• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin Seat on 2021 NC750X Review

NCKidx

Reaction score
Visit site
I have about 2 months of riding on this seat now. Before I had this seat all I would ever think about is the pain in my hinny every where I rode. The stock seat is wide but it’s like sitting on a dirt bike seat after 10 mins. After I installed this Corbin seat now all I think about is where too. I don’t think about my hinny any longer. It’s range is about just about a tank of fuel (due to my age).The Corbin Seat is a quality seat, no doubt about it. I have and had seat concepts, Bill Mayer, Sargent, and another Corbin on a Versys. The Corbin Seats are firm but the dishing in the material cups my hind end perfectly. It’s worth the money! Now I need highway pegs to stretch out my old legs on those longer rides. 9059C107-52C9-408B-9678-B85AEBDFE185.jpegA6CA150A-3BF7-41AE-A955-FFB6603E81FD.jpeg

Man, every time I convince myself I do not have to spend any more money on my bike I see a post like this and once again am convinced I need to change the seat on my 2022 NC. Glad you like it and shared your experience.

I have had Corbins on many of my bikes and always loved them. I personally think the shape on the NC is the least comfortable so far, but everyone's butt is different and it is still 10x better than the stock seat if only for the slope difference (on the 2012 anyway).

Just had my seat redone in leather at Rich's in Keyport WA. Wow, what a difference! If you're coming from out of state they have an apartment over the garage you can rent for a nominal fee. People frequently come from Canada to get seats done here. Rich's is the best. NC700 X 2015

Just had my seat redone in leather at Rich's in Keyport WA. Wow, what a difference! If you're coming from out of state they have an apartment over the garage you can rent for a nominal fee. People frequently come from Canada to get seats done here. Rich's is the best. NC700 X 2015
Glad to hear of your success. Can you describe what the process was from start to finish?

I have about 2 months of riding on this seat now. Before I had this seat all I would ever think about is the pain in my hinny every where I rode. The stock seat is wide but it’s like sitting on a dirt bike seat after 10 mins. After I installed this Corbin seat now all I think about is where too. I don’t think about my hinny any longer. It’s range is about just about a tank of fuel (due to my age).The Corbin Seat is a quality seat, no doubt about it. I have and had seat concepts, Bill Mayer, Sargent, and another Corbin on a Versys. The Corbin Seats are firm but the dishing in the material cups my hind end perfectly. It’s worth the money! Now I need highway pegs to stretch out my old legs on those longer rides. View attachment 49205View attachment 49206
NCKidX. Nice front seat. Some questions for you:

1. I took a look at Corbin's website and am wondering when you ordered the seat what you requested from them on the order form such as Seat; SIdes; Welt, and Stitching.
2. DId you order your seat from Corbin in California or from their Daytona, Florida location?
3. Did you encounter any problems with the fitment of the new front seat with the pillion seat since it appears you left that stock?
4. After many months of riding what's your impression now?

I now that's a lot to ask but I, like you and many others, and trying to make a decision about how to make long rides easier on my, uh, seat, if you know what I mean.

Many thanks in advance.

Glad to hear of your success. Can you describe what the process was from start to finish?
Sure. I arrived at Rich's around 8;30 per appointed time. Played with his dog for about 10 minutes then began the process. He had me sit on the bike and looked at my positioning. He knew the seat wasnt right even before I got on. Next the seat cover was removed and I got back on the foam. He had me lean forwards and made some sharpie marks on the foam. Next step remove seat and recontour. replace seat and take a ride to see how it felt. A bit more fine tuning then I met with the person who does cover selection, material, thread color, etc. I opted for the upgrade pebbled leather with smooth sides and red stitching since the bike is red. It was assembled and I rode home. I left around 1:00. This is a busy shop with other projects happening at the same time so I got to hang out and chat with employees, play with the dog, check out other bikes/cars. Very cool place just to visit. Rich is a no BS kind of guy with 45 plus years experience. While I was waiting another customer came in with his street glide that previously had the seat done. It didnt feel quite right after a 6500 mile tour so they re-did the seat no charge. They apparently stand behind their work. Initially I was going to go the least expensive route with just reshaping driver seat and reuse vinyl material. But after seeing the leather I went whole hog and did the passenger seat too. So out the door was around 9 C notes. More than I had planned to spend but whats the value of a happy butt?

