• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pulled from winter hibernation!

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Yesterday (3/18/2014), I managed to get home from work with the sun still up and air temp above 50F, my riding limit. Pulled the battery tender off the X and wheeled it on to the driveway. I checked the tires air pressure, after 5 months of storage the front was 23PSI and the rear was 33PSI. Not bad! I stored it at exactly the recommended pressures just to see how the pressure loss would be after long storage.

Checked all the fluids, pumped the brakes a bit, checked over the chain, cleaned the dust off the motorcycle, pulled the exhaust plug. Then started it up. No difference! It started extremely fast, just like it usually does, no cranking for more than a second!

What was unusual was the amount of water dripping out the exhaust. I don't recall that much accumulating last year's storage, or ever. I let it idle for 5 minutes or so as I checked more parts over, and brought out my cold weather riding equipment. Suited up and went around the neighborhood! max speed 25 MPH! Woot! was a cool ride, but doable.

Got home 20 minutes later, put the X away and hooked it up to the battery tender again, be about 2 weeks until the weather warms up/stops raining again. Back to reality.

This winter sucks.

Last edited:
Back