• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

dramd

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I admit I have. After seeing some bikes on the horizon with double the horsepower and more traditional engine, and similar price tag, I have suffered a little regret for my purchase. I kind of jumped on this bike while the Iron was hot with my wife. I have talked myself back from a trade in, by reminding myself this fits my current economy needs for work, and I can always get a more fun bike down the road, as I get more experience being back on two wheels. The soon arriving FZ9 did make me feel a little regret though. So what bikes made you feel a little twinge of regret on pulling the trigger on the NC700X.

Last edited:
The same bike makes me feel the same way. Friggin Yamaha....

I've considered the trade in option next spring, but I won't. I still won't have my full license by then, and anything above 750cc the insurance companies here really like to put the screws to ya when you're my age.

I'll wait for the version of the FZ-09 with more of a fairing.

I don't regret the purchase, but do look forward to buying a Harley when I have more money. There are those times I want a track bike too. I will probably ride the NC into the ground and put some knobbies on it in the end to screw around in the desert near my house. I really like the bike overall, and remind myself I get twice the mileage per gallon over those bikes I think I want.

Happens with everything I buy. Something newer comes out not long after I buy and makes me itch. Phone, DSLR, truck (new GMCs have come out and mine only has 30k on it), computer, etc.....though I haven't seen anything that makes me want to trade the NC. Have seen bikes that makes me want to have more than 1 bike. Think I need a collection of bikes.

I knew what I was buying when I bought the NC. It's not perfect but very close to what I was looking for. I have absolutely no need for any more power or weight. In fact, if it had been the NC450X at 380 pounds, lower seat height, with 35 hp and 90 mpg and a similar long stroke and low redline, it would have been even better for me.

Bikes "with double the horsepower and more traditional engine" are a dime a dozen. The NC700 is unique and special.

The best solution, when possible, is to have more than one motorcycle.

Greg

Last edited:
So far, I'm happy with my NCX. I've seen the blurbs about the new FZ09 from Yamaha, but I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it - like I said, I'm happy with what I've got.

Now when EBR (Erik Buell Racing) announces their 3 new street models (hopefully in the coming year!), I'll almost certainly change my tune. Even though their new bikes will probably cost somewhat more than our NCX's.

I haven't had a case of buyer's remorse since I quit buying Harley Davidsons. :). I do however admit that the FZ-09 has me seriously considering going back to a two bike stable. I've been talking to the manager of the local Yamaha Suzuki KTM dealer about how badly he needs an FZ-09 demo bike. I think the Yamaha would make a really fine hooligan bike, but I'd still want the NC for long rides.

Bob

The FZ9 is a Sports Bike. Inverted forks, shim under buckets. Just another sports bike. I knew what I was buying and I got what I want. The NC700X. Two different purposes. I wanted an Adventure bike, and that is just what I got.2.jpg

SmileyHappyOneThumbUp.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
With my Victory I haven't given any other big cruisers a second thought.

The FZ9 has me drooling and looking at my NC and wondering....lighter, faster, fully adjustable suspension, sexy looking swingarm, upright riding position...if someone comes out with some decent hard luggage...the NC may be on a short leash!! I would certainly miss the frunk, but man, at only $500 more than a standard NC ($500 less than the DCT). Makes you wonder how Honda cheaped out on certain things (suspension, box steel swingarm) and is only $500 less...hmmm....

It might be mine...oh yes...maybe...

2014-Yamaha-FZ9-02.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get buyer's remorse. If you can and are able to, you should have multiple bikes. The minimum a bike enthusiast should have is 3. I have a track/race bike (2008 Ninja 250) and my commuter (2007 Triumph Bonneville). The next bike planned is either a supermoto or a dirt bike (but now its deciding if dirt if it's going to be doing motorcross tracks or take it out to some trails and out to the desert)

With my Victory I haven't given any other big cruisers a second thought.

The FZ9 has me drooling and looking at my NC and wondering....lighter, faster, fully adjustable suspension, sexy looking swingarm, upright riding position...if someone comes out with some decent hard luggage...the NC may be on a short leash!! I would certainly miss the frunk, but man, at only $500 more than a standard NC ($500 less than the DCT). Makes you wonder how Honda cheaped out on certain things (suspension, box steel swingarm) and is only $500 less...hmmm....

It might be mine...oh yes...maybe...

2014-Yamaha-FZ9-02.jpg

Ok, Im not gonna lie...that looks like one sexy beast!!! But I have a soft spot for Triumphs and I see too much of the Street 675 elements on that.

No buyers remorse.

I bought this bike with the intent that it was just to see if I still wanted another one at my age after not having one since college. At the time I absolutely knew what I didn't want but not really what I did want. So, under the heading "luck beats skill" I think I ended up with what seems the right bike at the right time for me. It could be the one that lasts me until I decide not to ride anymore - or not. Expect to take another reading after I have way more experience - somewhere around a year, I'm thinking.

No remorse at all (except for the seat). I needed the ultimate commuting motorcycle, and I don't know of any other bike that's a better one. That Yammer is real purty though.

I can't say I've ever had buyer's remorse on any bike I've ever bought. But I am slow to buy and do extensive research to the point I have bonded with the bike for a while before I buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My NC, outfitted as it is, is a thoroughly enjoyable long-distance motorcycle. It is not for sale or trade. I select and build a new long-distance bike every 8-12 years. At my age it is likely my last or next to last new bike. The NC will replace my 2004 BMW R1150R for long-distance duty (I will retain the R1150R as a rally bike). I just purchased back a 1977 BMW that I purchased new when I was 24 years old. Over the next year it will get a crank-out engine rebuild and a frame-up restoration. I also bought a 1976 BMW 750 from the wife of a friend who passed. I just rebuilt the top end, suspension, and brakes on it and will leave on it in two weeks for Watkins Glen. It is 36 years old and full of character. It runs now like a new one. The list of faster, sexier bikes would reach to the moon.

Happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have.

It matters not to me that someone has a faster bike, a bigger house, more money, a prettier wife, or a smarter dog. Good for them.

I am a happy man.

Lee

No remorse at all for me! I love my NC! I NEED automatic due to a left foot drop, so I am happy!
I have given my 2006' top of the line GW with under 30k miles to my children as a gift. So I am waiting for the 14' FJR with the paddle shifting. It's not at all like the NC, cause you have to shift yourself, but the fact that the shifter is on the bar - makes it just the thing for me :) Hope it gets good reviews!

Last edited:
I absolutely had no idea what I was buying when I bought my NC last August. Hadn't been on a bike since May of 1974, and hadn't paid any attention to the market. Just caught a "bug" last summer (late life crisis?) and wanted to ride again. Late summer is not the time to start bike shopping. Most dealers are letting inventory run out. I knew I didn't want a sport bike or dirt bike. I was looking at a Shadow Aero, but it sold before I was ready to decide. The only other option on the floor was the NC and it was right in my price range. So I bought it. The more I ride the more I like it. No regrets.

The FZ9 is a Sports Bike. Inverted forks, shim under buckets. Just another sports bike. I knew what I was buying and I got what I want. The NC700X. Two different purposes. I wanted an Adventure bike, and that is just what I got.

It has adventure "styling" but it's not really a adventure bike. Someone with your knowledge knows this already though. :)

Back