• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x

Took the Corbin off the bike last night.

The "tab" on the front side of the Corbin is a metal tab, unlike the plastic one of the front end of the Honda seat. Seemed like there was a little bit of room to install 2 rubber risers under the seat. So I found a couple suitable risers, each just about 1/4" tall. Nice squeeze of silicone sealant onto each of the 2 pieces and stuck them to the bottom of seat's support bumpers.

Slipped the seat back into the stock tab and it works. Fastened the 2 rear screws and I now have a Corbin with a little less front slope and still no gap. Did not take it for a ride last night to see if a 1/4" makes enough difference but I will do that a bit later today. Early doctor's appointment, followed by a meeting, then errands will occupy morning and early afternoon so the bike ride and seat test will wait until afternoon.

Good morning from Minnesota!

Just bought a 2019 NC750X....new. I looked around this morning for a seat from Corbin, Sargent and Mustang and none fit this year and make. Corbin said were not gonna go past 2016 because there was a tank/storage compartment length change that makes them different i guess. Has anyone had any luck finding an off the shelf seat for this bike thats not a custom build? Thank you!

Some people really like seat concepts. They send you a cushion and cover that you staple on to your factory seat pan, or you can send it to them and they’ll install it for a small fee. It’s not an expensive option, around $200 or so. Like any seat, works for this guy, not that one.

Good morning from Minnesota!

Just bought a 2019 NC750X....new. I looked around this morning for a seat from Corbin, Sargent and Mustang and none fit this year and make. Corbin said were not gonna go past 2016 because there was a tank/storage compartment length change that makes them different i guess. Has anyone had any luck finding an off the shelf seat for this bike thats not a custom build? Thank you!
I ordered from Corbin's website!

Mine is a 2018 which is pretty much identical to your 2019 except for the color. Seats from 2016 to 2019 are interchangeable.

Here is a copy/paste of my email confirmation from Corbin (address deleted) take notice of the MODEL and the YEAR of my bike in their order confirmation!

Date = 6-18-19
Customer Number = 30xxx
Order Number = 158xxx
Billing Name = Robert xxxxxxx
Billing Address = xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx St
Billing City = xxxxx
Billing State = IN
Billing Country = United States
Billing Phone Number = 219-xxx-xxxx
Billing Email Address = [email protected]
Mailing Name = Robert xxxxxxxx
Mailing Address = xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx St
Mailing City = xxxxxxxx
Mailing State = IN
Mailing Country = United States
Shipping Method = Ground
Order Quantity = 2
Order Subtotal = $ 393.00
Sales Tax = $ 0.00
Shipping Costs Calculated Later = $ 0.00
Order Subtotal = $ 393.00
Height = 6
Weight = 200
Inseam = 33
MAKE = Honda
MODEL = NC750x
YEAR = 2018
COLOR = red

Terms = CORBIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE

Last edited:
Rode to my fencing club tonight on the newly adjusted Corbin with the 1/4” front slope shims in place. Even at only a 1/4” of added height to the front of the seat it was a noticeable improvement.

These are great comments and i do appriecate them! I think i will try the Corbin once i see what there restocking charge might be just in case. I work in a mfg/machine shop so to make a spacer or 2 should work out. Short distances i have no worries Just the 1/2 hour or longer ones gets my butt a hurtin! This is my first adventure bike. Been looking really only at this model as my origin comes from a late 60's Honda z50 and then the ct70's. Honda is what my dad bought and so will i. they are remarkable with there reliability! Rode a HD Supergluide the last 9 years. Wanted something different. Love this bike so far. 400 miles on it. 67 mpg avg on these short trip of around 10 miles to work and home.

Thank you again!

As a general observation on NC7x0X seats and their lack of comfort, I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not all about the seat. I’m not a total butt wimp, as I just rode my GL1800 (with a mostly stock seat) for 9000 miles in 24 days with ZERO butt discomfort. With 7 years of NC ownership and experience as of this month, I simply can’t yet find that level of comfort in any NC seat. I’ve tried stock, Shad, Seat Concepts, Sargent, Saddlemen, and Russell seats, along with combinations using an Airhawk cushion or sheepskin. None of them work, and I believe the reason is the foot peg and handlebar locations on the NC. The foot pegs are too far rearward, and the bars (even with 2” risers) too low and forward. It’s not possible for me to sit squarely on my buttocks, rather the pelvis is forced to roll forward to accommodate the bar/peg locations. I’ll continue my quest for NC seat comfort, but hearing how the Corbin already requires the “showkey mod” to fix the slope, I’m going to skip trying that one.

Even the seat on my CRF250L Rally, that looks like a vinyl covered 2x6, is more comfortable than my NC seat because the pegs and bars are in the right place for me (5’8” height, 32” legs).

