• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Problem!!!.

I dropped the bike off at the dealer about 3 hours ago and they just called back.They say there is nothing wrong with the bike,they grabbed a new one off the showroom floor and it sounds the same and has the same vibration.All I know is that is was smoother and did not vibrate the first 350 miles.They are leaving the new one next to mine so I can compare them tomorrow.They think it just might be breaking in a bit.
But before I took it down there I installed the Honda high windscreen and it worked GREAT !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal or abnormal engine noise is in the ear of the beholder............normal engine noise will change with simply pulling the clutch lever ( gear noise).

Also depends on what your used to example Ducati clutch, gear drive cams etcetera

In the exact same machine.............Some my never hear a noise while others are bothered to no end.

Last edited:
I didn't really notice much of s problem while riding,it was at idle and when you would rev it while sitting still.

I wonder if it could be a loose bolt somewhere or a body panel harmonic?
Have you checked to see if everything is tight?

I checked what I could see.It will be going in the shed soon for it's first service and to install the saddlebag mounts and centerstand,I will check as much as I can then.
I did rev up the new one today next to mine and I THINK mine vibs more but they didn't,so maybe it's just breaking in and thats what it's supposed to do.

I've got about 14k miles on mine now. I've noticed it vibrates quite a bit more than it used to. I thought maybe it was the tires since I'm halfway through a second rear and still on the first front.

Nope, smooth as silk at any speed up to 80+ when I pull in the clutch.

I was reading this thread.same thing just started with mine.its a little more vibration at idle pull in clutch goes away some.at speed almost like idle to high.i understand its all breaking in.im at 700 miles.the dealer did the 600 check.they put in 10w40.my question is should i dump it and go with 10w30 like the manual says or maybe it won't make a difference.

I was reading this thread.same thing just started with mine.its a little more vibration at idle pull in clutch goes away some.at speed almost like idle to high.i understand its all breaking in.im at 700 miles.the dealer did the 600 check.they put in 10w40.my question is should i dump it and go with 10w30 like the manual says or maybe it won't make a difference.

10W-40 is approved by Mother Honda's service manual. Leave it in there.

Greg

Back