Sure. I arrived at Rich's around 8;30 per appointed time. Played with his dog for about 10 minutes then began the process. He had me sit on the bike and looked at my positioning. He knew the seat wasnt right even before I got on. Next the seat cover was removed and I got back on the foam. He had me lean forwards and made some sharpie marks on the foam. Next step remove seat and recontour. replace seat and take a ride to see how it felt. A bit more fine tuning then I met with the person who does cover selection, material, thread color, etc. I opted for the upgrade pebbled leather with smooth sides and red stitching since the bike is red. It was assembled and I rode home. I left around 1:00. This is a busy shop with other projects happening at the same time so I got to hang out and chat with employees, play with the dog, check out other bikes/cars. Very cool place just to visit. Rich is a no BS kind of guy with 45 plus years experience. While I was waiting another customer came in with his street glide that previously had the seat done. It didnt feel quite right after a 6500 mile tour so they re-did the seat no charge. They apparently stand behind their work. Initially I was going to go the least expensive route with just reshaping driver seat and reuse vinyl material. But after seeing the leather I went whole hog and did the passenger seat too. So out the door was around 9 C notes. More than I had planned to spend but whats the value of a happy butt?
Very cool. In and out the same day sounds fantastic. With the foam did he change and reshape new foam or modify the existing?

NCKidX. Nice front seat. Some questions for you:

1. I took a look at Corbin's website and am wondering when you ordered the seat what you requested from them on the order form such as Seat; SIdes; Welt, and Stitching.
2. DId you order your seat from Corbin in California or from their Daytona, Florida location?
3. Did you encounter any problems with the fitment of the new front seat with the pillion seat since it appears you left that stock?
4. After many months of riding what's your impression now?

I now that's a lot to ask but I, like you and many others, and trying to make a decision about how to make long rides easier on my, uh, seat, if you know what I mean.

Many thanks in advance.
1667047113787.jpeg

Sorry took so long to reply, been busy here in the bluegrass state. I attached screenshot of my order. Mine came from Florida location. Mounting seat is a breeze fits perfectly. The only thing different is I kept the rear stock seat. So when you pop it up to refuel you have to tuck the material in with your hand under the Corbin. It’s a tight fit and the rear seat will look wrinkly if u don’t. It only takes couple of seconds. I’m still loving this seat. On long trips I can put my feet on my highway pegs and that changes the pressure on my 54 yr old hinny for instant change in blood flow. Then it’s like setting on a completely different seat. I have been sharing riding time with my other bike Tiger Sport 660. That seat is horrendous, Corbin says that bike is on their wish list. Can’t wait to get it!
The Corbin Seat is top notch quality and fits me perfect. 100% better than the stock slab of foam.
I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with this seat but everyone’s back sides are different.

Last edited:
I just put a Corbin seat on my '22. I share your feelings exactly! I only have about 500 miles with that saddle, but on the one long ride I have done on it (400 miles), it is night and day better. I also kept the stock rear seat, and yes... mine wrinkles a bit too. I'm very pleased so far.

Sorry took so long to reply, been busy here in the bluegrass state. I attached screenshot of my order. Mine came from Florida location. Mounting seat is a breeze fits perfectly. The only thing different is I kept the rear stock seat. So when you pop it up to refuel you have to tuck the material in with your hand under the Corbin. It’s a tight fit and the rear seat will look wrinkly if u don’t. It only takes couple of seconds. I’m still loving this seat. On long trips I can put my feet on my highway pegs and that changes the pressure on my 54 yr old hinny for instant change in blood flow. Then it’s like setting on a completely different seat. I have been sharing riding time with my other bike Tiger Sport 660. That seat is horrendous, Corbin says that bike is on their wish list. Can’t wait to get it!
The Corbin Seat is top notch quality and fits me perfect. 100% better than the stock slab of foam.
I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with this seat but everyone’s back sides are different.
NCKidx, don't give it a second thought. I very much appreciate you taking the time to share the order information and how the Corbin meets your expectations.
Btw I don't know where you are in the Bluegrass state but my family and I lived in Louisville from 1987-1994.
Again, my sincere thanks,
BklynBoy

NCKidx, don't give it a second thought. I very much appreciate you taking the time to share the order information and how the Corbin meets your expectations.
Btw I don't know where you are in the Bluegrass state but my family and I lived in Louisville from 1987-1994.
Again, my sincere thanks,
BklynBoy
I was there too in J town around that time remember that 27” of snow? I’m in eastern Ky last 25 yrs now.

I was there too in J town around that time remember that 27” of snow? I’m in eastern Ky last 25 yrs now.
Actually I remember it quite well now that you mention it. I never would have expected it.
I wasn't too far from you when you were in J-town - off I-64/Shelbyville Rd. I had visited Eastern KY only 2-3 times but great and kind people there as I recall.

Last edited:
Hi Group,

after reading you I think my choice for my future seat will be a corbin! i love my bike the only problem is my ass after a day of riding.

after buying a suitcase for the motorcycle, it's now time to see to the comfort.

Thanks for sharing experience!

Good day

a brother from Quebec

Back