• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pulled the trigger

If you haven't already done it, I highly recommend the seat slope mod.
Seat mod......slope change

The seat mod seems to work quite well for most folks. For me it raised the front of the seat just a little too high and that made mounting and dismounting the seat a chore. I had my seat redone by Spencer:

Page 1

I gave it a month to break-in and now the seat is quite comfy. I found myself still sliding forward a bit and added this mod:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/8724-skid-stop-butt-gripper.html

I was on the bike for a four hour tour yesterday, no sliding forward, no sore butt.

As the OP, I don't want to turn this into a seat thread--there are plenty of those--but I have to share that I did the seat slope mod this morning (aluminum bar and chair tips--about 30 minutes) and went for a 50 mile ride.

Unfortunately, while it reduced the tendency to "roll" forward (the new seat cover grips so well you don't slide forward), the seat is still very uncomfortable for me. I guess I should give it a while and see if it improves, but I'm honestly pretty certain it won't improve enough for 8-9 hour days. The contact patch is just too small, too hard, and poorly shaped. So, it looks like a Sargent or Seat Concepts is in my near future. Bummer.

Honda--are you listening? You need a new seat designer.

Last edited:
Early impressions: (1) Honda's seat designer is a sadist, (2) the bike handles like a dream, (3) the low-end grunt is excellent, (4) there's amazingly little vibration for a twin, (5) the Chiclet-sized windshield is all I need (I like fresh air), (6) the frunk will hold a small pony or a case of beer, but not both, and (7) I'm sold on the DCT, especially around town..

Coongrats on your new bike. I completely agree about the seat being designed by a sadist. I think that is going to be the first thing I switch out.

Hi Viper Driver, congrats on the bike! totally agree about the seat. Ive treated mine to a personally designed one, with a little scottishism. £150, my bottom is very grateful lol!

aimage.jpg

Hi Viper Driver, congrats on the bike! totally agree about the seat. Ive treated mine to a personally designed one, with a little scottishism. £150, my bottom is very grateful lol!

Kool seat on a kool bike, Koolbikegirl. Being of Scottish descent (Morrison), I appreciate the price. Wish I could find a hungry upholsterer who'd like to make a name for him/herself in the NC700 world. There are a lot of sore bottomed customers out there.

Congrats on your new bike! You obviously made a very informed decision and I'm glad your satisfied with your choice.

Congratulations! You went thru the same process as I ( and probably most on here) did and the NC has not disappointed in the year and 6k miles since I picked it up. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Welcome ViperDriver! I have a 2015 nc700x dct and have added a Shad comfort seat. What a difference! I use sport mode exclusively and find it shifts almost always when I would. If not, I use the paddle shifters to go up or down as needed. Enjoy your bike and ride safely.

excellence choice.
I've got a DCT to,I ride two up all the time and average about 70mpg some time more.
not going to get involve with this seat malarky,I've said enough already.
I don't know if looks like that but certainly feels after a long ride.lol
a5okrwh3htmgtqmd6kkk.jpg

Back