• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Proper introduction

TomInOregon

Reaction score
Visit site
I posted previously to get an idea of passing power, now that I purchased mine, I figured I should make a proper introduction. I have been riding for about 9 years so far. I spent 1 or 2 years on a Suzuki GZ250, then replaced it with a Honda ST1100 which my wife and I took several longer camping trips on. I will be selling that one since I purchased the NC700x. The NC700x rides a lot like my old GZ250, it just feels light and flickable. Unfortunately, my helmet (a Caberg Justissimo with Sena bluetooth unit) will not fit into the frunk. Even with the bluetooth off, it won't fit inside. I will have to get another helmet down the road I suppose, but I was hoping it would work. I was surprised to see that there aren't really any usable provisions for helmet attachment on the motorcycle. What if you had a passenger? There is a loop under the back seat, but you would need a D-ring extender to use it and it is still awkward to get to. Anyway, just some observations. I got the saddlebags and trunk for mine to get around the helmet storage issue (along with all of the other accessories).

Thanks,
Tom

Welcome to the club Tom. Sounds like you know your way around a bike so I'm sure you'll enjoy this little beauty. It was such a bummer for me when I opened the frunk, tried to place my XXL Scorpion 900 helmet in and wasn't even close to fitting. I bought the helmet about a week before I decided to trade my old bike for the NC7. Wish I would have waited on the helmet but "stole" it on the internet! There are way bigger problems in the world though so I have gotten over the frunk/helmet problem! Have fun!

Welcome Tom from Utah!

The little wire helmet cable in the tool kit is pretty easy to use with the under seat hook, but if not there are other alternatives..

Welcome Tom from Utah!

The little wire helmet cable in the tool kit is pretty easy to use with the under seat hook, but if not there are other alternatives..

Ah, that is good to know about. The dealer still has my NC700x, so I haven't broken into the toolkit or anything else yet. I drove the car down for the test ride, so I couldn't bring it home. I'll get it on Tuesday. Thank you for the information!

Welcome aboard! From North Carolina

There are very few places I've been, in the 36 years I've been riding, where I didn't feel comfortable leaving my helmet on the mirror, so if it's a security issue your worried about, your probably OK. There are always those few cases though where someone is bold enough to sype a helmet off a bike... but I can't remember anyone I know ever having it happen to them.

However it IS nice to KEEP your helmet in the Frunk. I like that I don't have to carry it out to the bike or into the house before and after riding.

I use a Riderlink comm system to listen to my cell, gps, etc and it's nice to just toss it into the helmet along with my gloves and heat-out helmet liner. I keep a dryer sheet in the bottom of the frunk to keep things smelling nice and fresh.

Back