• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Over 4 years with my NC

mtbmike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to shout out the NC just made history early this last week. It's official out of all the motorcycles I have had over my life (and it's alot) the little NC is now the motorcycle I have had the longest without selling it dethroned my RC51 as the past longest. It's been over 4 years now since I bought my left over 2012 NC in October of 2013 and still Loving the bike. It's got just shy of 26,000 miles. It would have more but I put 11,000 on my Africa twin last year and didn't ride the NC all that much but she is back to fulfilling duty's as always love my little nc and love riding it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just curious, how would you compare the Africa Twin vs the NC?
Night and day really. The NC is much more compact with way more leg bend. My AT is much more opened up in the cockpit feels much more nutral for the rider. Suspension is light years better than the NC . What I love about the NC however is the size for everyday commuting and the ease of maintenance over the AT because I do ride alot. I'm gonna have to check valves soon on the AT and I'm not looking forward to it.

Cool. I bought my nc700x in July 2013; however, unless i get rid of my 2007 Suzuki C50, the Honda wont become the longest owned bike in my garage. I bought the C50 in October 2007. Even though I have 42,000+ miles on the Honda now, the C50 now has over 85,000 miles (close to 86,000). The Suzuki is my main commuter bike as my commute is 76 miles round trip with 60 miles on the superslab and thru a major metropolitan area (has a bigger foot print and cagers give it a little more respect-only a little). The NC is my weekend or vacation bike now. It has been to Florida and at least 2 times a year it makes a trip to the Smoky Mountains (I know Mo). During spring, summer, and early fall, I usually put 150-200 miles on the Honda on Saturday or Sunday (sometimes both days). It may be a while before I ride again-winter is a-coming. Forecast for tonight is rain/sleet/snow (more snow north of Louisville-where I live) and highs over the weekend in low 40s at my house and lows in the 20s.

My NC700X, assuming I still have it then, will become my longest owned motorcycle sometime after 2028. The champ so far is a 1982 Suzuki GS850G at 16 years, with runner up 2002 Honda GL1800 at 13 years and still counting.

Last edited:
My NC700X, assuming I still have it then, will become my longest owned motorcycle sometime after 2028. The champ so far is a 1982 Suzuki GS850G at 16 years, with runner runner up 2002 Honda GL1800 at 13 years and still counting.
That's great man I still have a long way to go lol.

After doing the valve clearance this past weekend, I love the NC700X even more. I thought having to remove the coolant would be a huge pain but it was super easy and loved having all that space to do the clearance check properly. And not to mention you only need to do it every 16,000 miles. I commute on mine and love the reliability, efficiency and versatility of the bike and expect to keep it as long as possible. I might however, add a second bike that's more dirt worthy down the road.

After doing the valve clearance this past weekend, I love the NC700X even more. I thought having to remove the coolant would be a huge pain but it was super easy and loved having all that space to do the clearance check properly. And not to mention you only need to do it every 16,000 miles. I commute on mine and love the reliability, efficiency and versatility of the bike and expect to keep it as long as possible. I might however, add a second bike that's more dirt worthy down the road.
Yes this is one of the biggest reasons I love my NC. The best reason is the gas milage[emoji16]

I just had my 5 year anniversary, bought the first production year. 41K miles and counting! I had long thought about upgrading to an Africa Twin but just can't justify spending that much money for a commuter. The NC fits the bill so well that I might get another one once this one dies (if it ever does...).

Dammit! The 5th year anniversary for owning my NC, and 10th year for my CBR125R, blew past with me completely forgetting about them! Auuugh :mad:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but at 26 years and counting, my longest still owned vehicle has 4 wheels (1991 Suzuki Samurai) and not two...

I think my longest bike(s) is a close tie between my '81 and '82 RD350LC's, and my '82 CX500Turbo, all at somewhere around 17-ish years.

Siiiigh. I sure miss those. :(

I've owned 12 different bikes since riding from 1966. 2 non Honda- BMW F800 and Motus.
The longest stint was a CB900 of about 15 years.

I've owned 12 different bikes since riding from 1966. 2 non Honda- BMW F800 and Motus.
The longest stint was a CB900 of about 15 years.

You have a Motus?!! They brought one to the MSTA regional in Marietta, OH this year and I declined the nice offer of a test ride. That's just too much raw bike for me at my stage of riding experience and having a young family!!

April was my four year anniversary and it is also the longest I have ever owned a bike. Primarily for the reason you stated. I commute to work everyday and this bike is perfect for that scenario. I miss my CBRs but can't imagine riding one of them to work everyday after having this bike.

Were any valves out of adjustments

Had my 92 750 nighthawk for 14 years, miss that bike ( hydraulic valves) Still enjoying the 700x. Was going to wait on buying the 700x and look at the Africa Twin , then , found out the AT had shimmed valves......bought the 700x : ).

I'm at 4 years so far, and each time I think of getting rid of it, it finds a way to win my heart over again. Must be the fact that you can basically do all the maintenence with a $20 socket set and a screw driver.

I just keep riding it to and from work, every week, all the time. Clicked around 40k miles recently and will be close to due for another valve adjustment and oil change soon.

Congrats on your 4 years with the NC. I will probably be hanging onto the NC until a similar footprint practical electric motorcycle is available. The technology in electric vehicles is advancing quite nicely now so maybe that will come along in the next 5 years or so. So I will be hanging tight to the NC for some time. Really enjoy the NC. Once of the nicest bikes I have owned over the years for all around practicality and frugality. Hoping it holds up as long as I need her.

Back