• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ordered a Corbin seat this morning for my NC750x

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have about a 2 hour maximum toleration time before the screaming butt pain starts with the standard seat.

I tired to just get used to it.

Bought some Moto-Skiveez to see if those would help, they do, but not enough.

I tried to tough it out.

I thought maybe I was just a crybaby and needed to ride more and the seat would soften up or form fit to my rear end.

A thousand +++ miles in and the stock seat is still a pain in the butt.

Broke down and sent my credit card information, pledged my first born son, and filled out a second mortgage for a brand spanking new Corbin seat. Hoping this helps.

IKR, i too had that same thought and pulled the trigger last year. I tried the slope fix, slightly better but still a PITB. I scored a really nice Shad/Pillion combo from a guy here and it was better nut still not right. I sold it to another fellow here and grabbed a worn-out/duct taped Corbin that was great at first and then my first long ride just killed me. I ponied up and bought a nearly brand new RDL from a guy here who my height/size/weight(what were the odds right?) and absolutely love it! I still have that ole' Corbin seat, i may just have it recovered and sell it here for someone who has a '12 or whatever year NC it will fit... or not haha. :{)

I had a Corbin on a K-75 RT. 30,000 miles still stiff as a brick and it did not fit my butt. Then I had a Corbin on my 650 Dakar. It looked the same as the one on the K. But this one was a perfect fit and shape to my butt. Still hard as a brick but I could ride all day long. Ya never know.

Good luck with the seat, I'm still searching for NC comfort. Plus I have a hard time understanding how the same company that can make a Gold Wing seat can sell this NC torture device. Don't tell me price point, the Super Cub has a better seat.

I just booked a ride in next Thursday to have a Laam seat made. I had him make one for my Versys and it was great. I live about 3 hours away so it's an easy trip up there, most people ship their seat pan and have their seat shipped back. I'll post pics and a review next week.

When I had my Versys, I tried a Sargent and while I liked the shape, it was hard. Hitting a bump was like getting spanked with a piece of wood, plus I felt like I was sliding all over the seat. I tried to like it, but just couldn't. Bought from Sargent and sent it back during the 30 day trial period. My Laam seat was great, far more comfortable, absorbed bumps really well yet you don't feel like your sinking into a Lazy boy. Fantastic seat. I hope the one for my NC will be just as good.

It will interesting to see how you like the Corbin. I have had Corbins on three other bikes. I thought they were all comfortable..........but..........they were all very very stiff ( aka as a board). Corbin’s theory has always been comfort with support but not with soft cushions.

I have used Corbins for years (Iron and Baby Butt riding). You MUST give it time to break in - at least 1000 miles... If you look at most common bad reviews, it is from folks who install it, ride for a day and then call it quits. The seat is worth the money. I have owned at least 6 of these and have on on my bike now - I can ride all day and never think about my butt or back - mission accomplished.

I believe that Corbin glues the cover to the foam so having a new cover installed is not easy. At least it was that way a few years ago.

Last edited:
I have used Corbins for years (Iron and Baby Butt riding). You MUST give it time to break in - at least 1000 miles... If you look at most common bad reviews, it is from folks who install it, ride for a day and then call it quits. The seat is worth the money. I have owned at least 6 of these and have on on my bike now - I can ride all day and never think about my butt or back - mission accomplished.

Corbin says 2000 miles to break in.

I'm hoping to get it far enough in advance of my trip to get 500+ miles in the saddle before we depart on our long trip. So I'm guessing mine won't be fully broken in!!! I will be taking MotoSkiveez too, so the combination might work for me. The saddle should be fully broken in long before we return home from the trip.

We are looking at running up the East shore of Lake Michigan, all around Superior and then back down the West shore of Michigan. That trip is roughly 2400 door to door. We are flexible enough that we may continue east and follow the shorelines all the way to the St Lawerence Seaway. Just depends upon the weather, the arthritis and the butt stamina. But the trip could theoretically reach 6500 miles if we do the entire Great Lakes Circle. Planning to leave roughly August 10.

melensdad, I have interest also to hear your comments on the Corbin. I had few Corbin seats on different motorcycles; huge comfort improvement with the 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200, Honda ST1100 but not much with the front seat only on my ST1300. It was not as "dished" as the 2 others. When I look at pictures on Corbin site for the NC, I feel there is still a forward slope but photos don't tell everything. Also, for evaluation purposes, it would be nice if you tell us about your stature, weight, inseam... I have a "light" frame 5'-10" 140 lb 32 inseam and not sure the Corbin is designed for me.

