wrong just as you and others have done with me on this and other forums.
If you say that your comments about crossrunners are not aimed at me please explain your comment in line 2 of message 7 in this thread

More performance,

I would love to have a stripped down to naked, ST1300 with a single seat, and everything stripped off of it.

They have a very cool look when totally naked, also drop 150-Lbs+ off of a ST1300 and you will have a bike that is Very Fast, Light, & agile, at 500-Lbs - 550-Lbs and all the power/torque, you could want.

Ahroo?

What a curious zombie thread to dig up and reply about wanting to hop up an ST1300?

This whole thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Go on a Drastic weight loss, and strip absolutely every not needed ounce possible.

Go down to the frame and a seat, you may be able to drop a few Pounds, then gear down a little for more revvs.

Cheapest is a 15h.p. shot of NOS

Back