• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question for Madstad owners

I'm in the process of trying to return the one I bought because of the same issue. I needed at least another inch on each side and that was with the bars set back on Rox Risers.

Edit - guards I have are Barkbusters Storms

Last edited:
No problems at all on my XDE model with the sport windscreen. Maybe it's narrower. Don't have a clutch lever, though.

I'm in the process of trying to return the one I bought because of the same issue. I needed at least another inch on each side and that was with the bars set back on Rox Risers.

Edit - guards I have are Barkbusters Storms

I have barkbuster storms, and the madstad just barely touches the hand guards at full lock... some rox risers should fix that for me. Adjusting the handlebars back a bit more might have fixed it, but then I'd not be able to get the frunk open with the bars at full lock, and it would have been a touch uncomfortable.

I feel like I read elsewhere that some people had no clearance issues with the same setup.

I think the takeaway here is that "it depends." Which is a shaky answer for some one looking to spend a couple hundred dollars on a madstad.

For the record I have a 22" madstad, and I gather from the forums here they've changed the screen shape a few times, as well as added winglets, so what is true of one madstad might not be true of another purchased at a different time... would be nice if they had some sort of versioning system in place.

The change of shape was my problem. On the website I ordered the SD-Sport model that is the smallest on the bottom. The model I received was the Adventure which is the new shape for the NC. It appears to be wider on the bottom than the SD-Sport is. If I was running the stock bike the Adventure would probably have been a pleasant surprise, in my case it's just a return that I need to deal with.

uploadfromtaptalk1441823465162.jpg

Madstad with rox 2" risers and bark busters. No clearance issues.

Didn't expect that with the screen protruding out so much, it will still hit the levers.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Back