For the record: 6’ tall, 33” inseam, 195lbs

Seat won’t arrive for approx 4 weeks so no review anytime soon :(

I contacted the Canadian rep for Corbin yesterday and they said Corbin hasnt got one as yet for the nc750x. Buggers ,,,, did you order one for a 700?

I contacted the Canadian rep for Corbin yesterday and they said Corbin hasnt got one as yet for the nc750x. Buggers ,,,, did you order one for a 700?
I ordered it right off the American website and the photo showed a 700 but when I selected the year and model it came up as 750.

FWIW, 2016-17 NC700x seats are IDENTICAL to the 2018 NC750x seat.

My wife has a '16 700 and I have an 18 750. Parts are 99% interchangeable. 2018 750 got the engine upgrade, full LED light package, traction control. But 100% of the body, brake, seat, wheel, etc parts interchange exactly.

Carter Motorsports

I just saw a 2014 750X at Carter Motorsports in Vancouver today. If your in the area next time maybe you can check it out...might be a good excuse for a front of the line ferry ride :)

I should probably update this thread with a partial review.

The seat arrived 2 weeks after ordering it, probably because I ordered simple black leather, black stitching, black everything with the exception of adding a red Corbin logo. I didn't want the standard, almost shocking white stitched logo and as my bike is red, I opted for the Corbin logo to be red stitching. It looks good, its fairly subtle on the black leather and matches closely to the bike's red color. Full blown custom orders apparently take much longer to receive??? I just wanted comfort and nothing fancy; no strange leather combinations, or color combinations, etc.

As of this morning I've got about 300 miles on the seat. 2 trips at right about 75 miles each. 1 trip at 100 miles. The remaining runs to the fencing club, store, etc and totaled about 25 miles. So about 300 miles into the recommended 1000-2000 mile "Break In Period" that is recommended by Corbin.

As posted in another thread, I can say that the Corbin seat is somewhere between 10x and 100x more comfortable than the stock Honda seat. At least it is for my butt, which I am told is lacking in excess padding and does not strain the seams of my blue jeans.

The leather surface is slippery, and I slide on the seat under breaking. My Rev-it motorcycle pants have "seat grippers" and those have zero ability to hold me in place on the Corbin but they lock me onto the stock Honda seat. It has been suggested that leather conditioner, rubbed into the seat, will correct/minimize this issue. I've not tried that yet but its on my 'to do' list of things to try. I sort of presume that wear and tear will also resolve this over time but leather cream should help and I plan to use it. I suppose I might have chosen some sort of grippy leather surface option if I would order another one of these seats but I'm not at all unhappy.

The seat shape is wider than stock. This is neither a compliment or criticism, just an observation. I'm 6' tall, 195 pounds, 33" inseam and I can flat foot the motorcycle with either the stock or the Corbin seat in place. But with the stock seat there is a bit more room under frank & the beans while I'm standing over the bike, enough for a little breeze or a ray of golden sunshine between the seat and the nether regions. With the Corbin in place there is light contact with the bike while standing, not that it is higher, because it does not appear to be, but rather because it has more spread and surface area. I believe this wider shape makes it more comfortable, but if someone is already having issues with reaching the ground then this seat is probably not the best choice. Even with a lowered bike, I'm glad I did not buy one of these for my wife's NC700x because it would make her reach situation slightly worse.

Corbin does not fix the front leaning seat slope that Honda created for the stock seat. If you don't like the slope of the stock seat then you won't much like the slope of the Corbin, which seems to duplicate the same forward slope. I am probably going to make some sort of front shim to try to reduce the front slope of the Corbin after another ride or two. This is not a criticism, it's just an observation. Some may have zero issue with the front leaning slope, others don't like it. Do as you wish. I will be raising the front a bit to suit me.

