• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig rear hugger pics

terryinfla

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on a Puig rear hugger and took some detailed photos that I thought I would share with you. When I was thinking of buying this hugger I really wanted to see detailed photos but I could never find them. I almost went with the pyramid hugger, but I did not like the idea if zip tying it on, so I am glad I paid a couple extra dollars and went with the puig. The quality is very good and it is very solid once mounted. Installation took me about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 884
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 894
  • IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 908
I got it from Revzilla which have them in stock for $142.00 with free shipping. I actually had Revzilla bucks from previous purchases so my out the door price was a little less. I checked many web sites but could only locate it on Revzilla and Amazon but Amazon had a 6 week delivery date.

Is the Revzilla one the matte black (6038J) or the carbon look (6038C)? The matte black looks a bit more like it's stock and the carbon has a more bling-bling "look at me" look. I'm a bit more low key so it would be matte black for me.

I'm in the middle over the Puig or the SkidMarx hugger. I'm planning to put in an upgraded rear shock and I want to keep it from the elements as much as possible.

I got it from Revzilla which have them in stock for $142.00 with free shipping. I actually had Revzilla bucks from previous purchases so my out the door price was a little less. I checked many web sites but could only locate it on Revzilla and Amazon but Amazon had a 6 week delivery date.

Thanks! I had checked Revzilla sometime before winter and they didn't have it listed. Glad they have it now. Guess I need to get back into buying mode. It would have made a good mother's day gift for my wife. :rolleyes:

Just got back in town Terry and saw the pics you posted here. The Puig really looks like a great fit and should help keep the rear cleaned up.

What is the purpose of that? It looks too far forward on the tire to stop most spray upwards to rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeps the road mash off the rear suspension area.

WHAT?? that hugger is about much use as a chocolate fire guard keeping crap off the shocks.
huggers need to go past the center of the tire to be of any use.
why do these manufacturers make these useless huggers.all show but thats it.
sorry for being blunt but some time it needs it and this one does.

No offense taken Johnakay, but that's the general purpose of the design. If that one doesn't work as it should, then the manufacturer is misleading for sure.

Mudguards For the bike model Honda NC700X 2012 | Puig
http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/honda-nc-700x-2012/rear-mudguards/c171en/f453-r31-m3146/
To keep clean your undertail, nothing works better than rear huggers. PUIG designs and produce three types of rear fenders in ABS thermoformed plastic, ...

Last edited:
I am really sorry pprior and johnakay, you see this was really my first post on this site which included pictures and I was confused because I bought and installed a farkle that I thought others may be interested in. I have read about others doing home made projects to protect their rear suspension and this was my money and my bike, if this item does 10 percent of what it is advertised to do I will be happy with my purchase.

In the future I will ask your permission before I foolishly try to contribute.

I think pprior was just asking the purpose of the hugger for the bike. Don't take it personal. Forums have lot's of opinions, information and knowledge shared by the members. Makes it why I like to spend a little time here. The Puig Hugger looks great on the bike, the pics were well done and you can give us a review of how it works after some wet riding. I'll be looking forward to it!

I am really sorry pprior and johnakay, you see this was really my first post on this site which included pictures and I was confused because I bought and installed a farkle that I thought others may be interested in. I have read about others doing home made projects to protect their rear suspension and this was my money and my bike, if this item does 10 percent of what it is advertised to do I will be happy with my purchase.

Don't take it personally and get your nose too out of joint my friend, lol ;)

It's just two guys with a bit of differing take on the subject; having a difference of opinion can get under people's skin and be taken poorly, sometimes to the consternation of either party. It's seldom meant maliciously. :)

I have had it happen on more than one occasion here, (and even today as a matter of fact lol) but *shrug* whaddya do, eh? :eek:

ooh mate don't take hard and no need to be sorry.
we all have our own ideas and opinions ..some good and bad.
for me if your going to fit some thing to do a job then that is what it should do.
some time we have to improvise if its not doing it job fully etc.
I've got a skidmark (not on ma pants ya know;)) hugger.
that does it job but not fully so I made a flap and fitted just in front of the shocks.
theres a review of it not just mine others to.
you'll have to search for it.john

I bought and installed a farkle that I thought others may be interested in.

Gidday mate. I've been looking at this hugger and haven't been able to get my mitts on any decent pics until now. Thx for them. Very interested in what you think of it once you've been in the wet a bit. Waiting for a review...

Back