Last edited:
As a general observation on NC7x0X seats and their lack of comfort, I’ve come to a conclusion that it’s not all about the seat. I’m not a total butt wimp, as I just rode my GL1800 (with a mostly stock seat) for 9000 miles in 24 days with ZERO butt discomfort. With 7 years of NC ownership and experience as of this month, I simply can’t yet find that level of comfort in any NC seat. I’ve tried stock, Shad, Seat Concepts, Sargent, Saddlemen, and Russell seats, along with combinations using an Airhawk cushion or sheepskin. None of them work, and I believe the reason is the foot peg and handlebar locations on the NC. The foot pegs are too far rearward, and the bars (even with 2” risers) too low and forward. It’s not possible for me to sit squarely on my buttocks, rather the pelvis is forced to roll forward to accommodate the bar/peg locations. I’ll continue my quest for NC seat comfort, but hearing how the Corbin already requires the “showkey mod” to fix the slope, I’m going to skip trying that one.

Even the seat on my CRF250L Rally, that looks like a vinyl covered 2x6, is more comfortable than my NC seat because the pegs and bars are in the right place for me (5’8” height, 32” legs).

I think you’re on the right track. I remember my Gold Wing and all the miles I could cover with zero discomfort. Also my Road King in its stock configuration. Certainly different animals in every department like suspension, etc. but the butt-factor is what matters most. To your point, I have a Royal Enfield Himalayan which again is an entirely different critter but amazingly comfortable even with its low price point stock “everything”. The difference is the peg position vs the seat angle and height vs the bar reach and height. That perfect (for my 5’11” 32” 172 pound) triangle that is always spoken of. I ride that thing all day long and never once find myself thinking of any backside discomfort. Honda, and most bikes, really, always seem to just miss it when it comes to those critical angles that make the ergos of one bike terrible and another “just right “ despite perhaps being a lesser machine in most other categories. Guess that’s why every motorcycle involves trade-offs and compromises and why we are never completely satisfied with just one - speaking of myself of course. :cool: Adding highway pegs to my NC really shouldn’t have been necessary in my opinion and don’t seem to go with the style of the bike, but they do give me that edge when it comes to hanging in there tank-full after tank-full or diving off repeatedly at rest stops short of the goal.

I could always ditch it and just find another bike but then that ugly Trade-off scenario pops back up and for me, the NC is just too well rounded in so many other categories to let her go.

Last edited:
With you experience in this forum has anyone tried to adjust/modify the location of pegs and or bars? These are great insight! Every person is different and bike is different. i wonder if a riser on the bars would be enough to cure this issue?

With you experience in this forum has anyone tried to adjust/modify the location of pegs and or bars? These are great insight! Every person is different and bike is different. i wonder if a riser on the bars would be enough to cure this issue?

I have added risers to mine and also modified the seat slightly. Both changes helped a lot. Also use a gel-pad/Airhawk combo and now have highway pegs. That’s about all I’m willing to spend on adjusting that “triangle“. It’s tolerable now and I don’t hesitate to go long on trips. But as you say, we’re all different and ya just have to dial it in as best you can to suit you.

I’ve had 2 inch risers on the bars since way back in the beginning. I’m thinking of going for a 4 inch bar rise soon. My custom front brake hose is already longer than stock, and I have a CTX700 clutch cable that is 4 inches longer than the stock NC cable. I have longer throttle cables, too. What I need to do is make extensions for the electrical cables on each side, then I can try 4 inch risers.

I don't know of anyone trying to move the main foot pegs and controls, but forward mounted highway pegs are common.

I’ve had 2 inch risers on the bars since way back in the beginning. I’m thinking of going for a 4 inch bar rise soon. My custom front brake hose is already longer than stock, and I have a CTX700 clutch cable that is 4 inches longer than the stock NC cable. I have longer throttle cables, too. What I need to do is make extensions for the electrical cables on each side, then I can try 4 inch risers.

I don't know of anyone trying to move the main foot pegs and controls, but forward mounted highway pegs are common.

Where did you get the longer throttle cables?

Where did you get the longer throttle cables?

The Honda CTX700 throttle and clutch cables are longer than the NC700X cables, but the cable ends are the same. So, I obtained the longer throttle cables by ordering the ones for the CTX. I have not needed them with a 2 inch handle bar riser, but expect to need them if I go higher.

Hi @melensdad . Thanks for this thread. This question I'm about to type is splitting hairs. Using the Corbin with the 1/4 inch bumper rise, would you say the OEM seat slope is substantially improved, not at all, or somewhere in-between?

I'd say it is somewhat improved. Corbin sort of screwed up by not fixing the problem during their design process. So a 1/4" rise is an improvement. A 1/3" would probably be perfect (for me) but you may be happy with 1/4"

I'd say it is somewhat improved. Corbin sort of screwed up by not fixing the problem during their design process. So a 1/4" rise is an improvement. A 1/3" would probably be perfect (for me) but you may be happy with 1/4"
Thank you. I received a response from Corbin today. In their email they assured me the current design corrects the slope. I’m going to try 200 miles this weekend on the SC.

Back