For me, the front leaning slope, combined with the slippery leather surface, makes for me adjusting my seating position more frequently than I'd like. But I do like the seat very much. It, along with the Madstadt windscreen, ranks as a top positive modification.

Seriously if you find the NC700x or 750x seats to be worse than medieval torture devices then buy a Corbin. Highly recommended.

Sorry no photos, I'm having issues with Photobucket.

Last edited:
This may seem like a silly question to some, but does Corbin still mandate having their huge logo sewn on the side of the seat, or is it possible to order the seat without that?

I’ve heard others say that the forward slope still exists with the Corbin, so thanks for confirming that.

I’m also a fan of grippy seat covers. I tried a slippery Sargent and I was up on the frunk lid every time I braked hard. Your comments remind me to order a grip seat cover if I decide to try another seat.

This may seem like a silly question to some, but does Corbin still mandate having their huge logo sewn on the side of the seat, or is it possible to order the seat without that?

I’ve heard others say that the forward slope still exists with the Corbin, so thanks for confirming that.

I’m also a fan of grippy seat covers. I tried a slippery Sargent and I was up on the frunk lid every time I braked hard. Your comments remind me to order a grip seat cover if I decide to try another seat.

LOGO: With the "quick order" option you get the logo. Not sure if they mandate a logo for a full custom seat. One of the reasons I ordered the red stitching was to have the logo appear in a much more muted/subtle way. It worked. With red stitching and a red bike the logo actually blends in nicely. I seriously considered getting the logo stitched in black thread, which is another of the no-cost options, and it would effectively cancel out the logo's appearance completely. FWIW, the logo is only on 1 side of the seat, not both.

SLOPE: I'm assuming that some people don't mind the slope, it bothers others. Corbin seems to have maintained the factory slope. Easy enough to shim that up and there are several YouTube fixes for how to eliminate the slope. I don't blame them for retaining it. I don't consider it a detriment that they didn't eliminate it. I think they, like most, try to accommodate as many customers as possible and eliminating the slope would likely 1) reduce padding/comfort or 2) raise the seat on a bike that is considered by many to already be tall.

SLIPPY vs GRIPPY: This is the one area where I would really like to see grip and the Corbin black leather doesn't provide grip. Again, they offer many other options, perhaps if I had chosen one of those other seat options I'd report something completely different. I'm going to apply leather conditioner, which is reported to reduce/eliminate the problem.

Last edited:
Thank you for this review I had a Corbin on a BMW for 40,000 miles some years ago and it was very comfortable though as hard as a park bench. It's all in the shape and how it eliminates hot spots or pressure points.

Regarding the slope there really is "nothing new under the sun". Seat mod......slope change

The slope mod opens a space under the edge and front of the seat and it may be aesthetically unpleasing. I suggest a length of black closed cell pipe insulation from a hardware store provides a good material to fill in this area so the eye passes right over it without notice.

Good luck with yours Bob, they're a really nice seat and i think with the conditioner and slope mod you'll really like it for years to come. :{)

My Corbin was the same way, hard as a rock, still sloped forward and slippery as all get out when you had to brake hard. I did use the little rubber cane ends on the seat-slope and that sure made an improvement. Although i did enjoy it much more after that improvement as well as the leather conditioner helped with the sliding around, i only changed it out because i scored an incredible deal on a nearly new RDL form a guy my height/size.

I still have the Corbin and had intended on recovering it(it was used/abused when i got it) with some "stretchy" blue jean type material and reselling it. Now a buddy with a '13 NC wants it so i'll just let him worry about using/recovering it haha. :{)

Last edited:
Another 210 miles in the Corbin today.

So now something slightly over 500 miles with the Corbin and still thrilled that I made this change!

After 50 miles I would crawl off the stock Honda seat like a cripple. Went roughly 80 miles and stopped for lunch in Monticello, IN. After lunch headed east another 20-30 miles, then north, then northwest, then back west toward home. 210 for the total. I'll admit my butt was getting a bit sore on the ride home. Stopped in a small town and took a short walk. Hopped back on and rode the rest of the way home. Absolutely no comparison between the comfort of the Corbin and the discomfort of the stock Honda seat.

Back