• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebars hitting windscreen

titfart

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with 2" risers causing the bars to "bump" their madstad windscreen? It's only happening on slow tight turns, but it's still annoying. I'd prefer not to put bar end mirrors on because I really don't like the look tbh. Any suggestions?

Has anyone else had issues with 2" risers causing the bars to "bump" their madstad windscreen? It's only happening on slow tight turns, but it's still annoying. I'd prefer not to put bar end mirrors on because I really don't like the look tbh. Any suggestions?

No. I have had a Madstad screen with 1.2, 2, and 3.2 inch handlebarbar rise, with hand guards installed, and never had interference

Your post confuses me a little, as you mentioned the handlebars bumping, then talked about switching to bar end mirrors. Is the handlebar what is contacting the windscreen or is it the stock mirror? If mirror contact is the problem, adjust the mirror stalk.

Typical 2” risers are angle adjustable. Also, the handlebars can be rotated in the clamps. If the handlebar makes contact, have you looked into changing the handlebar mounting position?

Thread moved to NC700 Mods.

No. I have had a Madstad screen with 1.2, 2, and 3.2 inch handlebarbar rise, with hand guards installed, and never had interference

You mentioned the handlebars bumping, then talked about mirrors. Is the handlebar what is contacting tge windscreen or is it the mirror? If mirror contact is the problem, adjust the mirror stalk.

Typical 2” risers are angle adjustable. Also, the handlebars can be rotated in the clamps. If the handlebar makes contact, have you looked into changing the handlebar mounting position?

Thread moved to NC700 Mods.
Well goddammit I'm dumb hahaha. It was the mirrors not the bars. I'll adjust the stalks and go from there. Thank you

The first generation Madstad "sport" screens were narrower than the touring or adventure style template. Madstad dropped the sport template at some point. I've had both a first gen sport and a second gen adventure style. Barkbusters on my bike with the adventure style did contact the lower outside corners of the screen, I just trimmed off 1/2" or 1" off the lower edges of the screen and moved on with life. Great windshield - turns the bike into a machine you can take to far away places.

risers up & back then rotate the bars down to miss the screen on full turn..readjust mirrors to suit

Back